Census 2010: Were you counted?

For those who live in DR, was your home visited/were you counted?

• Yes

Votes: 36 66.7%
  • Yes, but I refused.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • No, but I know someone that was visited/counted.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • No, nada, zippo.

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
A good census helps efficient government planning. (OK don't laugh!)

They are important.

You only do stuff if it benefits you directly?

Hmmmmm.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
selfish pricks are the first ones who complain when the Gubmint did not plan properly on something They Needed or Wanted.
weird Spezies.

I got visited by the census Gal 11AM sitting on my 2nd morning coffee,
she was a sympatic Cutie, liked my coffee and we had a nice chat.
and the sticker is still visible aside the Door.

Happy Hollies

Mike

Reactions: Eddy

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I gave it a no. Even if the whole group stood in front of the store for 2 days waiting for the Gov. to deposit their pay at the BR. Finally gave up, I guess the Gov. didn't pay them. Too bad. (University kids. I'm sure they could have used the $$).

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
selfish pricks are the first ones who complain when the Gubmint did not plan properly on something They Needed or Wanted.
weird Spezies.

I would never dream of relying on the Dominican government for anything. I lay low, keep my head down, and generally just stay out of everyone's radar. Just waiting till I can reach escape velocity and get out of this place.

Nikki Simon

Nov 10, 2002
I had two nice census people visit for about 10 minutes. It was easy and quite entertaining really! I was asked if I was mental (no comments, please!), mute (after already answering several questions), if I could move my arms and legs (after getting up to answer the door to them) and if I shared my toilet with strangers!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Patiently waiting until my partner and I can return to the U.S. Unlike many of the ex-pats here I'm not disillusioned with the U.S. and desire to live there.

each Country has it's Pro's and Con's,
and Each can find the best suitable Destin by the Own Tatse.
I spent Myself more than 6 Years in the USA, IMHO nothing desillusional about that Country, there are some Spots which count to my All Time Favorites up there.
good Luck

Mike

Reactions: Tamborista

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Nice College Girl came to my house.

The whole family participated in the questions.MUCH more "private" questions than in the USA.
The girl would not take a "Jugo" to drink,said that they were not supposed to use anyone's bathroom.
I asked her if she had been paid for her work up until that day. She said that they had not been paid yet. I told her not to worry about getting paid,SHE WOULDN'T BE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Census taker came by about 3 or 4 times... she was insistent but I politely refused to answer any questions. She finally gave up.

You just placed yourself on the suspects list for the Police...

Any seemingly individual that "refuses" to be counted and the simple questions collected, will have their homes checked in a list of "suspected" individuals.
This list of non-cooperative homes is forwarded to the "I won't disclose" department and the person(s) living in that address will be investigated for criminal activity. After all the only people that don't want to provide information voluntarily, are most commonly wanted criminals or involved in something illegal.

Congratulations! You just self-volunteered to the "VIP" list *as well as all individuals within that household!:cheeky:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

Any seemingly individual that "refuses" to be counted and the simple questions collected, will have their homes checked in a list of "suspected" individuals.
This list of non-cooperative homes is forwarded to the "I won't disclose" department and the person(s) living in that address will be investigated for criminal activity. After all the only people that don't want to provide information voluntarily, are most commonly wanted criminals or involved in something illegal.

Congratulations! You just self-volunteered to the "VIP" list *as well as all individuals within that household!:cheeky:

the first copy of the list always goes to Immigrations,
a very High Pecentage of "Refusing" Individuals is undocumented/Illegal residing "Expats.
and good so.
clean it up.

Mike

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008

I can imagine the girl telling her supervisor that she encountered a crazy "Gringo" that didn't want to be censored, and the "Gringo" looks like a drug dealer to spice thing up a little bit. :paranoid:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I can imagine the girl telling her supervisor that she encountered a crazy "Gringo" that didn't want to be censored, and the "Gringo" looks like a drug dealer to spice thing up a little bit. :paranoid:

specially the Ones with a Jeep parked there but no Tax Report about any Income found at DGII, he he.

When we got to our house here, we found a sticker on the wall next to our gate saying that we had completed the census. ???:ermm::ermm:

Guess they talked to the lemon trees.

AE

Hey,
Lemon Trees always look Unsuspicious.

Mike