Computer repair shop Recommendations Puerto Plata

chico bill

Silver
May 6, 2016
While not related to laptop failure the trend of having to pay subscriptions for software is annoying as heck.
Microsoft wants you to pay for Office 365 and Adobe wants you to have a subscription for Acrobat.
Even if you previously bought their software like I have many times, they will block you from activating it on a new computer or a fresh install or hard drive swap.
I've gone to WPS Office which costs $25 a year but includes a PDF editor. And it's spreadsheet and Word Processor mimic Microsoft.

Reactions: sunup

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I've know plenty to fail. In fact their phones fail way more often than Samsung. I had two friends and Apple fanatics that had their MacBook Air laptops fail.
I don't have any stats to back it up but I would personally dispute your statement on Galaxy vs. Iphones based on my and my friends experiences. I was just posting my own experience but I believe overall Apple products have the best track record. I've had eleven Iphones,three Macbooks,and two Imacs,zero failures. I had to take an Imac to J Diaz in Cabarete to reinstall my hard drive due to an error on my part but other than that zero issues.

chico bill

Silver
May 6, 2016
I don't have any stats to back it up but I would personally dispute your statement on Galaxy vs. Iphones based on my and my friends experiences. I was just posting my own experience but I believe overall Apple products have the best track record. I've had eleven Iphones,three Macbooks,and two Imacs,zero failures. I had to take an Imac to J Diaz in Cabarete to reinstall my hard drive due to an error on my part but other than that zero issues.
Well they all fail at some point, whether by drop, water damage or malfunction.
They overall failure rate of iPhones is 26% after 2 years.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I mentioned once before I am using one of these I have mounted on my monitor. Lightning fast, SSD, two USB outlets:
612uRJ0hKCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Dirt cheap and works like a champ. Boots in about 15 seconds. Only about 3" square.

I store most of my stuff on the cloud now but this has more than enough disk space.
I am still running my Old Emachin, Windows Seven, this computer was built for the future 10 years ago... 2 gigabyte ram and 1-TB Drive. Made by Apple.
I have a new laptop but I am no too familiar with Android OS.

JJ

sunup

Sep 1, 2013
UPDATE: I went to Ceducomm. Seems the keyboard is damaged and a new one would have to be ordered taking 15-30 days for delivery - 5500 pesos.

Reactions: JD Jones