• B3D06DA3-2C36-4721-9350-9CEC798A0AFD.jpeg
    B3D06DA3-2C36-4721-9350-9CEC798A0AFD.jpeg
    345.7 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: drstock

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Don’t we all miss the good old days of unpredictability?
You woke up and headed to the headlines. Just to see what was new that day, for sure!
It was like a surprise birthday party, only it repeated each day!

Back to the covid in DR:
Santiago keeps low infection rates for a Province of 1.8 million people…

Now, things are turning interesting with the new strain circulating in Haiti.

Pop corn is out and ready.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Sinovac is neither tried nor true.
Nothing the Chinese import into this country on
a regular basis is quality.
The only product I can say is of any quality (that I own), which is produced in China is Lenovo computers. And their basic success was started by IBM.

I am sure their are other products the Chinese produce that are decent quality but I just don't know of them from experience, maybe TVs or cell phones (I own a Korean TV & cell phone) - but electric power tools - forget it.
Even the mainline manufacturers like Milwaukee and a most of Dewalt tools are being produced in China and their quality has suffered for it, as any of you have bought power tools lately can tell.

I gripe becuase very few tool makers anymore produce outside of China.

Some examples of US made tools: Klien, SnapOn (some), Proto wrenches (excellent), Rolair compressors, Marshaltown concrete tools are a few examples of tools produced in the US.
If you have pre-2010 Craftsmen tools hang onto those - they were still made in US.

Germany still makes some good tools too, like NWS, Knipex, Stabila, some Hilti, Heyco, Stahlwille (great torque wrenches) & Felo.

Of course you pay extra for quality tools but they last. I have a 60-year old Milwaukee corded 1/2" drill that still works. And an old Porter Cable Tiger saw that, even though well used, will still outlast any new reciprocal saw you can buy today.

Nothing made in China will work in 20 years, or probably even 10

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
My, my - now Facebook decides it will not censor the emerging truth ? How big of them.

“In light of ongoing investigations into the origin of COVID-19 and in consultation with public health experts, we will no longer remove the claim that COVID-19 is man-made or manufactured from our apps,” Facebook said on Wednesday. “We’re continuing to work with health experts to keep pace with the evolving nature of the pandemic and regularly update our policies as new facts and trends emerge.”

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
My, my - now Facebook decides it will not censor the emerging truth ? How big of them.

“In light of ongoing investigations into the origin of COVID-19 and in consultation with public health experts, we will no longer remove the claim that COVID-19 is man-made or manufactured from our apps,” Facebook said on Wednesday. “We’re continuing to work with health experts to keep pace with the evolving nature of the pandemic and regularly update our policies as new facts and trends emerge.”
They like the rest of "their lot" are coming to terms with how their "wokeness" may affect/ damage their cronies grip on power during the next cycle.
Pichardo won't be the only one sitting back this year enjoying a bowl of popcorn.

Reactions: chico bill

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Here's a disturbing article

computer translated:

"Start killing now, because there is no bed here"​

A young man arrived with a seriously ill mother from Covid to the Cruz Jiminián Clinic, desperate, and with a gun in his hands, he threatened to kill the doctors on duty if a bed did not appear​

Adriana peguero
Santo Domingo, RD

"If they don't treat my mother here now, I'm going to kill them all, even if I have to kill myself too," was the threat made by a young man who arrived with his grave mother at the Cruz Jiminián Clinic, due to the effects of the Covid -19.

Dr. Antonio Cruz Jiminián's response was: "Look, start killing now, because there isn't a single bed here."

The doctor explained that the young man was a prisoner of despair caused by the fact that he had visited numerous health centers in the capital with his mother and rebounded in each one, due to the lack of space and equipment.

He explained that, at that time, all oxygen equipment was connected to patients and both the emergency and the Covid internment area were overcrowded.

"He told me, dammit, if they don't take care of my mother here, I'm going to kill them all even though I have to kill myself too and I answered him well, look, start killing now, because there are no empty beds and he held on" Jiminián said.

He said that he understood the attitude of the patient, because it was that his mother was dying from lack of oxygen. "I understood, it was his mother who was suffocating and did not receive assistance, "he added. He commented that you have to put yourself in the place of that man who had his mother drowning in a vehicle and no one gave him even hope that they could enter her into intensive care.
"When I spoke to the young man with that authority, he calmed down and then through the CLUE platform of the Ministry of Health, we looked for and found space in a hospital for his mother," he explained

He said when the case was presented in the health center there were more than 40 desperate patients, waiting for assistance to be admitted, but the clinic lacked capacity.
He said that the most difficult days at the clinic have been Monday and Tuesday, as people have arrived in critical condition in chairs and sit in the parking lots waiting to be seen.
"It is a difficult situation that the doctors who work with this terrible disease are going through," he said.
He considered that there are no words to describe the situation that is experienced every day in the clinic he directs, where more than a hundred patients affected by coronavirus arrive seeking to be treated, but he said that they are full to all their capacity.
“People arrive by the ten in chairs, they stay in the canopies waiting for a space to be emptied to be entered. Yesterday and today were two difficult days, as the demand for assistance has increased, ”he said.
In that sense, he drew attention to the general population, because the disease is now attacking young people.
"If a young man has smoked hookah and gives him the coronavirus, it is an imminent death and what kind of death to die from lack of oxygen," he said.
It had decreased
Cruz Jiminián recalled that in the first months of the year the demand in the Covid-19 area had dropped almost to zero, but in May it rose aggressively.
He recalled that he made a call for the restrictions to be maintained and he was ignored and now the country is facing an intense regrowth. “There has been no bed available in any hospital in Santo Domingo for about a month. People arrive by the dozen, while seriously ill patients wait for a bed to be emptied, ”he stressed.
It is recalled that Dr. Cruz Jiminián was one of the first patients to be infected in the country by coronavirus and was intubated for several days with a reserved prognosis.

Reactions: lifeisgreat

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Don’t we all miss the good old days of unpredictability?
You woke up and headed to the headlines. Just to see what was new that day, for sure!
It was like a surprise birthday party, only it repeated each day!

Back to the covid in DR:
Santiago keeps low infection rates for a Province of 1.8 million people…

Now, things are turning interesting with the new strain circulating in Haiti.

Pop corn is out and ready.
A few months into my relationship my GF said to me: I don’t understand ,and don’t like , that you always worry about something in the future. Something that might happen. Why do you do that? Don’t you have enough stress now? I really don’t think that kind of thinking is good mi amor. I now try to work on that every day I wake up in the DR and look at the sea and the beauty of this country.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Yes, you are missing something. The WHO aided and abetted.
Didn’t the world leaders pretty much screw it up and everyone one else at same time, easy to arm chair quarter back now ... over 3.5 million dead in yr yet people are trying to say it’s only flu from day one to their death..its Glass 1/2 full 1/2 empty situation..personally this isnt going away government doesnt want say that even @70% vaccinated levels it will gives us allowable limits on death at best..
sink or swim choice is yours nobody else’s...
Here's a disturbing article

computer translated:

"Start killing now, because there is no bed here"​

A young man arrived with a seriously ill mother from Covid to the Cruz Jiminián Clinic, desperate, and with a gun in his hands, he threatened to kill the doctors on duty if a bed did not appear​

Adriana peguero
Santo Domingo, RD

"If they don't treat my mother here now, I'm going to kill them all, even if I have to kill myself too," was the threat made by a young man who arrived with his grave mother at the Cruz Jiminián Clinic, due to the effects of the Covid -19.

Dr. Antonio Cruz Jiminián's response was: "Look, start killing now, because there isn't a single bed here."

The doctor explained that the young man was a prisoner of despair caused by the fact that he had visited numerous health centers in the capital with his mother and rebounded in each one, due to the lack of space and equipment.

He explained that, at that time, all oxygen equipment was connected to patients and both the emergency and the Covid internment area were overcrowded.

"He told me, dammit, if they don't take care of my mother here, I'm going to kill them all even though I have to kill myself too and I answered him well, look, start killing now, because there are no empty beds and he held on" Jiminián said.

He said that he understood the attitude of the patient, because it was that his mother was dying from lack of oxygen. "I understood, it was his mother who was suffocating and did not receive assistance, "he added. He commented that you have to put yourself in the place of that man who had his mother drowning in a vehicle and no one gave him even hope that they could enter her into intensive care.
"When I spoke to the young man with that authority, he calmed down and then through the CLUE platform of the Ministry of Health, we looked for and found space in a hospital for his mother," he explained

He said when the case was presented in the health center there were more than 40 desperate patients, waiting for assistance to be admitted, but the clinic lacked capacity.
He said that the most difficult days at the clinic have been Monday and Tuesday, as people have arrived in critical condition in chairs and sit in the parking lots waiting to be seen.
"It is a difficult situation that the doctors who work with this terrible disease are going through," he said.
He considered that there are no words to describe the situation that is experienced every day in the clinic he directs, where more than a hundred patients affected by coronavirus arrive seeking to be treated, but he said that they are full to all their capacity.
“People arrive by the ten in chairs, they stay in the canopies waiting for a space to be emptied to be entered. Yesterday and today were two difficult days, as the demand for assistance has increased, ”he said.
In that sense, he drew attention to the general population, because the disease is now attacking young people.
"If a young man has smoked hookah and gives him the coronavirus, it is an imminent death and what kind of death to die from lack of oxygen," he said.
It had decreased
Cruz Jiminián recalled that in the first months of the year the demand in the Covid-19 area had dropped almost to zero, but in May it rose aggressively.
He recalled that he made a call for the restrictions to be maintained and he was ignored and now the country is facing an intense regrowth. “There has been no bed available in any hospital in Santo Domingo for about a month. People arrive by the dozen, while seriously ill patients wait for a bed to be emptied, ”he stressed.
It is recalled that Dr. Cruz Jiminián was one of the first patients to be infected in the country by coronavirus and was intubated for several days with a reserved prognosis.

This is extremely sad to hear...how many will pump this as fake news?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Sad story indeed when hospitals get full and can't offer help to the very sick. The population is not behaving as if this situation is common knowledge. In fact what I am seeing convinces me that the hospitals in any sort of population center are going to fill up again and this gambit from clinic to clinic will be repeated often. Lots more in the DR are going to suffer as we are no where near "out of the woods" yet. If people continue doing as if all is normal, then normalcy is only going to get further away. If people need to be told 100 times that it's not ok to party in the streets or they must stay away of others then they need to be told 100 times or more. Neither the Govt. nor the media seems to be willing to tell it like it is as often and as loudly as they should. You can see the level of denial in some learned foreigners here on DR1. Just imagine how much of that same attitude is shared among the less fortunate and less educated population across this country. How many times do we need to be told that CV19 is hitting the younger crowd exceptionally hard. It's not now and never really was only an old person's disease. Whether you blame yourself or the person who gave you the virus really doesn't matter at this point. You can still get very sick and there may not be supportive treatment readily available if or when you need it. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel to use the expression might give you hope but there are no guarantees that you will get to the end of the tunnel. Get vaccinated and continue to avoid direct unprotected contact with people outside your immediate family circle. The virus will capitalize on those who's actions permit it to move from person to person.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada

FACEBOOK EXPOSED

Facebook fired an employee for leaking documents showing how they actually CENSOR comments that question the COVID vaccine efficacy or warn about the potentially dangerous side effects.

They fired the guy for exposing their censorship policy. Can't wait for the day these big tech giants (FB, Twitter, Google etc) fall one by one as their social engineering tactics get exposed furthermore everyday.

Reactions: aarhus and cavok

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Didn’t the world leaders pretty much screw it up and everyone one else at same time, easy to arm chair quarter back now ... over 3.5 million dead in yr yet people are trying to say it’s only flu from day one to their death..its Glass 1/2 full 1/2 empty situation..personally this isnt going away government doesnt want say that even @70% vaccinated levels it will gives us allowable limits on death at best..
sink or swim choice is yours nobody else’s...

This is extremely sad to hear...how many will pump this as fake news?
Me. I'll pump it all day long.
So sad indeed. This government just can't get it together now can they?
They can easily add more hospital beds and should have already done so
given the global fear of a possible resurgence of this virus... but no, as those
of us who live here know all to well, Dominicans are reactive not proactive,
it's a cultural thing. It's not going to change so relax, get used to it, stay home
if need be or just call it a day, pack your bags and hop the next flight out of
the country. No virus, no rules, no new laws or new administration is going
to change it and that's just the way it is.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Me. I'll pump it all day long.
So sad indeed. This government just can't get it together now can they?
They can easily add more hospital beds and should have already done so
given the global fear of a possible resurgence of this virus... but no, as those
of us who live here know all to well, Dominicans are reactive not proactive,
it's a cultural thing. It's not going to change so relax, get used to it, stay home
if need be or just call it a day, pack your bags and hop the next flight out of
the country. No virus, no rules, no new laws or new administration is going
to change it and that's just the way it is.
Which government got it right? Bolsanaro? They all F’d it up at one point or other...Dominicans are not the only ones that hold that title..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes but Taiwan found out in Q3 of 2019 that there was a problem that is finally coming out in the media that there was a problem caused by the virus that leaked from a lab and China tried to silence anyone who spoke up at the time and the rest is history. Taiwan decided to play it safe and shut down traffic to China very early.

Reactions: CristoRey
Status
Not open for further replies.