Sep 13, 2006
GD's like to run.

Tyson prefers to ride lol

34dlbad.jpg

Matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
any yard too small for a big dog. my in laws have few thousand sq meters and it makes no difference. their rottie (daughter of our goggie) leads an excavation to china and destroys all plants. she even digs under the cacti in order to grab spike free part and then pull them out. rolls in decorative flowers. rips apart small palm trees. eats plastic bowls for food, actually they are huge bowls for washing but used for the food. my suegra had to switch to metal cooking pots. pulls washing out of the lines.
our younger one does the same albeit at a smaller scale. scary.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My thought is that these dogs are smart..
Smart dogs get bored and do the things you describe
You need to entertain them - challenge them.... play ball.... train them....anything
Give them something to play with .... besides your plants !!

Acira might be offer some ideas.

We have 9000 m2...... they have lots of room to run but need the challenge... or playtime.
Its a job entertaining them

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i work all day but take time to walk with the goggies every day. cannot give them much more :(

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
oh, they torture our maid and the gardener :)
i should be giving them more but i also think it's the age. older dog is really calm, she mostly sleeps. when she was young she was a single weapon of mass destruction too.
i also think that when goggies have each other it's much better. they play a lot and enjoy own company.
but walks are constant daily routine i would not give up.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
My thought is that these dogs are smart..
Smart dogs get bored and do the things you describe
You need to entertain them - challenge them.... play ball.... train them....anything
Give them something to play with .... besides your plants !!

Acira might be offer some ideas.

We have 9000 m2...... they have lots of room to run but need the challenge... or playtime.
Its a job entertaining them

A dog...a frisbee...and a willing victim to throw the frisbee...the pool is optional...

aciralook.jpg

A decoy in full bite suit, preferably not afraid of dogs...there you go...

229739_2031610796660_1435832304_32455679_3352691_n.jpg

eum...now, this cat was not an option for my dogs to chase :bandit:

pluisje.jpg

Gonna stick to frisbee however if I see how much fun they have with it and how fast they are tired...you have no idea :)

zeno.jpg

Acira

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I'm sorry Acira, but that was not a cat, but a tiger in disguise... I still remember discussing with your father for hours on how to cage this fierce animal, when we were moving. WE RISKED OUR LIVES!!!!

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
any yard too small for a big dog. my in laws have few thousand sq meters and it makes no difference. their rottie (daughter of our goggie) leads an excavation to china and destroys all plants. she even digs under the cacti in order to grab spike free part and then pull them out. rolls in decorative flowers. rips apart small palm trees. eats plastic bowls for food, actually they are huge bowls for washing but used for the food. my suegra had to switch to metal cooking pots. pulls washing out of the lines.
our younger one does the same albeit at a smaller scale. scary.
Keep the dog in a pen and let him only in the yard under supervission.
Walk the dog as much as possible
and above all train your dog doesn?t matter wat but train him so he can work for you
Gets better socialized dogs
and happier dogs

Johan

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we used to let the goggie off the leash when walking at the golf course but once she run after some chickens. she is a fast dog, i tell you! but trees she cannot climb so chickens won that one. in any case i do not think it is wise to let goggies roam freely anymore...
but frisbee is a great idea! where can i buy?

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
we used to let the goggie off the leash when walking at the golf course but once she run after some chickens. she is a fast dog, i tell you! but trees she cannot climb so chickens won that one. in any case i do not think it is wise to let goggies roam freely anymore...
but frisbee is a great idea! where can i buy?

You can order them directly from the US via hyperflite.com but be sure to read their free instruction guide on how to use them at Disc Dogs! Rock, do want your goggies to have fun with them and not be injured ;)

Acira

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think in a game frisbee vs rottie the latter will win :)
but thanks, my brother in law is in the USA now, i'll ask him to buy, they must have them in many stores, right?

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Why do you keep writing "goggies"? Is that some English thing?

SHALENA

It might be a Josephine Conrad thing. She's originally from Poland and spent many years in England.

Like Joseph Conrad she mastered the English language. Conrad wrote Heart of Darkness, she has a dark, mad sense of humor. :laugh:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Since my Santiago is no go....got my great dane!! Filled out the app, had phone interview yesterday, got email today that I was approved!! Went on website to pick puppy....blue girl, gorgeous. Sent deposit!!!

SHALENA

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Since my Santiago is no go....got my great dane!! Filled out the app, had phone interview yesterday, got email today that I was approved!! Went on website to pick puppy....blue girl, gorgeous. Sent deposit!!!

SHALENA

Careful.... by the time you want to go to Santiago, the dog might be too large to fly....

Think this over..... no way to get to RD..... maybe cruise ship from Miami to Samana

Kennel and dog limit is about 100lbs.... for both kennel and dog.

Don't want you to be disappointed...

Oct 28, 2011
Great Dane

:) Do you know of anyone who wants to buy a 10 mth. old black?

Here is Toby's dad on his birthday:

vza4ag.jpg

And helping Whirleybird moderate DR1:

mb7jth.jpg

They are actually pretty intelligent, incredibly personable and very loving. They are good as guard dogs as they make so much noise, although Tyson has never bitten anyone he does knock people over and stands over them whilst waiting for the pit bull to finish them off.

I bought him here and if you look here gran danes - animales - perros - gatos - Rep?blica Dominicana you can see there are a lot for sale. Expect to pay around 45,000 RD$.

matilda