CAUTION- Robbery near Kite Beach, CABARETE

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
So do I...............and that makes us.......how old......
When it was released in 1969 I already had a son......
And, working on my second wife........lol
Who would have dreamed I would retire here...

B in Santiago

In 1969, I couldn't have found DR on a map.

Not sure I even realized it's where Ciudad Trujillo was - lots of news there in junior high because of the revolution.

Summer of '69, same week that Woodstock changed the world, I was 18 and on my first vacation without my parents - in San Juan, Puerto Rico with 3 girlfriends. Seems like another life ago.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
It would be unusual to miss what you never knew so probably best not to get the hankies out.

'We', who are 'we', oh, you speak of me to your loved ones? thanks!

And odd you never mentioned my nah nah nah nah up until now, what's had your tongue? Or is that obvious, hope the hangover is not too bad!
Speak up in future next time you see my nah nah nah, like I've said to someone else, it's in your imagination, I only say what happens, I don't control it.
I tell you what, speak up when I speak untruths please, just keep an eye and do that. I don't live behind rose tinted anything, and by far I don't slag the country, I mention what IS true. If I didn't I would get slammed down on here, and I don't so....................

You don't need a bandwagon, if you see BS then call it.

Love,
Dog X

We = the Dominican population that you are afraid of. Did you live in a barrio? DR is nothing like you describe kid.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
Actually, it's na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye............By Bananarama....
At least get the lyrics right............lol

B in Santiago

lol Its like a basketball game and giveadogahome just got ejected and this song started playing in the background... jajaja

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
In 1969, I couldn't have found DR on a map.

Not sure I even realized it's where Ciudad Trujillo was - lots of news there in junior high because of the revolution.

Summer of '69, same week that Woodstock changed the world, I was 18 and on my first vacation without my parents - in San Juan, Puerto Rico with 3 girlfriends. Seems like another life ago.

I was 22 and barely survived the 68 Chicago Democratic convention..........
Life was soooooo different then...........
But I wouldn't change a thing..........just my current age........lol

B in Santiago

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
I was 22 and barely survived the 68 Chicago Democratic convention..........
Life was soooooo different then...........
But I wouldn't change a thing..........just my current age........lol

B in Santiago

Chicago north sider or south sider?

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
North sider......
West Rodgers Park on Lunt av, East Rodgers Park on Greenleaf av., one block from Lake Michigan, Evanston and Skokie..........But I loved Home Run Inn Pizzas on the south side.....
My parents were Jewish Gypsy's, we moved around a lot...........
Went to Mather High School on Lincoln Ave.....
Went to college (later in life) in Phoenix Arizona..........childhood development and cooking, go figure...
Oh, and I owned a brand new 1965 BLACK Pontiac GTO convertible with 3 deuces and a 4-speed
with a 4.33 rear end and an Isky cam.......what memories.....
I'm getting carried away here.......lol

B in Santiago

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I was still in pre-school. It's one of my early pop memories along with Little Arrows, which was played to death in Gibraltar as it was written by a local lad, KC and the Sunshine band "That's the Way" and the chirpy chirpy cheep cheep song.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
North sider......
West Rodgers Park on Lunt av, East Rodgers Park on Greenleaf av., one block from Lake Michigan, Evanston and Skokie..........But I loved Home Run Inn Pizzas on the south side.....
Went to college (later in life) in Phoenix Arizona..........childhood development and cooking, go figure...
Oh, and I owned a brand new 1965 BLACK Pontiac GTO convertible with 3 deuces and a 4-speed

B in Santiago

I had a "66 GTO ragtop.............. white w/ red interior.

Oh, btw, Carroll Shelby died this week

I had the 69 GT500.......... white w/ red fastback.......... very fast back
21 ys old

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I was still in pre-school. It's one of my early pop memories along with Little Arrows, which was played to death in Gibraltar as it was written by a local lad, KC and the Sunshine band "That's the Way" and the chirpy chirpy cheep cheep song.

Just off the top of my head..................
That's the way uh huh uh huh, I like it..........uh huh uh huh.....
Some things are just unforgettable............

B in Santiago

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
We = the Dominican population that you are afraid of. Did you live in a barrio? DR is nothing like you describe kid.

Now lets put this into context shall we. The thread is about a guy being mugged on the beach, and I posted this, which makes me hate the country. Tell me exactly what you disagree with, where I have wronged the country!
Well, there are a few threads on the go right now that contradict how life was years ago. It used to be said that in general people had to act like idiots or get involved in something seedy to end up on the wrong end of a bad situation. Basically, people asked for what they got.
It seems more and more that this is less and less the reason these days. The probability of being in the wrong place at the wrong time is getting higher every year.

