Blue Mall SD

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Nals", just being "Nals", as he posts all about what it's like to live in the DR,....................From Connecticut !!!!!!!!
Just like "Pi$$hardo" does from Orlando Florida!!!!!
I "HATE" it here????????????
They Love it here?????????????????????
I actually live here!
They actually DON"T!!!!!!!!!!
I'll let you guys decide who is more credible.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Newbees" often tell me, " "If you hate the DR so much, LEAVE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll say, "If you LOVE the DR so much, Come Back Home"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I suppose it's easier to tell me to "Leave" than to give up the "Good Life" in the "Land of the FREE CHEESE, Nanny State, and come back to the DR, and try and make a difference here?????

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Newbies cannot appreciate CC's posts as they haven't lived here long or obviously clueless about the DR. This is also true of for many of those "blue passport" Dominicans, that have been born and raised in the USA.

As has been posted, when you have lived here and experienced the DR for a few years or more, you pick up on the subtleties of CC's posts that newbies or those that don't live here full time miss.

His posts are VERY informative and spot on in most cases, one of the reasons we at DR1 value CC as a Mod :)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This reminds me of many relationships I've had! LOL

When will people understand that not agreeing doesn't mean not seeing your point of view????

I understand that everyone doesn't think alike, everyone is not capable of seeing all sides of an issue, and everyone is not capable of even defending both sides of a single issue; but at a certain point it needs to dawn on people that not everyone is wired like they are. There are people out there that really do see it and despite seeing it as you do, they still don't agree with you because they also see other things.

Ah well, I think this is enough for all of this dejavu. Back to the Blue Mall.

Who's going to the new yachting store?

BTW, this isn't 100% like several of my old relationships, because in these she always realizes that I did get it and that despite "getting it," I still rejected her conclusions. That's when the disappointment sets in, because it becomes clear to her that there's nothing she can do when its clear that I see the world as she does and then I see it in other ways too and often times, that leads to completely different conclusions. At that point she convinces herself that I'm simply 'hardheaded' or 'intentionally going against her,' but that's not even it. It was never personal, which is hard for most people to understand.

I'm used to this though.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Both "Nals", and Pichardo, need to look at "Diario Libre Virtual" today.
They can't get a "Hard Copy" in the USA!
The political cartoon today, "Boque Chivo", has "Chivo" and "Diogenes" watching TV New Show showing patients lined up on the hospital.
One says, "Things are bad in Syria now"!
The other says, "What do you mean "In Syria", that's HERE!
Then in the same "Paper" you can see an actual foto of Cholora, or maybe "Dengue Fever",patients lying on the floor in the hospital hallway here in SD!
Then they can see on another page how the Central Bank's us dollar reserves are down over 600 million dollars, and that dollars are becoming "Scarse" here, EVEN at over 43 to 1.
"SPIN" that "Doctors"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps, Robert, your check from me is in the mail!
"Dominican Mail", so you may have to wait a year, or two!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 12, 2005
Both "Nals", and Pichardo, need to look at "Diario Libre Virtual" today.
They can't get a "Hard Copy" in the USA!
The political cartoon today, "Boque Chivo", has "Chivo" and "Diogenes" watching TV New Show showing patients lined up on the hospital.
One says, "Things are bad in Syria now"!
The other says, "What do you mean "In Syria", that's HERE!
Then in the same "Paper" you can see an actual foto of Cholora, or maybe "Dengue Fever",patients lying on the floor in the hospital hallway here in SD!
Then they can see on another page how the Central Bank's us dollar reserves are down over 600 million dollars, and that dollars are becoming "Scarse" here, EVEN at over 43 to 1.
"SPIN" that "Doctors"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps, Robert, your check from me is in the mail!
"Dominican Mail", so you may have to wait a year, or two!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Would there not be a big influx of dollars coming in a few months por Navidad?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012

That's usually the case. But given the crisis in the US and Europe in the last few years, that influx has been reduced very much. Last Navidad the exchange rate did not change, at least not a noticeable change.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Ahem...

