Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2009
It's what I've been saying for the longest.

FINANCIAL COLLAPSE- the bond and stock markets CHECK

ECONOMIC COLLAPSE- massive unemployment CHECK

SOCIETAL COLLAPSE- PENDING

The final stage iis one of the causative factors in political revolutions, regime change, extremist parties, coups, etc.
Firstly Paul is clearly dependent on tourism opening back up. I have lived here for a long time, I don't see his grim outlook of the general population.

Secondly O/C your asinine rabble rousing comments are, at best, sad. Neither of you have generated much interest in your content.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
If the DR suddenly opens up economy and border and if that gets out of control it will be the same people criticizing calling it a backwater who now are criticizing current policy.

Reactions: MikeFisher

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
This country is no where near ready to open but they're going too. Theyre still going up the curve. Besides that 2000 people recovered the day after the president gave his speech. Yeah ok👌

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
This country is no where near ready to open but they're going too. Theyre still going up the curve. Besides that 2000 people recovered the day after the president gave his speech. Yeah ok👌
Perhaps they realize that people are getting close to the end of their rope and will start working regardless of what the government says. The plan itself makes sense and I guess we will see. I am still following the same safety rules, as are many.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Oh well Alex it is best you stay home except only to visit the grocery store. Perhaps another 3 months in your house things will be safe enough out there for you to venture out. But don't rush

Reactions: bienamor

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
Perhaps they realize that people are getting close to the end of their rope and will start working regardless of what the government says. The plan itself makes sense and I guess we will see. I am still following the same safety rules, as are many.

Ah they should follow countries like Brazil who opened way to early and are suffering now
The brazilian hospitals are literally on the verge of collapsing which is freaking tragic
I dont know if the DR can handle that

alexw

Gold
Sep 6, 2008
NYC-SDQ BABY!
Oh well Alex it is best you stay home except only to visit the grocery store. Perhaps another 3 months in your house things will be safe enough out there for you to venture out. But don't rush

Thats exactly what im going to do Chico. You make sure you dont wear a mask now since youre so tough and macho! Just the flu remember. Youre chico proofed.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Ah they should follow countries like Brazil who opened way to early and are suffering now
The brazilian hospitals are literally on the verge of collapsing which is freaking tragic

Brazil is MUCH more urbanized than DR with big cities which have similar density/population to New York , so I don't think DR would follow the same pattern.

Reactions: bienamor and cavok

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Reactions: MikeFisher

Wheathead

Sep 10, 2011
Did the Brazileans really close? They has a President who was the biggest anti-social distancer who believed his people would be tougher than the virus. Not happening in the big cities.
At least the DR started to close down before the hospitals took a big hit.
Time to start to slowly resume life...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
It's what I've been saying for the longest.

FINANCIAL COLLAPSE- the bond and stock markets CHECK

ECONOMIC COLLAPSE- massive unemployment CHECK

SOCIETAL COLLAPSE- PENDING

The final stage iis one of the causative factors in political revolutions, regime change, extremist parties, coups, etc.
bringing the DR economy back to work does not have intl tourism as the 1st priority.
Tourism could NOT run without all other economy sectors running well first.

Reactions: bienamor

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the last 24hrs 2.880 tests been done.
ONLY 2.880 tests for the whole country.
and that is the Record High Number of all days since testing started.
this is Way too FEW, by far.
there should be 5.000 or even up to peaks of 10.000 tests run each day(peaks during specific activities like intervening certain areas/cities etc as done once in a while), since the Beginning of testing, EVREY Day.
hence, til now there is no real picture nor statistic which would allow to assume the number of infected, immunized etc in the DR.
the daily new infections statistic shows rising numbers primarily due the slightly rising numbers of tests done now,
not becaus emore people would get infected these days.
with barely tests done, no statistic shows any real thing, not even any real Trend, and the Trends would be the important statistical thing necessary to decide about success or failure of each reopening phase, to decide if at some point more restrictions would be necessary or a further opening could be brought on.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
the last 24hrs 2.880 tests been done.
ONLY 2.880 tests for the whole country.
and that is the Record High Number of all days since testing started.
this is Way too FEW, by far.
there should be 5.000 or even up to peaks of 10.000 tests run each day(peaks during specific activities like intervening certain areas/cities etc as done once in a while), since the Beginning of testing, EVREY Day.
hence, til now there is no real picture nor statistic which would allow to assume the number of infected, immunized etc in the DR.
the daily new infections statistic shows rising numbers primarily due the slightly rising numbers of tests done now,
not becaus emore people would get infected these days.
with barely tests done, no statistic shows any real thing, not even any real Trend, and the Trends would be the important statistical thing necessary to decide about success or failure of each reopening phase, to decide if at some point more restrictions would be necessary or a further opening could be brought on.

Don't disagree that more tests are needed for a valid statistical analysis. However, I would think that the number hospitalized is what we should be concerned with. If those are level or are decreasing, then we are on the road to victory. I don't follow the numbers so I don't know what the trends are.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Don't disagree that more tests are needed for a valid statistical analysis. However, I would think that the number hospitalized is what we should be concerned with. If those are level or are decreasing, then we are on the road to victory. I don't follow the numbers so I don't know what the trends are.
the numbers of hospitalized citizens will def rise for a while.
due the reopening, even that the government recommends citizens 60 years old and up and citizens with specific health conditions to continue with the "quedate en casa", more and more will be out and do their thing, many of those folks are part of the mirco business crowd, make money selling stuff on the streets, work small jobs to meet the needs to eat something everyday during normal times.
most families will not keep their grannies at home and take care about their food and needs.
and those are the ones who end as the hospitalized cases/numbers, not just due age, it is due the bad health conditions so many of that age group has.
so the hospitalization numbers will rise.
how much they rise will be one of the prime deciders about success or failure of a reopening phase for sure,
because if that number rises too steep, the end of the stat would be a colapse of the clinics, so restrictions would be tightened and the start of the next phase postponed, to avoid such colapse.
btw,
already yesterday many many businesses along the mainstreet here in Veron been opened.
today it looked like almost All businesses been reopened,
BUT today also the authorities been over some and reclosed.i hope they go the hard way to assure that people go in line with the rules.
who opens when not allowed or does not run by the given safety rules, should get his busines license revoked for at least a month right away.
otherwise before week's end this week we will have everything back to the old normal
and we would not need any infection statistics anymore, because the hospitals would colaps anyways by months end.
and such in the press then, THAT would be the sudden death for ourDR Tourism.

Status
Not open for further replies.