business

Predestina

Mar 25, 2024
GEORGIA
Greetings to all,

I'm thinking about opening a sport bar in Puerto Plata , this is my time opening a business in foreign country . Any advice pro-and cons?
Had anyone operated an business in DR before ?

Reactions: Peterj

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Greetings to all,

I'm thinking about opening a sport bar in Puerto Plata , this is my time opening a business in foreign country . Any advice pro-and cons?
Great idea! Do you have a location in mind? Please keep us informed as to your progress. Looking forward to hearing more!

Predestina

Mar 25, 2024
GEORGIA
Great idea! Do you have a location in mind? Please keep us informed as to your progress. Looking forward to hearing more!
I'm looking for a nice spot remote from the Downtown Puerto Plata. My idea is to offer something different from the tipico bar here.
like and upscale bar with a live piano playing music.

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
Greetings to all,

You should reconsider your business plan. A sports bar obviously looks amazing, but I wonder if it's viable. There are many in SDQ, but the occupancy is minimal. I think you will be sorely disappointed in a tourist spot like POP.
In short; just take off your pink sunglasses and get back to reality.

What is your revenue model, when all costs have been settled? If you have too much US$, many here on the forum will probably know a better use for it.

Good luck!

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
It might break even if you are in an area where there are a lot of foreign tourists and no competition from other sports bars.

Live piano music - a waste of money in my opinion.

Reactions: cavok

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Greetings to all,

As Liberator said above, I also think you should reconsider. Why Puerto Plata? What would be your clientele there? You mention "DR", so I'd like to point out that Puerto Plata does not equal the DR.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
I'm looking for a nice spot remote from the Downtown Puerto Plata. My idea is to offer something different from the tipico bar here.
ehhhhhhhhh ????? Sports Bar with live Piano music !? Why not selling sushi in a colmado ?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
As a sports enthusiast, who watches my fair share of sports. I just can't get my mind around the sports bar concept. The thought of sitting around a bar with a bunch of underemployed grown men wearing sports jerseys, yelling at the T.V and walking to a urine-soaked restroom 6 times a night is not my idea of a pleasant evening.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
If I were to goto a sports bar, live piano is not what I would be interested in. If you had all the normal channels, food, cold beer, and reasonable prices, you could count me in at least once a week.

Reactions: JD Jones

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I smell a...
sock.png

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
I love live piano, I’d go just for that. But businesses open and shut down quickly here, good luck.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If I were to goto a sports bar, live piano is not what I would be interested in. If you had all the normal channels, food, cold beer, and reasonable prices, you could count me in at least once a week.

This.