Canadian Killed in Juan Dolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I'm sure the university in NYC has produced its share of bad guys but I did mean Columbia the country. Specifically the Medellin Cartel and Pablo Escobar who founded it and ran it. 100% Columbian, just like the coffee.
It's probably certain most folks know who Pablo Escobar was. I feel that many may not have known, such as myself ,that he attended Columbia

Reactions: jd426

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
It's probably certain most folks know who Pablo Escobar was. I feel that many may not have known, such as myself ,that he attended Columbia
Sorry to burst your bubble on this be he never attended Columbia University. Below is a brief statement from Wikipedia regarding his education:

Born in Rionegro and raised in Medellín, Escobar studied briefly at Universidad Autónoma Latinoamericana of Medellín, but left without graduating; he instead began engaging in criminal activity, selling illegal cigarettes and fake lottery tickets, as well as participating in motor vehicle theft. In the early 1970s, he began to work for various drug smugglers, often kidnapping and holding people for ransom.

• Haha

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Sorry to burst your bubble on this be he never attended Columbia University. Below is a brief statement from Wikipedia regarding his education:

Born in Rionegro and raised in Medellín, Escobar studied briefly at Universidad Autónoma Latinoamericana of Medellín, but left without graduating; he instead began engaging in criminal activity, selling illegal cigarettes and fake lottery tickets, as well as participating in motor vehicle theft. In the early 1970s, he began to work for various drug smugglers, often kidnapping and holding people for ransom.
I can't go on. Somewhere I tried to point out that the country is spelled Colombia not Columbia and I apparently fell trap to this horrific roundabout. I guess this is why I'm not a comedian 😩

Reactions: Ase

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I can't go on. Somewhere I tried to point out that the country is spelled Colombia not Columbia and I apparently fell trap to this horrific roundabout. I guess this is why I'm not a comedian 😩
It was certainly lost on me:ROFLMAO:
That would explain why I never won a spelling bee

• Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.