camero Vs. Mustang ecoboost

Status
Not open for further replies.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I think your best bet would be a 4 door Jeep Wrangler with a soft top. The benefits are you can keep the top down so it never starts to smell like cheap hookers, you can throw an air mattress in the back so you never have to take them home, it can climb a mountain when you need to get away quick, and other than electronics it can often be fixed with a rock and a roll of duct tape.
Also parts are available for decades after you buy one.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Nothing broadcasts male pheromones like a normally aspirated, big-cam and carbed V-8, pulsing low frequency sterophonic blasts from dual exhaust.

The smell of slightly unburned fuel alone has been known to make panties wet...

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Nothing broadcasts male pheromones like a normally aspirated, big-cam and carbed V-8, pulsing low frequency sterophonic blasts from dual exhaust.

The smell of slightly unburned fuel alone has been known to make panties wet...

Sounds like guys with a weak ego making noise.
I prefer smooth powerful and quiet.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Tastes vary.

I prefer muscle cars over, say, Porsches. IMO, there is no substitute for torque and displacement.

29683975_10215871330206998_7442890896642065690_n.jpg

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

Powerful and quiet are rarely found in the same sentence...

Elon Musk seems to do it - that's a fast car.

Half the fun of the 'Itallion Stallions' - be it the F or the M - is the noise given off

and yes, women know it, hear it

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Tastes vary.

I prefer muscle cars over, say, Porsches. IMO, there is no substitute for torque and displacement.

29683975_10215871330206998_7442890896642065690_n.jpg

After having a few of both, I'm back to north American muscle for the fun car. I have pretty much had it with German cars. Way to expensive to maintain. I might even upgrade the C5 this year to a C6 maybe even go to a Z06. Nothing wrong with 450+HP.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I believe Roger went for the Mustang. If you watch the House Hunters thread video at the 17 min mark I think that's him.
Sadly though, no chicas in sight.

:classic: mob

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015

Hola WW. My first muscle car was a 1967 Mustang Fastback 289 cu. in V-8 with 4 speed manual transmission. The chick magnet thing was a side benefit. I liked the car for what it was. A decent muscle car that cost me less than $4000 new. It’s abilities as a copulation car were limited. Prominent stick shifter you had the be aware of when things started to get frisky and very cramped small back seat. Anytime I was serious about hooking up, I would take my father’s Rambler with the fold down front bucket seats. Ugly cars but basically rolling cabanas. Range Rovers, new or used, seem to be the ultimate chick magnet in the DR. They arent reliable in the long term but they do create the perception of wealth. I’ve seen many a gorgeous woman scantily clad riding around in those on the North Coast.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
1969 Shelby Mustang Cobra GT500..... fastback
I didn't like the lines of the convertible
Youm know it's a hot car when spendy reproductions are being made.

Have you seen the '67 Mustang Eleanor GT500? Nostalgia meets high tech...

25976_d7788ab330_low_res.jpg

The toy I sold before coming to the DR, 535hp/535 torques, and my handle namesake:

fap0R6.jpg

RnqJ9k.jpg

U5Xho8.jpg

7PICwd.jpg

8Uc5Nh.jpg

The most brutal, visceral experience I ever had on four wheels, an overwhelming sense of fear where "How fast will it go" is replaced by "Can I keep it under control?" One prudently retains caution with the realization that despite 295mm wide tires an inopportune foot twitch could result in a directional reversal. One made sure the beast is pointing in the intended direction, because the 98db cocophany blast of barely muffled high-compression big block explosions a mere three feet from your eardrums overwhelm the thought processes and your brain struggles to sort out all the input while at the edge of control.

If it was two wheels it'd be a Ducati SuperSport 900: HST: Song of the Sausage Creature

All that said, I'm seriously getting the itch for another toy sled and am bouncing between the illogic of building an ERA 289FIA or importing a more rational early C3 Corvette. I do like the looks of the '73, and despite the power strangulation of the mid-70's EPA smashed 'Vettes, they still have plenty of grunt, especially in big block form, and real power is just a $5000 create motor away. I've owned a lot of toy cars, but never owned a 'Vette.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Youm know it's a hot car when spendy reproductions are being made.....

Here's a story about the Aurora Cobra, built in Ontario in the '80's:

The Aurora GRX: Canada's Cobra

Owner Erik Campbell-Smith was a great friend and client of mine.
After the Aurora he moved on to wooden boats, which is when I met him.

Interestingly, he was from Norway but never once mentioned how much better things were there.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Here's a story about the Aurora Cobra, built in Ontario in the '80's:

The Aurora GRX: Canada's Cobra

Owner Erik Campbell-Smith was a great friend and client of mine.
After the Aurora he moved on to wooden boats, which is when I met him.

Interestingly, he was from Norway but never once mentioned how much better things were there.

Neither Campbell or Smith is a Norwegian surname. There is a registery in Norway. I'm in it, and every Norwegian by law has to be in it if you live in Norway. There's no way to live in Norway and not be registered.

Campbell is not a Norwegian name. And neither is Smith. You can look them up on our Norwegian white pages for free. You might find some Smith's in there, but that's not a Norwegian surname. Now, his mother could be Norwegian, with a Norwegian Maiden name, and his father may have been Candaian, or English, or European...or his grandparents on his mother's side may have been Norwegian.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
In reference to the cars, i currrently have a 2.0 liter turbo 4-cylinder from Ford. I believe the Mustang comes with a 2.3 liter ecoboost. There are so many modifications you can do to that car its not even funny. You can get 450HP out of that car with some expensive modifications. You can find a plethora of information on the net about what modifications you can do, but right off the bat, you can get a bigger turbo, bigger intercoolers for the turbo, bigger fuel injectors, and some other stuff that i have read about. Modifications can cost a lot of money, though.

Becuase it has a Turbo, there is a lot of potential there for modifications. I know, I had a 1992 400HP Twin-Turbo 300ZX Nissan. I did a 13.2 quarter-mile at Pomona raceway on two seperate runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.