Boca Chica?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Irsav, please provide us with an update. We know you know so much of Boca Chica and the surrounding areas. How is life progressing for you there?

FGUnsworth1

Oct 18, 2003
There are very few people on the streets of Boca Chica now. During the week you see just the expats and the locals. The place is eerily quiet. Tourist are few and far between now and the number of girls looking for short company are porportional to the number of tourists.
Numbers increase in all categories on weekends of course. The beaches and streets are crowded with people and their cars. Rules are adhered to largely on an individual basis loosened as the amount of alcohol increases. Less masks and social distancing as the day grows older.
Curfew presently is M-F 5 A.M to 7 P.M and S-S 5 A.M.to 5 P.M Police like beach goers out of the water around 3:45 P.M. on weekends in order to be off the road and out of Boca Chica before curfew. There seems to be an unwritten rule with curfew tolerances. Police at their descretion, will tolerate a half hour past curfew, after that it is play and pay. Police compound was overflowing with 12 seized cars, couches,tables and chairs and a refrigerator. Lost count of the number of seized motorcycles. All occupants adorned with Home Depot bracelets
Restaurants are open, but starving for business, bars are closed and of course no more tables in the street.
Lots of thefts and fights going on by people trying to survive.
EVERYBODY waiting for the tourist to come to bring the dollars which will be both a cure and a curse for the problems here.
The increase in tourists, the lessening of restrictions will only lead to higher numbers in Covid19 cases
Hang on it will be one hell of a ride.
Interpol raided HotFrio Hotel today. Never a good time for a visit from them

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Just an fyi, we got back from MegaCentro in SDEste about 230 on a guagua. The mask police are out in force. They boarded the guagua looking for violators. There was one senorita they singled out.

I was so proud of BC's finest!

Reactions: aarhus

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Just an fyi, we got back from MegaCentro in SDEste about 230 on a guagua. The mask police are out in force. They boarded the guagua looking for violators. There was one senorita they singled out.

I was so proud of BC's finest!
Good for the police!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was in playa boca chica today. It was comforting to see very few people on the beach. The restaurants were begging people to come inside. Some beach restaurants were almost full and others empty. Water was very clear and i spent a very relaxing afternoon on the beach.
I spoke to tourist police and i was informed that tomorrow, the curfew will be till 5pm but beach will be open to public except no one could enter bars and restaurants. I wonder if they will bring your food and drinks to the beach, where you will be sitting.
So seems like beach will stay open to public during the hours we are allowed to stay outside.
Now i walked the main avenue in boca chica and didn't see a single person with mask or doing social distancing. Bars were full and even sidewalk chairs and tables were full of clients. Johns and hookers going about their daily business. No masks or social distancing anywhere.

Reactions: irsav

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I was in playa boca chica today. It was comforting to see very few people on the beach. The restaurants were begging people to come inside. Some beach restaurants were almost full and others empty. Water was very clear and i spent a very relaxing afternoon on the beach.
I spoke to tourist police and i was informed that tomorrow, the curfew will be till 5pm but beach will be open to public except no one could enter bars and restaurants. I wonder if they will bring your food and drinks to the beach, where you will be sitting.
So seems like beach will stay open to public during the hours we are allowed to stay outside.
Now i walked the main avenue in boca chica and didn't see a single person with mask or doing social distancing. Bars were full and even sidewalk chairs and tables were full of clients. Johns and hookers going about their daily business. No masks or social distancing anywhere.

And yet we survive.

Reactions: irsav and Big

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Just got back from my walk. The hotels on the east side by Neptune et al are packed. There is no parking spot to be had. Tons of people, almost all Dominicanos. At least some people are working so I'm glad to see it.

About half the colmados are closed, which is to be expected.

Reactions: irsav