chinese take away sosua

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the quest goes on - the mexican closed just when I got a taste for it,indian is a little pricey for a regular visit, not keen on Italian ...what else is there has anyone tried the peruvian place near janets in cabarete

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
the quest goes on - the mexican closed just when I got a taste for it,indian is a little pricey for a regular visit, not keen on Italian ...what else is there has anyone tried the peruvian place near janets in cabarete

I would suggest if you like seafood:

Chupe de camaron o de mariscos
Ceviche de marisco o pescado

and a cold Presidente;)

Reactions: mike l

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Tamborista,
no needs to DNA, cause food is more or less normal street food some tiny, tiny touch of chinese. I lost my intrest while asking if they had spring-rolls, Springrolls??????
I tried rollos primavera ?????? I tried to explain how they look like, same result ?????
So that is all about so called chinese!

so no Koi with black beans neither?
what about the local typical seafood menue:
local Koi(barracuda) and Moro?

I would suggest if you like seafood:

Chupe de camaron o de mariscos
Ceviche de marisco o pescado

and a cold Presidente;)

always those fancy and complicated namings.
here on the east i just walk the beach, spend 200 pesos on a whole Chillo which of course get's cleaned for that prize,
and then YES, let 'em come,
those sweet cold lil greenies named Presidente, ha ha
that's a regular weekend afternoon at home,
no fancy chinese Koi cookies needed, ha ha ha
Cheers
Mike

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
I lost my intrest while asking if they had spring-rolls, Springrolls??????
I tried rollos primavera ??????!

Rollos primavera..........brilliant ~ just brilliant :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:.

IMHO
Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I think anita went to the wrong place - this is not a handcart -its in the plaza where the sosua pool place is it has a big illuminated sign in chinese yellow and red and they would certainly know what a spring roll is

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
and they would certainly know what a spring roll is
I'm not so sure.

Tried it tonight. The spring rolls had a texture of rubber bands. Maybe that's why they're called "spring rolls"

I said to the Chinaman who sold them, " Hey you, these spring rolls are rubbery!"

He said, "Ah, you know my name! Why fank you veli much. I made them myself!"

Can't recommend the sweet and sour pork. Too much vinegar. However the camarones chow fan is very good.

My favourite chinese is at the international plaza in Santiago. If I used that as a benchmark, I would call Sosua take away as just below par but a lot pricier than expected.

Mar 2, 2008
Sosua Soy Savoy Saipan Singapore Sling Shot Super Super Singles Swap.

Wrong long wong Koi-bonded hell in a handcart.

Yellow luminescence piazza pool place, big rolled spring, sprung cold bean sprouts, avec frio green grande presidio free-for-all.

Stay in the shade or Rolaids to go, primo??

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I ate there today and yes it is located on the main road just after the red light after the texaco station on your left where the Eden norte sign is.

I like the texture of the spring roll but it was lacking in flavor whith just cabbage, carrots and a sliver of chicken. They serve soy as opposed to duck or plum sauce.

The chicken dish I had was also bland with nothing more than soy sauce and maybe some chicken stock thickened with corn starch.

The fried rice was also bland and they served cold french fries with it.

If they want to remain in business they need to look at the recipes for chineese food as most of the ingredients are only a block away.

I thought I had wasted my money on buying a meat grinder for pork and chopped shrimp because as soon as my scallions are mature I am making my own Chineese food

I hear the Fried Chicken is good though.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hey Mike,
so that doesn't sound like the new #1 place in town.
and just to do a good fried chicken the Isle does not need the Chineses, ha ha.
David,
did you write in chinese up there??
ha ha
happy weekend,
darn, after a few hours lasting turn towards the eastern direction our wind is again up from the north east, fu.. strong and we will get a bunch of rain today.
i don't like springrolls,
but the Fisherman wanna get that calm Springtime weather.
Mike

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Is it Sylvania you are talking about? Contact info? I had some delivered food with friends the other night and it was acceptable. Not Chinatown in NYC, but acceptable. Desperately seeking #.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
2009 - 2015

Is it Sylvania you are talking about? Contact info? I had some delivered food with friends the other night and it was acceptable. Not Chinatown in NYC, but acceptable. Desperately seeking #.

Whatever place that may be, if it survived this 6-year old thread, it must be OK, more or less.... ;)

donP

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Nope, it did not survive. And the new place in Sosua needs some work. Hopefully they will pull things together.

By the way, they are not spring rolls, they are egg rolls that they have.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Here's the racism:

I said to the Chinaman who sold them, " Hey you, these spring rolls are rubbery!"

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Here's the racism:

The fun part is that the joke is on them. They are egg rolls.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The fun part is that the joke is on them. They are egg rolls.

Why is this 2009 post racist?

It's not like he called the place a "Chink Joint".
I made it yellow for effect!

belly belly bad tambo

***I hope I did not offend any Asian members!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My second wife was from a different land. Far from mine in the 50 states. She said that people from China/Japan were Oriental. That is not considered to be politically correct in the USA. She considered herself to be an Asian.

I personally welcome any different type of food here.

Here are some generalities.

Dominicans eat more rice than Asians. (Probably true.)

Too many plantains make you (fill in the blanks).

The only spices are salt, black pepper and soy sauce (Sad but true on the island spice forgot.)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
My second wife was from a different land. Far from mine in the 50 states. She said that people from China/Japan were Oriental. That is not considered to be politically correct in the USA. She considered herself to be an Asian.

I personally welcome any different type of food here.

Here are some generalities.

Dominicans eat more rice than Asians. (Probably true.)

Too many plantains make you (fill in the blanks).

The only spices are salt, black pepper and soy sauce (Sad but true on the island spice forgot.)

actually, make that salsa china, which bears no resemblance to soy sauce.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Worc(h)estershire Sauce

... salsa china, which bears no resemblance to soy sauce.

Bad stuff, I agree (Baldom).
However, their salsa inglesa is not that bad.

Here they sell Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce made in the US*, it is not as good as the one from GB.
IMO, not worth its price.

donP

worcestersauce_zpsrpj7es9c.png