Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
The Netherlands have paid €350 million to a company for the vaccine while the UK just signed a deal worth approx €600 million.
More countries have done that, wouldn't be surprised if the DR hasn't done it.
Corona is BIG BUSINESS!!

Reactions: chico bill

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Regarding a certain medical facility in Santiago, I have read postings here stating they were at 107% - 103% - and 100% capacity.
Who is correct? Who is not?

From my experiences, public hospitals are usually at or near capacity all of the time, because they are public hospitals.

If you are a foreign resident, or long term stayer here within the RD, you have absolutely 0 reason to frequent public hospitals. It is upon you to assure that you have the proper plans in place to visit private clinicas for treatment.

If you expect the best possible treatment for yourself in your home nation, why on Earth would you settle for far less in a foreign nation?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Regarding a certain medical facility in Santiago, I have read postings here stating they were at 107% - 103% - and 100% capacity.
Who is correct? Who is not?

From my experiences, public hospitals are usually at or near capacity all of the time, because they are public hospitals.

If you are a foreign resident, or long term stayer here within the RD, you have absolutely 0 reason to frequent public hospitals. It is upon you to assure that you have the proper plans in place to visit private clinicas for treatment.

If you expect the best possible treatment for yourself in your home nation, why on Earth would you settle for far less in a foreign nation?
It should be required by visitors to have an insurance and for residency

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
As mentioned by jd420 yesterday, a high positivity rate is not a true reflection of the reality of the situation, because it shows that the right persons are being tested. If you exhibit these symptoms, it would only be rational thinking to expect the outcome to be positive.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
It should be required by visitors to have an insurance and for residency

This would be a very tough measure to implement, and one that I do not know that I am all that in favour of.
What example could be used?
I am very hesitant to see the government put their fingers in the mixing bowl through mandatory regulations and requirements.
My assertion is based more towards one's personal responsibility.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
This would be a very tough measure to implement, and one that I do not know that I am all that in favour of.
I am very hesitant to see the government put their fingers in the mixing bowl through mandatory regulations and requirements.
So what do you call the testing at the airport ?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
So what do you call the testing at the airport ?

I think it is ridiculous. I never stated that I was in agreement with this measure.
All along I stated that airports should not have opened to foreigners until at least 1 September.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
My memory seems to think that Cuba requires insurance. Unfortunately my memory is not so good.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
The Netherlands have paid €350 million to a company for the vaccine while the UK just signed a deal worth approx €600 million.
More countries have done that, wouldn't be surprised if the DR hasn't done it.
Corona is BIG BUSINESS!!

Costa Rican health authorities said Monday that the country plans to resume its use of hydroxychloroquine to treat coronavirus patients.

The announcement came from Román Macaya, the executive president of the Costa Rican Social Security System (CCSS), even as he acknowledged the drug’s efficacy against COVID-19 has not yet been proven.

“Efficacy is something we have to answer with a clinical study,” Macaya said.

The CCSS had temporarily stopped using hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 in late May after a study published in The Lancet prompted the World Health Organization (WHO) to do the same.

That study — which indicated that using the drug on hospitalized coronavirus patients could increase their chances of dying — has since come under independent criticism, and the WHO has resumed its own hydroxychloroquine study.

In Costa Rica, all patients — including those with minor symptoms or who are asymptomatic — are offered the option to take hydroxychloroquine upon their diagnosis, as long as they don’t have contraindications to the drug, Macaya said.

The country has provided the drug to coronavirus patients since conferencing with Chinese experts in April, according to Mario Ruíz, Medical Manager of the CCSS.

Costa Rica has a low case fatality rate (.75%), and fewer than 5% of known active coronavirus cases are currently hospitalized.

“We can’t say that’s a result of this medication, but we can’t discard it either,” Macaya said last month. The CCSS has not released data comparing the outcomes of patients treated with hydroxychloroquine to other methods.

On Monday, Macaya suggested that CCSS’s commitment to daily check-in calls for everyone infected with SARS-CoV-2 has helped keep deaths low.

The daily conversations and ongoing symptom tracking ensure that patients are hospitalized at the appropriate time, Macaya said.

Maybe they should start using it in the DR.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Costa Rican health authorities said Monday that the country plans to resume its use of hydroxychloroquine to treat coronavirus patients.

The announcement came from Román Macaya, the executive president of the Costa Rican Social Security System (CCSS), even as he acknowledged the drug’s efficacy against COVID-19 has not yet been proven.

The CCSS had temporarily stopped using hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 in late May after a study published in The Lancet prompted the World Health Organization (WHO) to do the same.

That study — which indicated that using the drug on hospitalized coronavirus patients could increase their chances of dying — has since come under independent criticism, and the WHO has resumed its own hydroxychloroquine study.

In Costa Rica, all patients — including those with minor symptoms or who are asymptomatic — are offered the option to take hydroxychloroquine upon their diagnosis, as long as they don’t have contraindications to the drug, Macaya said.

The country has provided the drug to coronavirus patients since conferencing with Chinese experts in April, according to Mario Ruíz, Medical Manager of the CCSS.

Costa Rica has a low case fatality rate (.75%), and fewer than 5% of known active coronavirus cases are currently hospitalized.

“We can’t say that’s a result of this medication, but we can’t discard it either,” Macaya said last month. The CCSS has not released data comparing the outcomes of patients treated with hydroxychloroquine to other methods.

On Monday, Macaya suggested that CCSS’s commitment to daily check-in calls for everyone infected with SARS-CoV-2 has helped keep deaths low.

The daily conversations and ongoing symptom tracking ensure that patients are hospitalized at the appropriate time, Macaya said.

I get it you want it to work! It doesn’t no matter what Potus says it doesn’t help much... posting a two month old article does not help your case....Better stick with witch Doctor and alien sperm you posted yesterday...

Reactions: drstock

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008

Why Frank ?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Someone will post a covid test result form on the net and from that point onward everyone will have the exact same document with a different date.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Someone will post a covid test result form on the net and from that point onward everyone will have the exact same document with a different date.
How do you spell your family name? And how many copies would you like 400 peso 20 lb paper 500 peso 30 lb paper

Status
Not open for further replies.