Choosing the "right" Dominicans

Status
Not open for further replies.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
I have read your post twice and I agree. Now can you write a post explaining why Dominican women have this same problem.

A lot of Dominican women have this problem mainly because of the limited choices.
Being poor and from the ghetto it would be a lot harder for a woman than it would be for a man to marry up.

You need to take into consideration that the men pursue woman, not the other way around.
When the table turns, it means the woman isn't any good; "un avion".

These women would end up partnering with the thugs (for lack of a better word) from the hoods.
"El tigre" with the best rapping skills; you know the one who says the right things and has an answer for everything.

I know plenty of Dominican women that are treated pretty bad in DR by their Dominicans spouses or boyfriends. Many of my Puerto Rican boys and African American boys treat their ladies not good, but NOTHING like Dominicans.

Please don't be fooled. Machismo is a Latin thing for which women have adapted. Even Blacks do the same.
There isn't a women who would volunteer for this. It just do happen. The vast majority of Dominican women don't buy into it either. Some simply end up in a abusive, masochistic relationships.

Although this behavior appears rampant as of late, it is not the norm in all the social classes.
Poor Dominicans might be trapped in an abusive relationship due to necessity. You have to remember that back in time, women did not work, men were the only providers. As a result, women had limited choices.

I was raised in the hood, my friends or I never hit our girlfriends. I don't recall the craziness that is going on right now.

BTW There is a guy that I know lives in La Castellana with his family, nice home, car the whole nine. He has another family in SD Este and the kids and GF has less a lot LESS then his family in La Castellana. Can you explain to me why?

This is the same everywhere!
The mistresses never have the same privileges as the wife.

This has been the norm in DR since forever. The ultimate disrespect a Dominican man could do to his wife would be to treat his mistress the same as his wife, financially that is.

Did you know that it was accepted for Dominican men to have multiple families? Although this is fading, many Dominicans are still pulling this off.

In a nutshell, this is something that happens through out Latin American. Some blacks also behave this way.
Hence the term "Latin Lover".

I apologize for the reply; since you were asking Dominic... specifically. :chinese:

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Fare enouf . But breads a hart that cold and dark to knowingly do that to a women over and over with no respect for her emotions . Thy well do it to there own as well to the exstent of making a baby knowing all to well that thay can barley aford the one that is on his moms sofa or in his last girlfrends moms house that he still needs to send the 1500 dop to . I am shoure the women take the same pride on stealing a forners hart if she can . She must think of it as some kind of pay back for the injusts that have been done to her and all the women in her famley . Who els is she going to do it to she can't get over on any locale guy who is a pro at the game . But what a F up game . Back to my original ? What breads this mind set ?

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
I have not read the rest of the thread but I'm going to comment and read it later after work.

I will never find a Dominican man....(not that I'm looking)
I have fun with a few but as far as settling down, it will never be.
I have worn the "pantalones" in my house for too long.
When I want something, I buy it, I don't wait for a man to give it to me or give me "permission" to buy it.
Without totally giving away my income, let's just say I bring home between $2,000US-$3,000US weekly.

The Dominican men in my league financially are stuck up and want white wives. They love us (black women) as the lovers because...well....to put it nicely with the lighter persuasion no se compara en la cama but to marry?? Nope...white.
The men who would marry me are not financially or educationally on my level but thats not usually why we never really mesh.
Shalena cannot give up the podium and Shalena's mouth is judy. I have knocked many a Dominican man's ego down with my tongue.
They can't take that. They need submissive, and silent when asked to be silent.

I heard one ex-aventura tell a friend of mine that the problem with me is that I have too much mouth..."Cuando esa mujer se enoja....ya tu 'ta frito" and he told me that I don't need a man because I am the man LOL

Find me a good-looking, decently employed, educational prepared Dominican who can handle a firecracker and I'll take it all back. It ain't happening

SHALENA

Without totally giving away my income, let's just say I bring home between $2,000US-$3,000US weekly.
Would you marry me. I promise you I am not a Sanky. :)

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
I have not read the rest of the thread but I'm going to comment and read it later after work.

When I want something, I buy it, I don't wait for a man to give it to me or give me "permission" to buy it.
Without totally giving away my income, let's just say I bring home between $2,000US-$3,000US weekly. The Dominican men in my league financially are stuck up and want white wives. They love us (black women) as the lovers because...well....to put it nicely with the lighter persuasion no se compara en la cama but to marry?? Nope...white.
The men who would marry me are not financially or educationally on my level but thats not usually why we never really mesh.
Shalena cannot give up the podium and Shalena's mouth is judy. I have knocked many a Dominican man's ego down with my tongue.

I heard one ex-aventura tell a friend of mine that the problem with me is that I have too much mouth..."Cuando esa mujer se enoja....ya tu 'ta frito" and he told me that I don't need a man because I am the man LOL

Find me a good-looking, decently employed, educational prepared Dominican who can handle a firecracker and I'll take it all back. It ain't happening

SHALENA

Yes Shalena..we greasers have a saying..never marry anything older, or stronger than yourselve.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Shalena; but if you respect that man leadership's abilities and trust his wisdom and good virtues and manliness, there would not be a problem. Money to me is not an issue whether you make three thousand a day (i never seen a u.s. nurse that makes more than me even with o.t) money will never be an issue..and no one is looking for a submissive and silent person.
But what is important to many of us is no drama.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009

Without totally giving away my income, let's just say I bring home between $2,000US-$3,000US weekly. The Dominican men in my league financially are stuck up and want white wives. They love us (black women) as the lovers because...well....to put it nicely with the lighter persuasion no se compara en la cama but to marry?? Nope...white.

SHALENA

You are probably right. Dominican men don't like a woman constantly nagging, demanding and being too bossy.
Who in his right mind would buy into that? We love our women nice and calm, cool and collected.

"Calladitas se ven mas bonitas". :)

This being said, to imply that in a Dominican household the woman does not communicate or participates in the decision making would be absurd.

Smart women not only run the house, but they manipulate us at will. Some simply pretend or make us believe we are the boss.

In my house, I am the one with the big mouth, strong personality and super size ego. My wife is the total opposite.
However, I find myself doing 90% of what my wife asks. As per the remaining 10%, I think I am doing stuff my way. At least that's what I think. Worse yet, that is what she is making believe...

The latest example:

I set out to finally finished my basement; the famous NAS Cave! :)

From the get go, she wanted nothing to do with the remodel. I could do whatever I wanted. No questions asked! Perfect, right?

Not so fast. I am in the middle of building a super size closet and a super size shoes' rack. I got blind sided and for the life of me don't remember when I agreed to do this.

As I am finishing her little project, I am hearing conversations between her and my daughter about a gym.
I am ignoring that conversation, but I know that somehow I'll be talked into doing that as well.

After all these things she has tricked me into doing for her, she is now telling me that she would not interfere with my choice in decoration.. Somehow, I don't believe it... :(

So to mistake a passive demeanor of a Dominican woman as being submissive and not being able to speak up in their relationships is, again, absurd! A smart woman (I am not talking about education) has subtle ways of manipulating the odds in their favor. Every woman in planet earth knows this.

:chinese:

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
Fare enouf . But breads a hart that cold and dark to knowingly do that to a women over and over with no respect for her emotions . Thy well do it to there own as well to the exstent of making a baby knowing all to well that thay can barley aford the one that is on his moms sofa or in his last girlfrends moms house that he still needs to send the 1500 dop to . I am shoure the women take the same pride on stealing a forners hart if she can . She must think of it as some kind of pay back for the injusts that have been done to her and all the women in her famley . Who els is she going to do it to she can't get over on any locale guy who is a pro at the game . But what a F up game . Back to my original ? What breads this mind set ?

Long time ago, only well to do men could afford to have multiple families. These men provided for their families. Again, keeping in mind that there was a main family, normally the place of the woman they married. Both families would know of the existence of each other, but the family of the mistress would never challenge that of the main family.

The same is true today to some extend, except that even "Chopos" have multiple families. Could they afford it? Nope!
Why does the woman accept this? Initially they don't know about it. It is kept in the dark. The woman is oblivious to what is going on.

When the true is known, a woman from the ghetto will put up with it and fight for her man. At this point, besides a financial dependency, she is now tied to this man emotionally. We all know about the intricacies of love!

At this point, an independent woman has a choice. If she chooses to stay in the relationship, she does it purely out of love.
We all know how it is when one is in love. There is no way we could rationalize this out.

When people are in love they are just in love. Women believe everything her love one tells her. Men on the other hand pretend to believe everything a woman tell us, when Cupid shot at us.

So to your question, women stay in this cycle for one of three reasons or all the above.

>financial
>Love
>Not to surrender her man to the other woman

The mind set has been past down from many generations; so much so, that a Dominican man was expected to cheat; although things must be changing.

I remember when I was a player growing up. I had multiple girlfriends on the same block and they know about each other.
I had several girlfriends in the same neighborhood. They knew about it.

I was so messed up that I once courted two sisters. I was bad :(

How did they cope? they were always competing for my attention. They would tell me; "leave her and I'll do this for you ... "

They would also confront one another when their path crossed. Survival or the fittest!

Somehow this must've been a learned behavior past down for many generations!

The same should be true for the other Latin American countries!

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
Let me say the reason why I will not date Dominican women in the future. I have 3 women in my life a Mexican woman, Dominican woman and my sweetheart a Pakistani woman. My Pakistani GF and the Mexican woman I have a child with can tell me the sun will not rise tomorrow and I will believe them because they are both very honest women. I have known my Mexican lady for almost 14 yrs and she has never lied to me. I know the second she does not tell me the whole story because she starts to giggle, but lying is NOT a part of who she is.

My present GF will not lie if you paid her a million bucks very honest and humble woman. She is so great she sometimes make me call my Dominican ex wife to see if she is OK, because she said" if your ex wife is unhappy your child is unhappy"

Now my Dominican wife could be sitting at a park on Sunday with her friends and call me and say she was just hit by a moto could I send her 1000USD. Then she would put her sister on the phone to confirm the lie. It is really sad when my wife needs something extra a month I have to call my Haitian friend and his wife to confirm what she need is the truth. I have 3 Haitian people I use in SD to approve a wire for my wife, and these people will not lie for her. One time she needed money for her car to be repaired and she even put the guy on the phone which was Dominican, it took him all of 5 seconds to tell his 1st lie. She needed 400USD and I said fine but my Haitian guy will pick the person who will fixed the car. She called back 30 mins later and said everything is OK the guy fixed it and did not charge her. DO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN.

I enjoy having a drink with Dominican women or having dinner and talking, but it does not go any further then this. I have my daughter in Santo Domingo and she is all the woman I need. Can't wait to take her to the new malls in SD.

JMB, we have touched on this point before.

Your Dominican wife/girlfriend must've been a Sanky. As per your many statements about your Dominican ex, either you picked the wrong woman or she picked you. Please be aware of the difference.

A decent Dominican woman would not pursue a man. (It would apply globally)
A decent Dominican woman would not insinuate herself to a man (It might apply globally)
A decent Dominican woman would only give you subtle signs that would make you aware she likes you (This applies globally, thank God! :) )

If you miss those signs you are out of luck. Sorry Charlie :(

What I object to, is your insinuation or suggestion that Dominican women lie. Women globally lie. The vast majority of women are decent and have integrity, Dominican or not.

Please do not continue to feed us that non-sense. Next time, choose, not to be chosen.

As an analogy, the same goes for friendship. If you want to surround yourself with people worth your while, pick your friends carefully; don't let anyone choose you instead.

Lots of luck in the future. I sincerely hope your daughter grows up to be a decent, respectful human being with ample integrity to go around. I hope she makes you proud, unlike her mom.

Or are we to assume your daughter will be a liar when she grows up simply because she is Dominican? For your sake, I sincerely hope not.

This is the perfect example why one shouldn't carpet bomb a bunch of people for a few rotten ones :chinese:

Last edited:

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
JMB, we have touched on this point before.

Your Dominican wife/girlfriend must've been a Sanky. As per your many statements about your Dominican ex, either you picked the wrong woman or she picked you. Please be aware of the difference.

A decent Dominican woman would not pursue a man. (It would apply globally)
A decent Dominican woman would not insinuate herself to a man (It might apply globally)
A decent Dominican woman would only give you subtle signs that would make you aware she likes you (This applies globally, thank God! :) )

If you miss those signs you are out of luck. Sorry Charlie :(

What I object to, is your insinuation or suggestion that Dominican women lie. Women globally lie. The vast majority of women are decent and have integrity, Dominican or not.

Please do not continue to feed us that non-sense. Next time, choose, not to be chosen.

As an analogy, the same goes for friendship. If you want to surround yourself with people worth your while, pick your friends carefully; don't let anyone choose you instead.

Lots of luck in the future. :chinese:

Thanks Nas but I will leave the women between Santo Domingo and Santiago to the experts. The white flag has been raised a long time now. Nas IMO Dominican women lie more then others, if you have another group of women please tell me. I am not saying all Dominican women lie, but many of them do far more then other groups.

Nas you want to read something funny, I do not believe a word my wife says and yet she still tell me lies. I should have been in Cuban Link video " Tellin Lies" back in the day. Everytime I think maybe she might be telling me the truth I play this song to bring me back down to earth.

I love Dominican women as "friends" no benefits needed here. Dating them and being married to one is a lot of work. To all the men who are married to a Dominican woman or has one a GF, I applaud all of them. They are a much better men then I am.

Santiago to Santo Domingo I'm good, but I will take all the women from Tinseltown to The Boogiedown if you don't mind.

BTW What I say about Dominican women is not true or false it is 1 opinion, from 1 man, that being said ONE LOVE!!!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Long time ago, only well to do men could afford to have multiple families. These men provided for their families. Again, keeping in mind that there was a main family, normally the place of the woman they married. Both families would know of the existence of each other, but the family of the mistress would never challenge that of the main family.

The same is true today to some extend, except that even "Chopos" have multiple families. Could they afford it? Nope!
Why does the woman accept this? Initially they don't know about it. It is kept in the dark. The woman is oblivious to what is going on.

When the true is known, a woman from the ghetto will put up with it and fight for her man. At this point, besides a financial dependency, she is now tied to this man emotionally. We all know about the intricacies of love!

At this point, an independent woman has a choice. If she chooses to stay in the relationship, she does it purely out of love.
We all know how it is when one is in love. There is no way we could rationalize this out.

When people are in love they are just in love. Women believe everything her love one tells her. Men on the other hand pretend to believe everything a woman tell us, when Cupid shot at us.

So to your question, women stay in this cycle for one of three reasons or all the above.

>financial
>Love
>Not to surrender her man to the other woman

The mind set has been past down from many generations; so much so, that a Dominican man was expected to cheat; although things must be changing.

I remember when I was a player growing up. I had multiple girlfriends on the same block and they know about each other.
I had several girlfriends in the same neighborhood. They knew about it.

I was so messed up that I once courted two sisters. I was bad :(

How did they cope? they were always competing for my attention. They would tell me; "leave her and I'll do this for you ... "

They would also confront one another when their path crossed. Survival or the fittest!

Somehow this must've been a learned behavior past down for many generations!

The same should be true for the other Latin American countries!

This is not a Dominican nor a Latin phenomenon.

Top Five Relatively Recent Cases of Famous Men Having Illegitimate Children/Second Families - E-Verse Radio

Dominicaus

Oct 4, 2006
First off padro is an F ing dirt ball remember when he punched don zimmer who was ilke 100 at the time.
You are confused about the Pedro/Zimmer incident...Pedro never punched Zimmer....Zimmer CHARGED Pedro...Pedro pushed him away in defence, and Zimmer fell to the ground...Zimmer himself was very apologetic, after the incident, even cried or pretended to, and may have been sanctioned...

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
This is def. not a dominican/latin phenomenen..most tunisian or egyptian sankies could teach or dominican friends a lesson or 2. The stories I heard from there are usually a LOT worse and extremely cold blooded. Most dominican sankys still act kind of dumb and are usually to lazy to really to do the work toget a lady attached to them. They think a few cheesy words, a little dancing and a little sex will do the trick with every girl.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
This is def. not a dominican/latin phenomenen..most tunisian or egyptian sankies could teach or dominican friends a lesson or 2. The stories I heard from there are usually a LOT worse and extremely cold blooded. Most dominican sankys still act kind of dumb and are usually to lazy to really to do the work toget a lady attached to them. They think a few cheesy words, a little dancing and a little sex will do the trick with every girl.

It can be found in all developing countries with tourism.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Let me say the reason why I will not date Dominican women in the future. I have 3 women in my life a Mexican woman, Dominican woman and my sweetheart a Pakistani woman. My Pakistani GF and the Mexican woman I have a child with can tell me the sun will not rise tomorrow and I will believe them because they are both very honest women. I have known my Mexican lady for almost 14 yrs and she has never lied to me. I know the second she does not tell me the whole story because she starts to giggle, but lying is NOT a part of who she is.

My present GF will not lie if you paid her a million bucks very honest and humble woman. She is so great she sometimes make me call my Dominican ex wife to see if she is OK, because she said" if your ex wife is unhappy your child is unhappy"

Now my Dominican wife could be sitting at a park on Sunday with her friends and call me and say she was just hit by a moto could I send her 1000USD. Then she would put her sister on the phone to confirm the lie. It is really sad when my wife needs something extra a month I have to call my Haitian friend and his wife to confirm what she need is the truth. I have 3 Haitian people I use in SD to approve a wire for my wife, and these people will not lie for her. One time she needed money for her car to be repaired and she even put the guy on the phone which was Dominican, it took him all of 5 seconds to tell his 1st lie. She needed 400USD and I said fine but my Haitian guy will pick the person who will fixed the car. She called back 30 mins later and said everything is OK the guy fixed it and did not charge her. DO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN.

I enjoy having a drink with Dominican women or having dinner and talking, but it does not go any further then this. I have my daughter in Santo Domingo and she is all the woman I need. Can't wait to take her to the new malls in SD.

let me put this into a short passage.. most Dominicans i have met could not tell the truth if their lives depended on it. i have been meeting them for over 25 years, and nothing has changed.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
The problem is the grey area. The extremes are so obvious by now that almost no gring@ falls for it anymore. At least none with an internet connection. That grey area, that's where things get complicated. I witnessed a very sad case of an italian-american young guy that came to DR on vacation with a group of friends. He met this girl at a mall, and inmediately fell in love with her. They went out several times before he got back to NY. He returned a few weeks later, went to the girl's house and met her parents, very decent folks. She attended a university. They are roughly the same age. After a few trips back and forth he decided to give her a ring and get her a fiancee visa. She's now married to him and they live in NY. All good right?. Nope. Turns out she worked every night as a hooker/stripper/escort at a famous whorehouse in SD. Did the guy stand a chance? no. Could he have done a better research? Possibly, but I don't think he would've ever found out, as not even her family knew what she did. Are they happy? I don't know, but I doubt it. She wasn't even half faithful while she was here and he has there. She told me she didn't want to marry him and did not love him, but she needed to in order to help her family. She wasn't a lowlife in the strict sense, but a nice cute, educated girl.

What's my point? never, ever marry anyone from a different origin if there is a difference in social status.

One sign is the quickness that the hook up happens and what the person is willing to do right away. A decent girl won't become an instant girlfriend, especially when there's a tourist involved.

Due to double standards there's a lot of judgment here against women, so a decent woman will have certain reservations, she won't sleep with the guy right away or just go away with him for the weekend. She doesn't know what the guy's intentions are.

An example of people here worrying about judgment and reputation is that when people move in together they tell the public that they are husband and wife. Do you think that it is because they feel that living together is the same as getting married? It's actually the other way; it's because of the judgment that people will pass against them. No woman will tell you that she lives with their boyfriend! People will look down on her and say that she's a whore.

A woman who wants something serious expects a time of courtship; A hooker will have sex with the tourist right away, as a way to "amarrarlo" or tie him up, so that he'll come back for more.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
Thanks Nas but I will leave the women between Santo Domingo and Santiago to the experts. The white flag has been raised a long time now. Nas IMO Dominican women lie more then others, if you have another group of women please tell me. I am not saying all Dominican women lie, but many of them do far more then other groups.

Nas you want to read something funny, I do not believe a word my wife says and yet she still tell me lies. I should have been in Cuban Link video " Tellin Lies" back in the day. Everytime I think maybe she might be telling me the truth I play this song to bring me back down to earth.

I love Dominican women as "friends" no benefits needed here. Dating them and being married to one is a lot of work. To all the men who are married to a Dominican woman or has one a GF, I applaud all of them. They are a much better men then I am.

Santiago to Santo Domingo I'm good, but I will take all the women from Tinseltown to The Boogiedown if you don't mind.

BTW What I say about Dominican women is not true or false it is 1 opinion, from 1 man, that being said ONE LOVE!!!

JMB,

I would like you to realize that I am not trying to persuade you to love or even to like Dominican women.
It isn't about us men with Dominican women being better men than you either.

I am not suggesting that you ex wife lie to you either.. She probably did and is still, as you are stating.

It isn't about any of that....

The problem is your generalizations about Dominican women fibs. It would be more sensible for you to state that the Dominican women you know, they all lie. I'll accept that without any quarrels because I know you haven't met all Dominican women in DR.

You also suggest that of all the women in the world and possible Mars, Dominicans are the ones who take a lie into a forth dimension. Well, I beg to ask, have you lived in any other Latin American country and socialized with their women the way you had in DR?

If I were to say that living with a Dominican woman is a lot better than living with a Puerto Rican, I would simply be making things up. How would I know, I have never lived with a Puerto Rican!

You are definitely entitled to your opinion; heck, we all are! I think the first amendment give you that right, but only in the US; not in DR1... Just kidding you are definitely entitled to your opinion.

Please be cognizant, this entitlement is a powerful tool. If misused it could turn into a lethal weapon.

Later, man.. stay warm and safe... :chinese:

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
You are confused about the Pedro/Zimmer incident...Pedro never punched Zimmer....Zimmer CHARGED Pedro...Pedro pushed him away in defence, and Zimmer fell to the ground...Zimmer himself was very apologetic, after the incident, even cried or pretended to, and may have been sanctioned...

Dude,

Pedro did not have to go as far as pushing the old man. Yes, he did charge, but Pedro's act was despicable.
He could have easily stepped out of the way and the old man would have fallen anyway.

I never was a fan of Pedro because of his arrogance, but after that incident, I dismiss him completely.
That day, my believes were confirmed; what a loser?

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
JMB,

I would like you to realize that I am not trying to persuade you to love or even to like Dominican women.
It isn't about us men with Dominican women being better men than you either.

I am not suggesting that you ex wife lie to you either.. She probably did and is still, as you are stating.

It isn't about any of that....

The problem is your generalizations about Dominican women fibs. It would be more sensible for you to state that the Dominican women you know, they all lie. I'll accept that without any quarrels because I know you haven't met all Dominican women in DR.

You also suggest that of all the women in the world and possible Mars, Dominicans are the ones who take a lie into a forth dimension. Well, I beg to ask, have you lived in any other Latin American country and socialized with their women the way you had in DR?

If I were to say that living with a Dominican woman is a lot better than living with a Puerto Rican, I would simply be making things up. How would I know, I have never lived with a Puerto Rican!

You are definitely entitled to your opinion; heck, we all are! I think the first amendment give you that right, but only in the US; not in DR1... Just kidding you are definitely entitled to your opinion.

Please be cognizant, this entitlement is a powerful tool. If misused it could turn into a lethal weapon.

Later, man.. stay warm and safe... :chinese:

Nas I do not want you to think that I do not love my ex wife in Santo Domingo. In June I was all prepared to divorce her, but when I realized that I would not be her husband anymore I paper I could not go through with it just yet. Everybody here think I am divorced, but her and I are legally still married. Marrying her was easy divorcing her is the hard part.

I really believe even today I found the "right" Dominican her and I just ran into some bad luck. I know life is hard for her in DR when you have a husband in the USA. My wife does not pay rent for her apartment because I pay it from here and I sent her 400USD every two weeks and she never has any money. 32,000RD a month is not alot of money but when you only have 1 child that is not even 5 yet and no rent, I think it is enough for two people living in SD Este. Family and friends borrow money from her all the time and they will not take NO for answer, because she as an ATM living in Chicago.

Another time before her and I were married she had like 50,000RD saved up in her bank account and I tried to tell the importance of having money in the bank in case something comes up or piece of mind. One of her aunts found out how much money she had in the bank and borrowed like 45,000RD of the money. For almost 3 months I thought the money was in her account because she never told me. When it was time for her to move into a new apartment and needed 2+1 which came to 36,000RD and pay the moving guys I said use the money in the bank and I will wire you the money next month to replace it. So instead of just telling me she moved in with her mom and sister until next month when I sent the money. Now 2 months pass by and JMB773 is on the island and I want to place another 30,000RD into her account that would give almost 80,000RD in her account. My goal was for her to have 100,000RD in the account. She waited until we were on the way to the bank to tell me there was only 1500RD in the account.

This is when I realize that I cannot treat her like I can a woman here in the states, so I began to overlook many thing that I would never overlook if she was American, which brought my marriage to an end before it started.

I still love her though and always will :)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Nas I do not want you to think that I do not love my ex wife in Santo Domingo. In June I was all prepared to divorce her, but when I realized that I would not be her husband anymore I paper I could not go through with it just yet. Everybody here think I am divorced, but her and I are legally still married. Marrying her was easy divorcing her is the hard part.

I really believe even today I found the "right" Dominican her and I just ran into some bad luck. I know life is hard for her in DR when you have a husband in the USA. My wife does not pay rent for her apartment because I pay it from here and I sent her 400USD every two weeks and she never has any money. 32,000RD a month is not alot of money but when you only have 1 child that is not even 5 yet and no rent, I think it is enough for two people living in SD Este. Family and friends borrow money from her all the time and they will not take NO for answer, because she as an ATM living in Chicago.

Another time before her and I were married she had like 50,000RD saved up in her bank account and I tried to tell the importance of having money in the bank in case something comes up or piece of mind. One of her aunts found out how much money she had in the bank and borrowed like 45,000RD of the money. For almost 3 months I thought the money was in her account because she never told me. When it was time for her to move into a new apartment and needed 2+1 which came to 36,000RD and pay the moving guys I said use the money in the bank and I will wire you the money next month to replace it. So instead of just telling me she moved in with her mom and sister until next month when I sent the money. Now 2 months pass by and JMB773 is on the island and I want to place another 30,000RD into her account that would give almost 80,000RD in her account. My goal was for her to have 100,000RD in the account. She waited until we were on the way to the bank to tell me there was only 1500RD in the account.

This is when I realize that I cannot treat her like I can a woman here in the states, so I began to overlook many thing that I would never overlook if she was American, which brought my marriage to an end before it started.

I still love her though and always will :)

Your choice to reveal personal details as you describe above. Personally, I would not!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.