Can one live in the DR

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
johne said:
So the majority of trash is returned to the DR from NYC--of course. Look at the numbers. We have 8 million people here with about 800 000 Dominicans. So doesnt it make sense that NY would return to the DR the greatest number of dirt bags?
But this is what is wrong with your posting--you allude to NYC teaching this scum all their tricks (crime) and that we here in NYC should share in the responsibilty of your problem. The fact is that the percentage of Dominicans returned is so small that it could not be a contributing factor in the increase in your crime rate. Your increase is caused by internal factors-we wont go thru all of that right now as you now thats complex. But what is not complex is that there are a lot of hungry, disparate people in the DR right now and they resort to crime to feed their bellies and perhaps, I dont know, their habit.
So, concentrate on the problems in the DR and let us here in NYC continue to send back the trash that have NO rights here at all-having broken our laws and are returned when the law of immigration is broken.
BTW--we dont return Dominicans that are our citizens. You know that of course? Just checking.These dirt bags are not our citizens.

JOHN
John,

You do realize that while the DR has a total population of about 8 million, the ADULT AGE population only numbers in the 2 to 3 million range. The rest are kids under the age of 18 and oldies in their glories.

Now, add to that the hundreds of thousands of ADULT CRIMINALS who have been deported and voila, the increase in crime could possibly be attributed to them.

In a country with 1.4 million households, you will be able to tell if imported criminals are responsible for an increase in break ins, among other things.

And then the final questions are the following:

1. If these criminals were already criminals prior to leaving the DR, why has crime in the DR taken a twist to what was typical of NYC or any other big city in the US after the US passed the law in 1996 that made such deportation of criminals possible?

2. Why has American based gangs sprouted satelite gangs in countries such as DR or El Salvador, countries with extensive expatriate populations in the US? If those "criminals" went to the US with the intention of commiting a crime, shouldn't the appearance of gangs in the US resemble Latin American one's vs. the other way around?

3. Why do many of these criminals not feel at home in the DR?

Read here to understand #3: http://www.americas.org/item_25229

To deny that deportees are not contributing to the increase of a crime is equivalent to supporting such increase.

Some people say there is no proven link between the two, however how can there be a proven link when no one has bothered to make a study on this?!

-NALs

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
NALs said:
John,

You do realize that while the DR has a total population of about 8 million, the ADULT AGE population only numbers in the 2 to 3 million range. The rest are kids under the age of 18 and oldies in their glories.

Now, add to that the hundreds of thousands of ADULT CRIMINALS who have been deported and voila, the increase in crime could possibly be attributed to them.

In a country with 1.4 million households, you will be able to tell if imported criminals are responsible for an increase in break ins, among other things.

And then the final questions are the following:

1. If these criminals were already criminals prior to leaving the DR, why has crime in the DR taken a twist to what was typical of NYC or any other big city in the US after the US passed the law in 1996 that made such deportation of criminals possible?

2. Why has American based gangs sprouted satelite gangs in countries such as DR or El Salvador, countries with extensive expatriate populations in the US? If those "criminals" went to the US with the intention of commiting a crime, shouldn't the appearance of gangs in the US resemble Latin American one's vs. the other way around?

3. Why do many of these criminals not feel at home in the DR?

Read here to understand #3: http://www.americas.org/item_25229

To deny that deportees are not contributing to the increase of a crime is equivalent to supporting such increase.

Some people say there is no proven link between the two, however how can there be a proven link when no one has bothered to make a study on this?!

-NALs
My question is this: Why are these cretins allowed back onto the streets in the DR?

Seems to me they need to be put away in the DR for a while...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Criss Colon said:
Any "Oldtimers" from the USA remember "Professor Backwards"?? He was a comic who "Schtick" was to give loooooooooooong,seemingly intelligent "pseudo=lectures",which were actually just a bunch of "jibberish"!!! "WELL", heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!
Anyone care to guess who I'm talking about???
It is the poor who are the vistims of most crime! Where does most crime take place,"Beverly Hills", or "East LA"??? Only "crime" in Beverly Hills is what they pay for a "Tummy-Tuck"!!!Crime against the wealthy is Headline News.Crime against the "Poor" is ,"Page Two" at best,"Un-Reported" at worst!!!
Since most crimes are crimes of opportunity,and the "Poor" live work and play together it is obvious where most crimes take place.
There was a "Political Cartoon" in a local Dominican paper here last week.A "Dominican" was criticising an "Arab-Muslim" for his killing of "Infidels" who wanted to attack his religious beliefs,culture,and "Way-of-Life". And the "Arab" responded by saying;"And in your country you kill people for their cell-phone"!!!!
.......................................................................................................
Soooooooooooooo, if I just get about 8 million "Rich" foreigners to move to the "DR",my odds of being a crime victim here will be just about the same as a "goat herder" from Monti Cristi"?????????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rolleyes:
"Have I Got That RIGHT?????? "Professor"??????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Wishful thinking is a wonderful thing, no? I mean, wives all over the world wish their husbands to be faithful, for that reason they sometimes marry outsiders! What a let down! :tired: :cry:

To answer your question: No. A "goat herder" will only be attacked if there are no people wealthier than him in that vicinity at the time the criminal is searching for his victim.

