Bronzeallspice

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Thanks everyone! As I read all the posts it brought tears to my eyes to see that you cared enough to give me words of comfort.

I was born with cavernous malformation (abnormal blood vessels) the size of mulberries in the brain. Although I
was not aware of it, this is what the neurosurgeon said to me. It is genetic and it is prevalent among Hispanics.

On August 9th I got an excruciating headache, nausea, vomiting and a fever. I went to the ER and a CT Scan
was performed and a mass was found in my brain and I was transferred to another hospital that specializes
in Neurosurgery. Another CT Scan was performed and blood was found. I was placed in ICU where I remained
for 4 days. An MRI/MRA was done and that's where my condition was discovered. I have to go see the
Neurosurgeon for follow up with MRI's to see the progress. After 3 bleeds I was told I need to have brain
surgery. So now I need to be on the look out for a headache that doesn't go away with tylenol or if there
is any numbness, weakness or if I get seizures, I am to go to the ER.

I also had three back surgeries: lumbar laminectomy and two TLIF'S (transforaminal lumbar
interbody fusion) and an MRI was done and a new disc herniation was found(lumbar) and
bulging discs (thoracic) and protruding discs in the neck (cervical).

I do sign in to DR1 once in a while but not to post yet. Thank you so much for caring and for your prayers.:)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Thanks everyone! As I read all the posts it brought tears to my eyes to see that you cared enough to give me words of comfort.

I was born with cavernous malformation (abnormal blood vessels) the size of mulberries in the brain. Although I
was not aware of it, this is what the neurosurgeon said to me. It is genetic and it is prevalent among Hispanics.

On August 9th I got an excruciating headache, nausea, vomiting and a fever. I went to the ER and a CT Scan
was performed and a mass was found in my brain and I was transferred to another hospital that specializes
in Neurosurgery. Another CT Scan was performed and blood was found. I was placed in ICU where I remained
for 4 days. An MRI/MRA was done and that's where my condition was discovered. I have to go see the
Neurosurgeon for follow up with MRI's to see the progress. After 3 bleeds I was told I need to have brain
surgery. So now I need to be on the look out for a headache that doesn't go away with tylenol or if there
is any numbness, weakness or if I get seizures, I am to go to the ER.

I also had three back surgeries: lumbar laminectomy and two TLIF'S (transforaminal lumbar
interbody fusion) and an MRI was done and a new disc herniation was found(lumbar) and
bulging discs (thoracic) and protruding discs in the neck (cervical).

I do sign in to DR1 once in a while but not to post yet. Thank you so much for caring and for your prayers.:)

Bronzie, you are going to get through this. as i said, we are all rooting for you to be up and about in short order.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Roberts business needs your wit and the stimulation you provide to DR1. I already miss your insight. Who else is going to keep the crazies from taking over. Miss you, hope you are right back.

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
Love and blessings, everything will be ok. Take care of yourself and have a quick recovery.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
After this ordeal I think we should promote you to Silverallspice. You get the Gold when you come out on the other side and beat this!

Wishing you all the best. X

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I received a call tonight from Lea/Bronzeallspice. She is back in ICU with another brain bleed, and will undergo several tests in the morning to determine if brain surgery is imminent. She's understandably concerned. She and her son will meet with the neurosurgeon tomorrow.

Let's keep her in our prayers, and send positive thoughts her way.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Leah is certainly in my thoughts and any surgery is risky, even under the best conditions. I hope for the best outcome. She's a feisty lady and that often makes the difference.

Beenaway

May 27, 2013
Agreed - get well soon.
My mill needs your grist...

A metaphor too far,perhaps..
Talking of which - what happened to Chip00!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Bronzie, bless you. We've been back and forth but it was always love and respect and always will be. Get well and hurry back to us. ;)