Coronavirus - In the DR

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Well I can see my views are somehow considered extreme left or something. But yes I am ok. I will have another cortadito.
Me too. My problem is I am having a hard understanding libertarianism. Our self proclaimed libertarian thinks it is swell for the state to round up law abiding citizens and throw them in jail overnight.

lifeisgreat

LIVING THE LIFE!
May 7, 2016
Me too. My problem is I am having a hard understanding libertarianism. Our self proclaimed libertarian thinks it is swell for the state to round up law abiding citizens and throw them in jail overnight.
I’m still trying to fiquire out pansexual...

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
you could make the argument that is exactly why a foreigner should be required to have an insurance so they don’t become the DRs problem in a public hospital. Public hospitals are for Dominicans.
You ever see the inside of a public hospital here?
The DR does not have to worry about spending money on foreigners in their public hospitals as the quality of care and general conditions are sad and cannot cost much to keep in such a pathetic condition.
I would not bring my dog for treatment in a public hospital.
No foreigner coming to the DR would stay more than 5 minutes if they are ambulatory.
Foreigners and Dominicans who can afford it all go to private care facilities.

John Boyter

Dom Rep - Denmark
Jun 10, 2008
johnboyter.com
You ever see the inside of a public hospital here?
The DR does not have to worry about spending money on foreigners in their public hospitals as the quality of care and general conditions are sad and cannot cost much to keep in such a pathetic condition.
I would not bring my dog for treatment in a public hospital.
No foreigner coming to the DR would stay more than 5 minutes if they are ambulatory.
Foreigners and Dominicans who can afford it all go to private care facilities.
If someone does not have insurance and no credit card don’t they go to public hospital.

lifeisgreat

LIVING THE LIFE!
May 7, 2016
Yes, I would think so. But Americans and Europeans will have cash or credit cards.
Ya but what about the broke back whore monger who comes to find love on a budget BWM lives matter too.. his credit card is max from being western union papi...

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
you could make the argument that is exactly why a foreigner should be required to have an insurance so they don’t become the DRs problem in a public hospital. Public hospitals are for Dominicans.
The division public/private hospitals goes not along passport lines. In the DR it goes along the wealth lines.
An issue for the government is the deportation of ill, uninsured foreigners (after accident, stroke, etc.). This could be costly and therefore some goverments require insurance.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Doesn't the gov't insist on a policy as part of the residency application...

you buy it here - in RD - as part of the procedure... annual renewals

NanSanPedro

Apr 12, 2019
Ya but what about the broke back whore monger who comes to find love on a budget BWM lives matter too.. his credit card is max from being western union papi...
I guess he (or she) needs to plan a bit better. Mom and Dad always told me to plan ahead.