News is bad for you

Media consumption and public attitudes toward crime and justice- JCJPC, Volume 10, Issue 2

Public perception of crime remains out of sync with reality, criminologist contends | Feature Stories

Add to this the much greater sensationalism that characterizes the Dominican media and it should hint on what the effects this is having on people's perceptions. There is not a single place in the world where media coverage of crime/social problems correlates with actual increases or decreases of them, and the reason is because these are businesses that live off the value of their advertising spaces. This value is related to circulation rates and these rates increases with certain types of stories (and disproportionate attention is given to sensationalized stories for this very reason, its good for the bottom line.)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

I always thought its the other way around. Importers are importing more now to be ready for Christmas, these imports need to be paid in 90 days, add another 30 for paying late and everyone will need dollars in December.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What Castle said!!!!!
He "Gets It", here in the DR, not from Conn.
For the last 2, or 3 years, there has not been the traditional "Navidad" lowering in the US dollar, "vis a vi" the Dom. Peso.
GREAT!!!
The Central Bank, who lowered it's interest rate in May, to help the economy, have now increased their interest rate to Improve the economy!!!
If you can read the CB's Chief's statements on the future of the DR's economy from yesterday, in today's"Diario Libre", dust off your "WTF" button, you will be using it after every paragraph.
The guy is "Certifiably Nuts"!!!!!!!!
It's like he hired
Nals", and "Pichardo" as economic advisers/speech writers.
I cashed two checks today, one for the pesos I need this week, the other in US Dollars to "Average In" to the peso market.
"C mon 50 to 1"!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
7521255076_27dd132208_h.jpg

7521586042_90cb96a3f8_h.jpg

I'm no linguistic expert but isn't that quite contradictory? The so-called, high class, chopo free mall bares
a sign that says "Parqu?ate" gratis.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"NO"!
"Spanish Grammar", is never practiced here.
They like stuff like, "Donde tu bas"?
"Pa Ya "!!!!!
"Ta bien"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Favorite DR "Tongue Twister"!
"DondeTaTaco"?.."TacoTaAcotado"!
When I learned to say THAT, I felt good!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Now, try saying, "Unique New York" 10 times really fast!
"YuNique U Nork" doesn't count!!!

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
I get it Criss, I am Dominican too.
I was gearing towards the contrast between the place being so "de la high" yet they are no different
than the regular Dominican citizen.
When I visit the Blue Mall in a few weeks me "parquear?" gratis,
"lonchar?" en el food court y quizas muy pronto "volver? pa' tras".
LOL
LOL

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
What Castle said!!!!!
He "Gets It", here in the DR, not from Conn.
For the last 2, or 3 years, there has not been the traditional "Navidad" lowering in the US dollar, "vis a vi" the Dom. Peso.
GREAT!!!
The Central Bank, who lowered it's interest rate in May, to help the economy, have now increased their interest rate to Improve the economy!!!
If you can read the CB's Chief's statements on the future of the DR's economy from yesterday, in today's"Diario Libre", dust off your "WTF" button, you will be using it after every paragraph.
The guy is "Certifiably Nuts"!!!!!!!!
It's like he hired
Nals", and "Pichardo" as economic advisers/speech writers.
I cashed two checks today, one for the pesos I need this week, the other in US Dollars to "Average In" to the peso market.
"C mon 50 to 1"!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Yes MR. All-knowing!

I guess that's exactly why inflation is slowly decreasing from the high levels as before... The GDP is posting growth instead of flat of negative with a positive up-stick?

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
But again... The Blue Mall that was supposed to be shut down due to no cash in the DR to support such insanity as a high-end shopping center...

Now about to go more high-end with the J.W. Marriott...

id7c.jpg

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yes MR. All-knowing!

I guess that's exactly why inflation is slowly decreasing from the high levels as before... The GDP is posting growth instead of flat of negative with a positive up-stick?

please, PICHARDO. you do know that GDP figures are no indicator of how well an economy is performing.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
He also doesn't "KNOW", or much more likely, doesn't "Want To Know", that the DR is in the "Top Ten" of countries guilty of "Wasteful Spending"!
The "MALLS", make "Pretty Pictures" but like our "Local Spin Doctors Brain:, it's Just more,
"Lights On, Nobody Home"!!!!!!
But then "Sales" are not the main purpose of the "Mega Malls", they are only there to be a "Laundry"!
"In By 10, OUT by 5"!!!!
The newest job of the DR'd government "LIERS" is to have a World Wide Campain," to try and convince the international community that the Dominican State, "Loves their Haitian "Hermanos y Hermanas"!!!!!
But they only want to "Love Them" when they are in "Haiti", never to retun to the DR!!!!
"Pee Man", have you looked to see if they need any more "Doctores De "Espin"???
You already have proved many times that you are well qualified!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC