Beware: Burundanga is making the rounds in the DR

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Gladys-Rodriguez-Diario-Libre-1024x640.png

A Santo Domingo businesswoman warns people to watch out so as not to become a victim as she was to the chemical known here as “burundanga.” Those touching the chemical lose control of their actions. Abroad the chemical is known as “Devil’s Breath.”

Gladys Rodríguez, CEO of Agnes Models, a modeling school, said she was hypnotized when about to leave the parking lot of a supermarket in Santiago. In an intoxicated state she visited three banks where she had deposits and removed RD$500,000, RD$200,000 and US$18,000 to hand the cash to the assailants. She said she remembers a woman had approached her in the parking lot of Bravo Supermarket on Av. Salvador Estrella Sadhala in Santiago asking for directions. She recalls there were three other persons in the vehicle.

She urged the collaboration of the banks. She said the bank surveillance cameras clearly identify the persons who...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In the past some of the DR1 "experts" declared it a non issue fraud that does not exist.............

chico bill

On Vacation
May 6, 2016
Doesn't that story sound a little odd? It does to me.
Fishier than a half off weekender parrot fish dinner special.
Probably withdrew money for her sanky 'rodman' to get them a love nest apartment and concocted this off the wall story to throw her husband off the trail

Reactions: Big

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I know a lady that it happened to in Bavaro years ago. Was no BS...............She was coming out of Caribe Express..........

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
Happened to a friend of mine too in la romana at the main park in town. She woke up on a bus. When she went to the bank to report fraud, they investigated and saw that she had withdrawn the money herself. They wouldn't do anything for her.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
This is pure fiction plan and simple. Scare tactics for unknown reasons. Beware of bandits and robberies for sure. Fairy dust is a Fairy tale. It is also a great excuse used to explain away bad spending habits.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
This really started in Colombia a long time ago. They know a lot about it. Listen to the doc in the video. It has to be ingested. He says it's a myth that you can be intoxicated by it having it blown on your face or simply touching it. You can find a lot videos about it in Colombia on YouTube:

[VIDEO]
Go to the settings on the video and turn on English subtitles if you don't speak Spanish.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The only fiction is coming from YOU...................
Sorry Charlie. Zero evidence of your lady friend from "Bavaro" being a victim of anything other than her imagination. Let me guess, she asked you for money because of her loss, and you obliged. That makes YOU the victim.

Reactions: Bred

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sorry Charlie. Zero evidence of your lady friend from "Bavaro" being a victim of anything other than her imagination. Let me guess, she asked you for money because of her loss, and you obliged. That makes YOU the victim.
So YOU a guy that tips $150 on a $500 tab yet walks every place you go in the Capital to avoid traffic has a better word than me. I doubt it very much…………………

Reactions: drstock

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
While listening to those interviews in Colombia, I just learned the term "emburundangada": the state after having ingested burundanga.

That leads me to wonder if one can build something a la brigandina while ingesting burundanga.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Blue Collar Town in New Jersey
The only fiction is coming from YOU...................
Unless you were there yourself, or it happened to you,, its a STORY which someone told you
and you BOUGHT it .
The Burden of Proof is on YOU,, not the people who are saying its Fiction..

If this stuff were for Real, it would sell Hotter than Cocaine .
Every THIEF would have a 2 Kilo Bag of it , ready to go to work and make REAL money, not just stealing Cell phones.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
This is now like the 5th thread on this mythical Haitian devil worship drug nonsense. No one actually believed there was an airborne version concentrated enough to put some unsuspecting lady at the ATM into a hypnotic trance. You'd have to find a way to inject 2 grams of this crap directly into the vena cava to have someone in a stupor. At this point they'd be on the floor, let alone able to make a withdrawal. Only in the movies could you slip 2 grams of a powder into someone's drink and have this go unnoticed. And besides that, you don't even get 50% absorption in an oral powder. Wake up folks! Can you smell what the Rock is cookin'?!

Reactions: Bred, jd426 and Big

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I hear (sniff sniff) this stuf is better than cocaine 😂
I saw watched a video of her lastnight on GenteTuYa. I'm not buying it.