Canadian Killed in Juan Dolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
It is also comforting to know he was not just some REGULAR RANDOM CANADIAN who got gunned down in the streets
that would be very Ugly for Tourism
Whew! I feel a whole lot better now! Hey, what about regular random Italians are they good to go as well?

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012

hijo...History of the mafia families goes back a long, long way in Montreal. Nobody who knows anything about Montreal would be at all surprised about their presence.
chicobill...When you say that in the Caribbean they don't fool around, they do things out in the open, are you insinuating that that wouldn't happen in Montreal?
lol.
Mafia associates and their wannabes get whacked on a pretty regular basis here and more often than not it is out in the open.
The spectacle is the point.
Bragging rights/brownie points and all that stuff.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
good riddance! Reminds me of all those dirty bearded Hells Angles that used to pollute the North Coast. They were mostly from Quebec.
I was surprised by your comment. I have known several MC members from various clubs throughout North America and the DR. The majority of the ones I know are good people. Without a doubt a lot of them are involved in some type of criminal activity but at least they do it with minimal violence and collateral damage.

Guys with beards that ride Harleys or that are from Quebec are not the problem. Your violent Hatians, Mexican and Columbian cartel members, and all makes of mafia guys are a way bigger problem. Not to mention all the ethnic gangs and warlords. A few years ago a ex HA guy started a small MC in Bavaro. They where sanctioned by the HA and pretty much stuck to themselves and didn't participate in violence. All of them where good guys that just wanted a club atmosphere. They didn't and don't deserve to be judged or shot because they wear a patch.

As I said I was surprised by your good riddance comment. Based on your previous posts and comments I thought you where a much more tolerant educated man.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I was surprised by your comment. I have known several MC members from various clubs throughout North America and the DR. The majority of the ones I know are good people. Without a doubt a lot of them are involved in some type of criminal activity but at least they do it with minimal violence and collateral damage.

Guys with beards that ride Harleys or that are from Quebec are not the problem. Your violent Hatians, Mexican and Columbian cartel members, and all makes of mafia guys are a way bigger problem. Not to mention all the ethnic gangs and warlords. A few years ago a ex HA guy started a small MC in Bavaro. They where sanctioned by the HA and pretty much stuck to themselves and didn't participate in violence. All of them where good guys that just wanted a club atmosphere. They didn't and don't deserve to be judged or shot because they wear a patch.

As I said I was surprised by your good riddance comment. Based on your previous posts and comments I thought you where a much more tolerant educated man.
I am educated and tolerant, my exceptions are anyone involved in criminal operations that affect innocent people. It takes zero talent or skill to be a member of the mob, whether it is the Canadian Mob,NYC Mob or the Hells Angels. They are mouth breathers that cannot find success except with violence.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The Hells Angels often work for, or are connected with, the mafia. The Montreal chapter has a reputation of being the most violent and extreme of all the Hells Angels chapters.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
A few years ago , they had a joint raid..... Montreal and Sos/Cab in the early morning..... locked up a bunch of them
Was drug related if I recall

Nice cooperation between DR & Canada

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic

When did Columbia add an organized crime component to the curriculum?

• Love
Reactions: jd426

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic

hijo...History of the mafia families goes back a long, long way in Montreal. Nobody who knows anything about Montreal would be at all surprised about their presence.
chicobill...When you say that in the Caribbean they don't fool around, they do things out in the open, are you insinuating that that wouldn't happen in Montreal?
lol.
Mafia associates and their wannabes get whacked on a pretty regular basis here and more often than not it is out in the open.
The spectacle is the point.
Bragging rights/brownie points and all that stuff.
I know nothing about Canada or it's mafia. Somehow I feel I have limited my scope and potential in this life

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
A few years ago , they had a joint raid..... Montreal and Sos/Cab in the early morning..... locked up a bunch of them
Was drug related if I recall

Nice cooperation between DR & Canada
That was the Montreal chapter of the HA's and their headquarters was here on the east side of Cabarete close to where I live. I never saw so many police, including Canadians. Many were wanted on charges of murder, extortion, racketeering, drugs, and other charges.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I know nothing about Canada or it's mafia. Somehow I feel I have limited my scope and potential in this life
Here you go Hijo.
A little something to help you broaden your perspective.
The guy that got whacked in Juan Dolio surely couldn't have felt safe just because he was in sunny D.R.
When these guys are coming for you, there is no hiding out.
There are no safe places.
They're gonna get you.
One way or another, one place or another.

Reactions: cavok

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Here you go Hijo.
A little something to help you broaden your perspective.
The guy that got whacked in Juan Dolio surely couldn't have felt safe just because he was in sunny D.R.
When these guys are coming for you, there is no hiding out.
There are no safe places.
They're gonna get you.
One way or another, one place or another.

I was being facetious Fly. What I meant to say was I'd rather have my eyes stabbed out with hot pokers.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
When did Columbia add an organized crime component to the curriculum?
Ever hear of Pablo Escobar. In my post I said Mexican and Columbian cartels. I would say Senor Escobar was part of a organized crime empire. I would go so far as to say he ran it.
Never let facts get in your way.

• Haha
Reactions: jd426

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
That was the Montreal chapter of the HA's and their headquarters was here on the east side of Cabarete close to where I live. I never saw so many police, including Canadians. Many were wanted on charges of murder, extortion, racketeering, drugs, and other charges.
That was operation shark in 2009. All of them are now out after serving their time. Many came back and have a chapter near Boca Chica.

• Wow
Reactions: jd426 and cavok

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Reading all of this about the Mafia brings back memories of Boca Chica Beach back in the early 80's.

There was a beach bar/restaurant a couple of doors down from Ronnies that was said to be a Italian mafia hangout.

Any time we would go by there, there would be one or two elderly gentlemen with super hot girls in bikinis, and they would be surrounded by 7 or 8 bodyguards.

Anything the old guys wanted, they'd mention it to a bodyguard who would run off and get it for them.

Good times.

Reactions: jd426 and melphis

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Ever hear of Pablo Escobar. In my post I said Mexican and Columbian cartels. I would say Senor Escobar was part of a organized crime empire. I would go so far as to say he ran it.
Never let facts get in your way.
Thanks lol. Here, I thought you may have meant Colombia and not the university in NYC

Reactions: melphis

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Thanks lol. Here, I thought you may have meant Colombia and not the university in NYC
I'm sure the university in NYC has produced its share of bad guys but I did mean Columbia the country. Specifically the Medellin Cartel and Pablo Escobar who founded it and ran it. 100% Columbian, just like the coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.