Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Maybe it is just to get past the elections just like last time and then new policies will be announced afterwards. Opening economy and keep border open but with more restrictions.

Yes I agree.. this is what I predict will happen. I think it would be crazy to close borders again right away so that I agree will stay open but restrictions hopefully back on other things soon, especially big crowds in indoor spaces! Silliness!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My question is -
Suppose the governing party changes - it will be a few weeks before they assume office

Who decides and legislates until then?
How does a 'Lame Duck' govt govern?.......in times like this where decisions are necessary

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
We live in bizzaro world........ nothing makes common sense no more...... I'm going to live my life and let the chips fall where they fall.....

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Maybe it is just to get past the elections just like last time and then new policies will be announced afterwards. Opening economy and keep border open but with more restrictions.
My wife has said the same thing. I went and voted and at my location they were an hour and twenty minutes late opening because people for one of the tables were late arriving. Once opened it was very fast as I was the third in line at my table. My wife votes at the high school and there are people scurrying in every direction there, like ants. Hopefully she won't be too long.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I also enjoy reading
Listin Diario Logo

Here a few interesting articles from todays edition.

El COVID-19 daña el sistema endocrino, según un estudio

Unos 951 casos registrados de Covid-19: otra cifra récord en RD en 24 horas

Se registran diez nuevas muertes por COVID-19 en RD; aumentan a 775

Virus comenzó a expandirse con mayor intensidad en las provincias de la zona fronteriza

Miami ordena toque de queda y cierra algunos negocios

Gran Bretaña retira cuarentena a 60 países, deja fuera a EEUU
pero no Estados Unidos, el país con más casos de COVID-19 del mundo.

Ninguna vacuna que se investiga contra la covid está suficientemente avanzada

Ninguna de las 17 vacunas que están en ensayos clínicos están los suficientemente avanzadas para pronosticar cuando podrían iniciar a producirse de una manera eficaz

EE.UU. supera por primera vez los 50.000 contagios de COVID-19 en 24 horas

Aeropuerto de Puerto Plata se prepara para reiniciar sus operaciones este sábado
A partir del 7 de julio llegarán vuelos diarios desde Nueva York y Miami.....

Yeah Baby, Just like it should be........Let them all in to spread the joy!

Eventos sociales: Así serán las celebraciones en la nueva normalidad

FESTEJO
Eventos sociales: Así serán las celebraciones en la nueva normalidad

So this doesn't address the article I mentioned. If 42% of deaths noted as from the virus "probably " were from the virus per Salud Publico, then for sure the number of deaths are inflated. Plus, no surprise to THINKING individuals median age 65 and one third with pre-existing heart problems and 20+% diabetic. I was on the beach in Sosua yesterday enjoying the beach, water, a few cold ones and friends. You for sure should stay locked down at least until 2021,

Reactions: I love Azua

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Reports are coming in that antibodies are lasting a very short time in people that have been exposed to (as in had some level) of CV19
That is the first piece of bad news that was presented in a Canadian newspaper I read recently.

I will ask you a question based upon CV19 being a corona virus: For what Corona Virus has an effective vaccine been developed?
I have no idea. That's why I asked you the source of information related to "it will be a long time".

CaribeDigital

Sep 5, 2014
Reports are coming in that antibodies are lasting a very short time in people that have been exposed to (as in had some level) of CV19
That is the first piece of bad news that was presented in a Canadian newspaper I read recently.

I will ask you a question based upon CV19 being a corona virus: For what Corona Virus has an effective vaccine been developed?
An effectice vaccine has not been developed yet. However, there are good news from Germany:

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Condolences bob.. have another friend going trough it with his wife in Santiago doesn’t look good...Santiago is a full capacity and stupidly he has to stay in hospital on couch with her chances are he is going to get it now also...for those f you that still don’t understand and it’s only Kung flu...your about to learn what happens when you don’t keep your numbers down to control it and overwhelm health care...goodluck getting any other treatments in hospitals in near future, all the best and goodluck guys..
Ban Highly infected countries Now not later...

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I knew from day one that a virus this contagious would not go anywhere if there was no herd immunity and/or no effective vaccine.
What I am seeing now is that there is no long term immunity and little chance a vaccine will be developed.

After the world tried shutdowns for months and failed, none of that is surprising to me at all. What more "catching on" do I need now?
Not everyone failed my friend... Canada doing great..to bad strongest country in the world blew it so bad over politics!

Reactions: drstock

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Condolences bob.. have another friend going trough it with his wife in Santiago doesn’t look good...Santiago is a full capacity and stupidly he has to stay in hospital on couch with her chances are he is going to get it now also...for those f you that still don’t understand and it’s only Kung flu...your about to learn what happens when you don’t keep your numbers down to control it and overwhelm health care...goodluck getting any other treatments in hospitals in near future, all the best and goodluck guys..
Ban Highly infected countries Now not later...
I don’t think it’s the right move for DR to close border again or ban countries. But maybe more restrictions and have tourists abide by them to. We have to live with it and find a way of living with it together with tourism. Visitors should have health insurance.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
I don’t think it’s the right move for DR to close border again or ban countries. But maybe more restrictions and have tourists abide by them to. We have to live with it and find a way of living with it together with tourism. Visitors should have health insurance.
What kind of restrictions? The way I see it either you shut everything down or you open everything up. Otherwise you're doing nothing on either side of this thing

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
How do you feel about another curfew?
That could be if the health care system is overwhelmed. I don’t know if that is possible though and can that work with tourism. I don’t know. But I think tourism will be limited anyway and the DR has to let the people travel here with properties, business or family and I don’t think they can administer that and better just open up for all visitors. With the border its either close it or open it.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
U
unless u ban countries that are out of control majority of people won’t come no matter how safe politicians say DR is ... majority of people aren’t stupid no matter what a leader of country says... this is Slow time John why risk allowing out of control countries in to make matters worse right now...what a waist of 3 months of quarantine to ruin it in a month of foreign travellers from trouble spots in slow time.. short term gains long term losses

Status
Not open for further replies.