Breakfast Sausage

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Canned Hash Browns and eggs aren't bad for breakfast. I usually add in some A1 as well. You can sub HP in for the A1 if have no other choice, or if you're not American.

i love canned corned beef hash with eggs, but the darn thing is sooo expensive.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I remember spending many shopping trips trying to find American style link sausage in natural casings. No luck, even at the German butcher. If you can source the Jimmy Dean pound frozen, that would prob be your best option even at a high price.

There is a world of difference between this:
51xTat4A0SL.01._SR300,300_.jpg

and this:
armour_brown_n_serve.jpg

And when and if you do find real sausage, you're going to start Jonesing for real Maple Syrup..

if i get the sausage, i will spring for the maple syrup; trust me.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I remember spending many shopping trips trying to find American style link sausage in natural casings. No luck, even at the German butcher. If you can source the Jimmy Dean pound frozen, that would prob be your best option even at a high price.

There is a world of difference between this:
51xTat4A0SL.01._SR300,300_.jpg

and this:
armour_brown_n_serve.jpg

And when and if you do find real sausage, you're going to start Jonesing for real Maple Syrup..

which do you think is better?

May 5, 2007
Jones. I call the Brown and Serve "cat turds." You can get those in the DR no problem, though they tend to be freezer burned.

Always enjoyed Jones, just a fine line between re-heated and rubber, especially if using Micro

Most of the cat turds I have eaten required extra ketchup

May 29, 2006
Nowadays I get the Jimmy Dean Breakfast Skillets. Excellent for making omelettes. Don't know if they are in the DR. About $5 for four hearty servings in the US(with 12 eggs and cheese). I also make breakfast burritos with them.

FHKLP.jpg.jpg

Ketchup? Maybe on Hash Browns...

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
where is "todo Carne" ? thanks in advance
Hi Fredo,
If you head for Cabarete from Sosua centre, you will pass Supermercado Sosua, the German resaturant, the new ferreteria then the road to the Jehovah's witness place on the right hand side, then ferreteria Luciano on the left hand side. Todo Carne is further up on the left hand side opposite the entrance to the road that leads up to Casa Manana, the Palms Condos and Garden Kids international school. Look for the flashing amber light on the main road.
It's marked as "Micro Jet Technologies" on the map.
Hope that helps.

TodoCarne_zps2754a47f.jpg

Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Wow, five pages on breakfast sausages. I would dearly like to try them, but way too much fat for my compromised heart. Good luck with getting what you are looking for.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Speaking of "Cat TURDS", and who doesn't enjoy THAT, I cleaned my cat's "Inodoro Box" this am.
I wondered where I dropped that "Chocolate Truffle"??????
Still good, glad the cats don't like chocolate! :lick::lick:
And now reading this thread, has made me hungry for some good sausage.
I'm off to "Super Mercado National" to buy a bunch, cook it, eat it, and report back, on it!
I won't buy any "SPAM", because, sliced thin, and fried crispy,it's the "BOMB", and I would eat the whole can!
Who need 20,000 miligrams of sodium anyway! :eek::eek::eek:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
productos chef , you can get them in the freezer at Tropical supermarket if your lucky ? they are the closest thing to a north American sausage that is made here and only 60 pesos a pack , but they sell out quick.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Speaking of "Cat TURDS", and who doesn't enjoy THAT, I cleaned my cat's "Inodoro Box" this am.
I wondered where I dropped that "Chocolate Truffle"??????
Still good, glad the cats don't like chocolate! :lick::lick:
And now reading this thread, has made me hungry for some good sausage.
I'm off to "Super Mercado National" to buy a bunch, cook it, eat it, and report back, on it!
I won't buy any "SPAM", because, sliced thin, and fried crispy,it's the "BOMB", and I would eat the whole can!
Who need 20,000 miligrams of sodium anyway! :eek::eek::eek:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Cris, you made me laugh! Reminds me of a story I heard once. There was a poor clueless postulant in a cloistered monastery who had the responsibility of cleaning up the dining room after each meal.

One day, after the main meal, as she was wiping the place mats she noticed a large brown lump of "something" on the floor. She was a bit horrified, to say the least. It was a big feast day, when special treats like chocolates were available. Can you imagine the relief when she gingerly used a napkin to pick up the lump and discovered that one of the sisters had dropped some of her chocolate "stash" from her pocket?