Cangrejos Bridge Has New Damage

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
My spanish isn't the greatest,does it say that it will take 7 months to build a new one? 7 months?
Mine isn't perfect, either, but I read it that the bridge will be closed for a week: "Extraoficialmente, ha trascendido que, en la primera semana de enero, el viejo puente erigido en la década del 1930 que une a los municipios de Villa Montellano y Sosúa, va a ser cerrado totalmente ya que se procederá al desmantelamiento de este."

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Planning ? Have a look at the new 911 / Fire hall being built in Sosua. There is a concrete light pole directly in front of one of the truck bays. And now curbs installed where the trucks would enter.
I saw that, and not just normal curbs but foot high curbs.
It makes no sense what stupidity is going into the work. And they are dumping dirt 9actually boulders where the sidewalks would go.
Now no one can walk along the road, they must walk in the road. Sosua should be liable for anyone hit by traffic.

Checkout the car that is across from the junker before you reach the fire house, They did not bother to move it, just poured the curb and left it trapped there for everyone to see for decades

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
:ROFLMAO: Haha, you wish! I stick firm to my belief that it will be finished around July/August 2024 just before the election so that the candidates (both the local and national) can brag about how they fixed a mayor issue on the north coast...
Could be - but that maybe optimistic too. One thing certain - it will not be open to traffic in April

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Mine isn't perfect, either, but I read it that the bridge will be closed for a week: "Extraoficialmente, ha trascendido que, en la primera semana de enero, el viejo puente erigido en la década del 1930 que une a los municipios de Villa Montellano y Sosúa, va a ser cerrado totalmente ya que se procederá al desmantelamiento de este."
No, it says "en la primera semana de enero" which means "The first week of January". So according to this, it means that they will start the first week of January, which would be right after new years.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Planning ? Have a look at the new 911 / Fire hall being built in Sosua. There is a concrete light pole directly in front of one of the truck bays. And now curbs installed where the trucks would enter.
Speaking of dumb "not planned" works, does anyone remember when the Mayor of Sosúa got in power and one of his first things he did was to make some renovations at the street leading down to Sosúa Beach. They made the curbs and when it started to rain they realized that they had not done any drainage so that entire stretch of road became flooded and they had to redo it.

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

The light pole has to be moved by the electric company and the curbs have to be done by MOPC or the municipality.

The contractor building the fire hall has nothing to do with either one.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
From the article, it says 7 months to build:

El diseño presentado el 13 de septiembre durante un acto en la Gobernación de Puerto Plata, establece que en siete meses será construido el nuevo puente con vigas de acero y hormigón postensado, con 91.48 metros de longitud y 12.90 de ancho, tendrá un carril en ambas direcciones y paseos.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
The light pole has to be moved by the electric company and the curbs have to be done by MOPC or the municipality.

The contractor building the fire hall has nothing to do with either one.
Totally agree. Good luck to them being moved and re-worked sometime in the next century.:ROFLMAO:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
According to El Caribe, the demolishment of the Cangrejos bridge will start next week. Once eliminated a new bridge will be built in its place.

Reactions: cavok

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
For the information of anyone who wants to use the bridge: Despite the threat that they were going to start the replacement work the first week in January, it was still as usual with no work going on yesterday.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
For the information of anyone who wants to use the bridge: Despite the threat that they were going to start the replacement work the first week in January, it was still as usual with no work going on yesterday.
Well don't hold your breath but the first week isn't over until Sunday

• Wow
Reactions: bachata

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I went through last week and there were surveyors working at one end of the bridge. Thats a start of something.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
You won't see me around there until construction is over.
Hopefully Will be done by April!

JJ

Reactions: chico bill

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Its closed
1673022667443.png

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Somebody please tell me they've put up roadblocks to avoid persons driving all the way to the bridge just to find out it's closed.

• Haha

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Aparently it's still open. It seems they closed it just temporarily for a short period today. But then from tomorrow 11 AM it's going to be closed.