Or maybe I'm just getting old and easily concerned. Although I must say I have rarely felt threatened in any situation, but have had to get myself out of situations before by reacting first. I think I am getting old.
chinese.gif

I'm more relaxed in my little country village, in the rain where thieves don't even come out it is that cold and wet!
cheeky.gif

NOW!
Give it a rest, things were picking up, do we really need to go down this road because you can't handle your mouth when you handle your drink?

YAWN!! Looks like it:tired:

We have known home as Barrio Capital, Campo Central and beach front EastCoast, so a nice variety to experience all aspects and experience all communities. So you have no idea where I've lived, why speculate on things you have no knowledge of and make yourself look like more of an a$$. I've lived across the board in class and community so...........................next!

If you are going to call me out please back it up with something, empty BS claims mean nothing, only that you are full of BS.
Have a search through my posts and link me up to where I have bad mouthed the country unjustly. And don't take posts out of context, hand over the full thread links. Now, please back it up, or shut up. I'll hold my hands up if I've been unjust, no problem no one is perfect or jolly all the days, but I'd like to see them which should not be an issue if they are so regular from me.

If you can't then I suggest you wind your neck in, you are being unjust, and not only that but holding yourself as a spokesman for the Dominican Population, which is rather arrogant. You seem like far more of a dick than most Dominicans I know so you are far from average which means your view means little, imo. Well, not just my opinion, in actual fact, you don't even know me, lol, very funny playground mentality.

And I am not afraid of the Dominican population, I love the Dominican population I would not have lived in the country as long as I have if I was afraid of anyone (more BS, I'm seeing a pattern emerging here) I am afraid of the dangerous crazy people of the world, it isn't just a Dominican thing so get over yourself, not warranted, make sense, kid?(I thank you, I am clinging to my youth by a straw, it might have been a compliment if you'd known me, lol, YAWN!

Really? Am I the biggest sour puss on the site? I doubt that very much, I think you know that, but it is amazing the things you post when drunk, isn't it:cheeky:

Love,
Dog.

I suggest we don't hijack this thread, if you can restrain yourself after that afternoon saturday session, lets see shall we:cheeky:

Last edited:

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I had a "66 GTO ragtop.............. white w/ red interior.

Oh, btw, Carroll Shelby died this week

I had the 69 GT500.......... white w/ red fastback.......... very fast back
21 ys old

Sweeeeeeeeet ride...........always wanted one.......
Also loved the Pontiac Catalina 2+2 421 with stick.........
Carroll Shelby was a design genius, way ahead of his time.........
Sorry to hear he passed......

I think this thread has been hijacked.............
Wasn't he recently doing another Shelby mustang....

B in Santiago

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Sweeeeeeeeet ride...........always wanted one.......
Also loved the Pontiac Catalina 2+2 421 with stick.........
Carroll Shelby was a design genius, way ahead of his time.........
Sorry to hear he passed......

I think this thread has been hijacked.............
Wasn't he recently doing another Shelby mustang....

B in Santiago

Even with the automatic, it would chirp changing gears at 71mph

Here.......
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/12/s...ra-sports-car-dies-at-89.html?ref=todayspaper

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
North sider......

B in Santiago

Yes that pizza is great! That car is not good in the snow:laugh:

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Wow- last time I saw this thread there were about 5 or so replies and a few views. I like the fact that you can read a title, click on it, and be treated to a wide array of entertainment, not necessarily always stated topic. Loved the history of the DR by Frank. Very interesting.

But just remember: never walk past OP2!!!!

latitude19

May 29, 2011
I'm just trying to help. Big, relatively young guys like me who know better than to carry valuables are fine I'd guess. Females walking alone are definitely NOT. The beach from OP 2 to Cabarete is safe, but from OP 2 towards Sousa there has occurred mentioned incident plus a rape a while back, and once in a while you're treated to public sex and nude perverted old guys as well. Living here in DR is all about making informed choices. Just trying to help with that.

Myself, I kayak and surf in 10 foot waves, which in all likelihood is more dangerous for me than walking the beach, however if I'm injured or die, it's just between mother nature and me, not some delinquent with a machete. Yes, I do walk and run that part of the beach sometimes, but I have a dog with me and I'm careful.

if I never went where people had got themselves into trouble I wouldnt be leaving the house

potatohead

May 10, 2012
Help me understand this thing.........ipso facto nothing crime wise has transpired on this stretch of Cabarete beach since 02?