Blackouts in Boca Chica

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Well, this is a first. Paid the electric bill on the 4th and had it turned off about an hour ago for non payment. My kid actually showed them the receipt and they still turned it off. These people are so fucking stupid. What is the Spanish word for retard?
Well they showed to disconnect me one day. Tlaked the guy out of it when I showed him the receipt. He looked and said they made an error and credited my payment to an account one number different that my account. It was the counter girl typed it worng.
Their response "So sorry you can contact that perosn to get you 1500 pesos back, but we can't give you his information, nor issue you a credit to your account".
WTF - how incompetent can these utility companies be ?

FGUnsworth1

Oct 18, 2003
Well, this is a first. Paid the electric bill on the 4th and had it turned off about an hour ago for non payment. My kid actually showed them the receipt and they still turned it off. These people are so fucking stupid. What is the Spanish word for retard?
Spanish word for retard=EDEEste

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I don't understand. I get a bill every month via email. I click on the "paga factura" link, and a page pops up. A couple of clicks and it's paid and I'm done.
I can also pay with TPago app if I prefer.
What's so hard about doing that?

Last edited:
Reactions: johne

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I don't understand. I get a bill every month via email. I click on the "paga factura" link, and a page pops up. A couple of clicks and it's paid and I'm done.
I can also pay with TPago app if I prefer.
What's so hard about doing that/
I use oficina virtual. You can see all of your past bills (pdf), print them etc. There's also this great feature that lets you see your daily consumption for the current cycle. You can see if there are any issues with your circuit as well. Not a bad deal. Not the prettiest UI, but very handy.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Credit where credit is due: I messaged EDEste on Instagram about yesterday's blackout and after some silly back and forth (they wanted my NIC which I don't have) they finally said there was a problem they were working on. An hour after service was restored they messaged me again asking if everything was fine. I didn't see it until now and replied with a muchas gracias.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
7 hours no luz and counting. I wonder if anybody intelligent works at EDEstupido.
I bugged out for the Hampton Inn around 3pm yesterday, my power went out around 11am and with Franklin coming more to the east I'll stay here for a couple of days, my buddy in La Caleta lost power around 11am too, but had it back on 15 minutes later

Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
4 hours plus no electricity after on and off a few times morning and early afternoon. The tardos are back at what they call work.
I feel for ya, dude. I lost power for 15 minutes today. It happens every 4-5 weeks like clockwork.

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
no power since around 9am, around 11am I noticed a bucket truck on Avenida del Sur, near the courthouse, repairing or installing wires