Buying Organic Food In The Dominican Republic

H

hammerdown

As a farmer in Jarabacoa once told me, 'The farmers use pesticides like Dominican women use Sopita.' There are very few that do not use chemicals, very very few.....

J

JDJones

As a farmer in Jarabacoa once told me, 'The farmers use pesticides like Dominican women use Sopita.' There are very few that do not use chemicals, very very few.....

That does it. I'm going to stop buying things in the mercado.

R

RDKNIGHT

Now this needs explaining.....Black Night..

A guy w/ no money.... will pay anything to make money

From my days in Rome.....
we called that a non sequitor
meaning he is more desperate
for money and will do anything to gain some.....he will borrow money to buy chemicals.... and give a rats A@@ about you and me...

Markelowan

Dec 14, 2023
USA
If you're up for a trip to Santo Domingo, you might have better luck finding organic food there. PriceSmart could be a good place to start, they might have some USDA Organic items. Another option is to check out "La Sirena" and "Supermercados Nacional" in Santo Domingo, they often have a decent selection of organic products. When it comes to local options, it's important to make sure they can be trusted. You can try asking locals for recommendations or look for farmers' markets where you might find some organic goodies. For your everyday staples like eggs, milk, cheese, pasta, rice, beans, and veggies, these stores should have you covered. And if you're feeling adventurous, why not try some beet juice powder? It's a fun and nutritious addition to your diet. If you happen to discover any other stores or websites that offer organic products, please share them with us.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
If you're up for a trip to Santo Domingo, you might have better luck finding organic food there. PriceSmart could be a good place to start, they might have some USDA Organic items. Another option is to check out "La Sirena" and "Supermercados Nacional" in Santo Domingo, they often have a decent selection of organic products. When it comes to local options, it's important to make sure they can be trusted. You can try asking locals for recommendations or look for farmers' markets where you might find some organic goodies. For your everyday staples like eggs, milk, cheese, pasta, rice, beans, and veggies, these stores should have you covered. And if you're feeling adventurous, why not try some beet juice powder? It's a fun and nutritious addition to your diet. If you happen to discover any other stores or websites that offer organic products, please share them with us.
super Fresh...

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
super Fresh...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Does anyone actually trust that something for sale in the DR that is labelled organic is "organic"?