The "goat herder" is something of last resort, the "rich" (more so the middle class than the actual rich) are the real target.

-NALs

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
cobraboy said:
My question is this: Why are these cretins allowed back onto the streets in the DR?

Seems to me they need to be put away in the DR for a while...
Even if the DR government was to impose an automatic jail sentence to deported criminals equivalent to the amount of time those criminals spent in their host nation jails, even if that was the case some neo-liberal will come to their rescue and blame the DR government for something. Perhaps, the DR government would be dragged to the OAS again under allegation of denying rights to the criminals.

There are people out there who do attempt to protect criminals, as sick as that may sound they are out there and they are noisy and attention grabbing.

DR government should simply declare the more hardcore criminal deportees (those being deported for murder, rape, etc) as treason and, as is the case with such allegations, death as punishment. The alternative would be for DR to refuse accepting hardcore criminal deportees, but I don't think that's allowed in some of the treaties the DR has signed, both willingly and forced.

One thing is clear, the hardcore criminals who have been deported to DR since 1996 would not be walking the streets of that country if they were to be charged for treason to the image of the country and its people in the exterior and, consequently given a death sentence. It may be cruel for the family members of those criminals, then again, they should have thought of their family members when they decided to commit their crimes.

-NALs

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
The deported criminals are NOT the main cause of the increase in crime. They just happen to be an easy scapegoat...I do concede that they are mostly the cause in the increase of certain types of crimes which were unknown in The DR a few years back (i.e. kidnappings).

Crisco has it right that the main cause of the rise in crime has to do with drugs. Fiffteen years or so ago drug consumption was very low in The DR. Not to say they didn't exist but they were (and still are to a certain extent) taboo and not prevalent.

For instance in my hometown I knew of only two people that were rumored to be users (marijuana). Nowdays things are much more different. I now hear of certain houses which are cosidered drug houses, I hear of certain corners which are "puntos", I hear of people (many younger people) who do hard drugs (crack, heroine, etc)...

Now consider how expensive these drugs are and also consider the average salary in The DR, plus the fact that these people normally don't have a steady job and as a result you have a sharp rise in break ins, muggings, etc...

I have to say it doesn't surprise me, though. It was bound to happen with so much drugs coming through The DR en route to The US and with so many Dominicans involved in the trade some of that drug was bound to stay in The DR for local consumption. A lot of these guys that got involved in the trade in The US also picked up the habit and brought it back with them to The DR and passed it along. Police complicity doesn't help either...

The moral of the story is that The DR is still a liveable country, but definitely NOT the country that it was 10 years ago, when you could feel pretty safe. Nowdays many precautions should be taken and even then it doesn't mean you won't be the victim of crime...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
suarezn said:
Crisco has it right that the main cause of the rise in crime has to do with drugs.
Who do you think has a better chance at trafficking drugs:

A Dominican born kid who only knows Spanish and the world around him

or

a deported criminal who knows English very well, has connection to drug dealers in the USA, and with a visit by one of the Colombian drug traffickers who are constantly plying the waters of the Caribbean and trafficking their "merchandise" through the region will simply complete this "trade".

One way or another, deported criminals are affecting the crime rates not just in the DR, but across the central american region. It's a little too coincidental that Central American and Caribbean countries started to see an upsurge in crime after the 1996 law that was passed in the US regarding deportations.

-NALs

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Lets Hear From Someone Who Actually Lives In The DR!

Not those who sit in a Connecticut slum watching trains go by!!
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Contra!

Oye NALs, te has sacado la loteria!!. Que "suerte" tienes hermano mio!.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
miguel said:
Oye NALs, te has sacado la loteria!!. Que "suerte" tienes hermano mio!.
?Es el fuc? de Col?n!

?S?lo un brujo puede deshacerse de esto!

-NALs :D :D :classic:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Criss Colon said:
Hijo de "La Gran Puta"!!!;)

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Fijate Miguel, la loteria tiene bonus!

Que pena que los mugrosos infelices tienen que sucumbarse a insultos para poder aumentar su ego.

-NALs

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
o iviendo Largo En Arroyo Hondo,Y Tu Como Un Perro En Bridgeport!!

Ahoro "Quien" es "Feliz"?????????????????????????????:bunny:
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Criss Colon said:
Ahoro "Quien" es "Feliz"?????????????????????????????:bunny:
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
Care to give the exact address?

This should be interesting!

Now, don't cheat by asking Robert!:squareeye

-NALs