Chartered jet retained at PUJ after suspected shipment found on board

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
If it's a US company, they should file a lawsuit in the US and obtain the tapes in discovery.
US company does not mean US employees.
Just look to the actual employees for your source of the drugs.
Like security guards in DR most are just tigres with a cheap uniform and escopeta.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The last paragraph of the article...... what rubbish is this comment/opinion!!

Edmondson believes the Dominican government is trying to send a message. “What they want to do is have this crew incarcerated with a clear message to all airline pilots across the world to fly into the Dominican. Don’t look in your airplane and if you find something, don’t report it, continue on and carry our goods to your country.”

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Extremely sad that they have video evidence crew did nothing ..yet ,still prosecutors charge forward… like article said it’s like a message to flight crews don’t report it let it go , mind your own business:(

Reactions: cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Extremely sad that they have video evidence crew did nothing ..yet ,still prosecutors charge forward… like article said it’s like a message to flight crews don’t report it let it go , mind your own business:(
Yep, they'd have been much better off if they hadn't reported it. The drugs might have been discovered on entry into Canada and they might have been arrested there, but at least they would have been in Canada.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Think the answer would have been to report it to the Canadian authorities while enroute to Canada.
They should have flown out of DR straight to Puerto Rico, called the DEA there and told them about the drugs. Then off to Canada
That should be the protocol for any pilot or his friends reading this thread.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Why would Canadians, with a direct flight plan to Canada, involve the US, the DEA, or have anything to do with any US entity? All that would have done is unduly complicate matters even more and give away any power that they had.

Unfortunately, they did what they mistakenly thought was the right thing by involving Dominican authorities and submitting themselves to the unfamiliar and in this case probably unfair treatment that they are now suffering. Clearly, Slowmo is correct.

This whole thing is a sad indictment of the Dominican Republic and its handling of the situation.

Think the answer would have been to report it to the Canadian authorities while enroute to Canada.
They should have flown out of DR straight to Puerto Rico, called the DEA there and told them about the drugs. Then off to Canada
That should be the protocol for any pilot or his friends reading this thread.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
My radical point of view is that this is simply part of the war of the Global North against the Global South - If cocaine, opium/heroin were legalized - the color of the skin of the folks sitting around the table at the World Bank might change overnight.., Afghanis, Bolovians, Mexicans.....(When I first came to the DR - and folks questioned me about "health care" - I said - well - If I can get morphine, cocaine and pot - do I really NEED Medicare).

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas