Canada Relaxes Travel Restrictions

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Canada has quietly lowered travel rstrictions.
But the DR is not off the hook -

==============================================

1634902608112.png

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
How the hell is today any different from yesterday with this announcement?
We still face the same PCR test restriction/requirement to come home, or face a $5,000 fine if you refuse to do so.
Yet another hollow meaningless announcement from a hollow meaningless government.
Yes, I am frustrated.....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The article says the previously the gov't was advising NO TRAVEL..... for non-essential purposes

Now they are say non-essential travel is OK - BUT-.... beware!!

Seemingly a useless change of position

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
In Canada (right now) we have (age 12 or older)....
1st dose 89.0%
2nd dose 84.2%

where I live, it is usually 2% higher.
Everyone wears masks in ALL stores (or anywhere indoor).

I don't think asking Canadians to be double vaccinated to fly is too demanding a requirement.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
In Canada (right now) we have (age 12 or older)....
1st dose 89.0%
2nd dose 84.2%

where I live, it is usually 2% higher.
Everyone wears masks in ALL stores (or anywhere indoor).

I don't think asking Canadians to be double vaccinated to fly is too demanding a requirement.
Its still a choice to not get vaccinated in Canada. By choosing not to, you can't fly, take a train, attend indoor sporting events, attend any large gathering and the list goes on.

Today it was reported that most northern communities through out Canada have vaccination rates under 40%. I don't think its that big of an issue as its really not that many people. 75% of the Canadian population lives within 100 miles of the US boarder. I must be a northern sparse population thing. Montana, Idaho, and north Dakota are among the highest cases with the lowest vaccination rates.

Reactions: aarhus

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Its still a choice to not get vaccinated in Canada. By choosing not to, you can't fly, take a train, attend indoor sporting events, attend any large gathering and the list goes on.

Today it was reported that most northern communities through out Canada have vaccination rates under 40%. I don't think its that big of an issue as its really not that many people. 75% of the Canadian population lives within 100 miles of the US boarder. I must be a northern sparse population thing. Montana, Idaho, and north Dakota are among the highest cases with the lowest vaccination rates.
Might be more of a weather thing.