CAUTION- Robbery near Kite Beach, CABARETE

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
1967 Corvette convertible with 427- L88 motor, M22 4 speed. Aluminum heads, 4.11 rear axle, blow proof bell housing,
silver/black interior. Drag raced on the street, never beaten. That was before todays outrageous motorcycles were available. Lucky I was not killed in that car.
Strong arm thieves look for people who appear unable to resist effectively. If you fit their profile its dangerous to be anywhere alone, never mind a vacant beach in the DR. They were lucky not to be killed to prevent them being able to id the perps. If you look like a victim, buy a small gun, get trained, practice until proficient and you will not be prey for these scum.

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Sorry- I am referring to Ocean Point 2 condo complex in Cabarete. From there towards Cabarete is much, much safer than from OP 2 to Sosua.

I highly doubt that the stretch of beach from OP 2 to Cabarete has been crime free since 02. That would be next to impossible here in the DR, but I think it is quite safe, but have only seen a handful of people walking at night, so that tells you something.

Help me understand this thing.........ipso facto nothing crime wise has transpired on this stretch of Cabarete beach since 02?

MsJMarte

May 18, 2012
I love you too Frank and I'm going to say what my 4 year old says "I love the way you think"

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
But just remember: never walk past OP2!!!!

THANK YOU for posting this. We live on Kite Beach and had no idea it made a difference so have walked that direction many times. So now we know. Just as easy to walk the other way!

Some people keep crimes/violence like this a secret and I do not agree w that nor understand it. I am troubled that by not going public, others are unnecessarily doing risky things without even knowing. This really bothers me.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I remember when I lived at Velero Beach on the other end and walked back from my favorite restaurant, Restaurante Vento, quite often. That stretch of beach at night was dicey, no doubt about it. I had to fend off the odd hooker and/or their boyfriends many a time.

Basically, I believe if you walk where there are less people and light you are taking a risk. This is the same in Cabarete as well as Philadelphia, PA!

Jan 17, 2009
There are parts of Cabarete beach that are very dark with abandoned buildings which can be really dangerous at night. Not long ago, an American tourist got stabbed at night returning to Viva, right before Ocean One, in front of the old Azurro.

This thread is about a crime committed during daytime which is an eye opener. At dusk, just don't walk on the dark parts of the beach. FYI the part from Velero to the center of town has some dark spots too, especially in front of Grand Cabana, but no crime reported in the beach area in the past four or five years that I'm aware of.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
This thread is about a crime committed during daytime which is an eye opener.

Exactly. Walking around in the dark is something I was well aware was risky in any country!

FYI the part from Velero to the center of town has some dark spots too, especially in front of Grand Cabana, but no crime reported in the beach area in the past four or five years that I'm aware of.

This is what I was saying......IMO communicating these things is our responsibility to each other.....no police blotter in the paper each day......all we have is each other.