Bourbon

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
This is a inaccurate statement.

There are any number of Single Malt Scotch Whiskies available here in 🇩🇴 . I am not a big fan of Scotch. I have many different bottles of Scotch (mostly blended) that I do not like the taste. But I have finally figured out how to use those that I have on my shelf (besides dumping them off on guests I don't like. I mix it. I have found that the overall nasty flavor profile that most Scotch has in general works quite will in a Whisky Sour. So, strangely enough Scotch has become my goto base when I am mixing it up.

That way I can drink ALL my Bourbon neat. I prefer Bourbon.

I picked up GlenGrant The Major's Reserve. Excellent‼️Both in taste and value.

Glen Grant Majors Reserve700 ml960$16.49Licormart
I don’t think you read my comment well. I wrote “ the only malt I have seen”. I haven’t been to all the stores in the country so there might be more available.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Sorry Yourmaninvegas. Once you left the DR availability or not is not in your mind anymore. In fact I never saw any Islay on the island.
Is this the comment I read wrong âť“
I don’t think you read my comment well. I wrote “ the only malt I have seen”. I haven’t been to all the stores in the country so there might be more available.
And you do not need to got all the stores in the country as there are many different single malts available in many different stores here in the 🇩🇴.

So, which is itâť“

There are even Islay single malts available in 🇩🇴. I have seen them‼️
And now you know.
:ROFLMAO:

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Well drink a malt with one of your many friends. Salud!
I actually only have one friend in the 🇩🇴 that would get into the private reserve. And a Single Malt is mos def in the private reserve. Thank you.
I prefer Bourbon‼️

One of my favorite cocktails is the simple whiskey sour. The beauty of this drink is how the ingredients interact with the whiskey. The whiskey always shines through and the flavor of the drink changes with the base flavor of the whiskey. So any number of different flavor profiles can be experienced by just changing the base whiskey you mixing with.

Lately, I have been going through all my whiskeys (that I am willing mix up in a cocktail) that I have been able to source here in the DR and using them in a whiskey sour to experience the different flavor profile of each whiskey.

A person (that will remain unnamed) stated the only thing that matters is if I enjoy the taste. I disagree with that statement (I am allowed to do that right?). I am both taste and price sensitive. I do not like paying large amount of money for a spirit of any type that I am going to use to mix with. I like to save my expensive spirits (at least for me) of all types to enjoy neat.

The best whiskey sour in my opinion (and the only one that counts when I am mixing it up) uses Dewar's 10 years Carribben Smooth Blended Scotch Whisky.

Dewars Caribbean Smooth750 ml950$17.59Ron Depot

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I have never drank a whiskey sour but during Golf War one I was stationed in Cyprus and lived off Cypriot brandy sours and Ouzo.
I thought they said war was hell ‼️ Glad you made it through that.

Yes, it is the sour part that I like. So I would probably like a brandy sour also. Brandy is a rare find here. In 🇩🇴. It is on my buy on sight list when I do find it.

All of my favorite drinks have citrus flavor them. Whiskey Sour, Screwdriver, Margarita (made with fresh ingredients), Tequila Sunrise, Rum punch, Mojito and Vegas' hard lemonade all have that spike of citrus that sets them off for me. I also like all citrus juices (even without the mix).

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I suppose that’s the tin man from the Wizard of Oz?

Actually, as I am sure you know, C-3PO from Star Wars fame.
Just another protocol droid of this modern age, who is adept at rage-googling, and quoting textbook narratives.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I used to drink Makers Mark after a round of golf, but quit drink hard liquor due to stomach problems. I believe I have seen it here, but wasn't really paying attention.
I have some on my shelf. Wheat in the Mash Bill. Very mellow and sweet.

Makers Mark750 ml2220$38.01Licormart

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I thought they said war was hell ‼️ Glad you made it through that.

Yes, it is the sour part that I like. So I would probably like a brandy sour also. Brandy is a rare find here. In 🇩🇴. It is on my buy on sight list when I do find it.

