bread flour

magoo

Jan 13, 2005
Molinos Valle del Cibao sell Princesa and Principe bread flours, both from hard red wheats. Princesa has a protein content of 12.5% and Principe has 11.7%, as per the technical data sheet. I used to use King Arthur All Purpose flour and now use Principe with no difference in the bread. The flours come in 120 lbs bags but there is a business in San Carlos who sells them from 5 lbs onward. The seller's name is Priamo, phone No.809-689-6287. He sells SAF instant yeast, also.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Molinos Valle del Cibao sell Princesa and Principe bread flours, both from hard red wheats. Princesa has a protein content of 12.5% and Principe has 11.7%, as per the technical data sheet. I used to use King Arthur All Purpose flour and now use Principe with no difference in the bread. The flours come in 120 lbs bags but there is a business in San Carlos who sells them from 5 lbs onward. The seller's name is Priamo, phone No.809-689-6287. He sells SAF instant yeast, also.

I've used King Arthur Bread Flour, it's great. I tried Princessa flour [from La Sirena] and my bread was terrible, is this the same as what you're talking about? Also - you mean San Carlos in Santo Domingo? If so that's good for me!

Today I bought a 50 pound bag of bread flour at Sam's Club - if it's good I'll ship down a couple of bags to DR, it was just a bit over $9.

magoo

Jan 13, 2005
I've used King Arthur Bread Flour, it's great. I tried Princessa flour [from La Sirena] and my bread was terrible, is this the same as what you're talking about? Also - you mean San Carlos in Santo Domingo? If so that's good for me!

Today I bought a 50 pound bag of bread flour at Sam's Club - if it's good I'll ship down a couple of bags to DR, it was just a bit over $9.

No, the one in supermarkets is Princesita, very much alike Blanquita, better for cakes, pastelitos and some pastries, but not for yeast breads. I think the protein content in these is about 9%. And yes, San Carlos in Santo Domingo.