Canadian or Expat meetings

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I would be interested. Colonial Zone would work. There is also a small restaurant/bar, Belgrado, on Sarasota Av in the Bella Vista neighborhood that has a happy hour on Fridays, and also serves Duvel, and some other choice beers....

What time i happy hour on fridays?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Update

Happy hour is from 6pm to 8pm...

Well it looks like 6 is a great time to start.

Hope to see you all there. Obviously this is a casual get together so open for all, but the one original criterion was english speakers but feel free to bring any guests.

I personally have yet to frequent Belgrado, If anyone who has feels there would be a need to reserve or go earlier?

Confirm if your coming so we have an idea how many.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
ummm, its not far from my place either. I don't possess a canadian passport but I do claim to have many canadian friends. Can I come?
AZB

richmex

Apr 9, 2008
Being the week of the 18th of July, does anyone have plans to meet up, it would be nice to get together

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i will drag robert along. so lets meet up. Juanita, are you on?
AZB

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
Sorry.....Can't make it this time (something has come up), but would love to make it in the future, it sounds like you will have a nice crowd, hopefully this can be the start of something big (and regular).

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
I did some recon (I'm like that!) and checked out Belgrados the other night. The Owner Stefan (Belgian) and his girlfriend (Serbian) run a nice little place. It'll be perfect for our pruporses. No loud music. Large tables.

He runs the bar (Belgian beers)...., she runs the kitchen (Serbian, some items ARE specialty items) i.e. You can not order the traditional pig knuckle that takes 4 hours and expect it to come in 30 minutes.

They recommend we order the German Sausage platter which offers 4 different types of sausage + side dishes. Good for sharing. I forget the price (I know, important detail!!! I assure you the price was fair though.)

See you there, tomorrow night.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I hope they serve non-pig meat. Sick of seeing so much sin meat all around me. lets be a little bit more imaginative and lets try to serve something which is not made up of pork product.
Thanks.
AZB