All of my favorite drinks have citrus flavor them. Whiskey Sour, Screwdriver, Margarita (made with fresh ingredients), Tequila Sunrise, Rum punch, Mojito and Vegas' hard lemonade all have that spike of citrus that sets them off for me. I also like all citrus juices (even without the mix).
Beauty of being airforce, you are usually not at the front lines. Working 16 hour days for six months isn't that much fun though.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
What brands? Where to get it? Cost?

That is the information I am looking for. My experience in the Dominican Republic is that Bourbon here is rare, expensive and with very few options. And feel free to make comments on taste profiles and quality.
Getting back to the subject at hand: Bourbon

Excellent ‼️ But pricy here in 🇩🇴.
Buffalo Trace750 ml 2015$34.65Licormart

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Evan Williams Black Label750 ml 975$16.77Ron Depot
What Bourbon is ‼️ Taste, age and accessibility.
The White Label Bonded in Bond is better. But I have not seen it being offered in any of the stores I have been in.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I was offered Bourbon last night... BSB

Brown sugar bourbon..... very sweet.....

BSB Bourbon

BSB® - Brown Sugar Bourbon tastes both sweet and indulgent, featuring strong notes of cinnamon and brown sugar that create a classic whiskey warmth. Experience why BSB® was named the “World's Best Flavoured Whisky” 2 years in a row by Whisky Magazine's World Whiskies Awards 2018 & 2019.

1611055878210.png

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

BSB Bourbon

BSB® - Brown Sugar Bourbon tastes both sweet and indulgent, featuring strong notes of cinnamon and brown sugar that create a classic whiskey warmth. Experience why BSB® was named the “World's Best Flavoured Whisky” 2 years in a row by Whisky Magazine's World Whiskies Awards 2018 & 2019.

View attachment 4028
So you like some booze with your sugar? LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Our Man In Vegas.... has gone..... drunk..... and angry.

He's volunteering in Haiti.
You are speaking from experience because you know me personally âť“
Careful if it's not Bourbon related.....

El Jeffe (RIP) kicked my derriere for it....
Did you find the person who assaulted youâť“

BSB Bourbon

View attachment 4028
Thank you for returning to topic.
Always a pleasure to have someone contributing real knowledge instead of insulting me.
Makes for more interesting reading (at least for me).
I too have not found a flavored Bourbon that I like.
I picked up a bottle of Even Williams Honey flavor bourbon.
Disliked it so much I gave it the bottle away after only pouring one ounce of it to try.
It is available at Licormart, Ron Depot and Olé and many other stores here in 🇩🇴 .
I do not remember the price.
Any price would be too high for me at this point.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
You are speaking from experience because you know me personally âť“

Did you find the person who assaulted youâť“

Thank you for returning to topic.
Always a pleasure to have someone contributing real knowledge instead of insulting me.
Makes for more interesting reading (at least for me).
I too have not found a flavored Bourbon that I like.
I picked up a bottle of Even Williams Honey flavor bourbon.
Disliked it so much I gave it the bottle away after only pouring one ounce of it to try.
It is available at Licormart, Ron Depot and Olé and many other stores here in 🇩🇴 .
I do not remember the price.
Any price would be too high for me at this point.

While I have not specifically tasted Evan Williams Honey Flavoured Bourbon, and it has been 22 years since I sampled regular Evan Willams, I can remember it being not only similarly bottled/marketed, but also very similar in flavour to Jack Daniels.
With that said, I have tasted the Jack Daniels Honey version, and just as yourself, I too found it not to my liking. Neither neat, nor on the rocks.
As opposed to just giving it away, or dumping it in the pail, I did ask around first, and was pleasantly surprised to find a use for the product. It goes very well, drizzled over some plain vanilla ice cream, for dessert purposes. Much like the liqueur Frangelico.
Again, just a drizzle.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas