Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2009
Are you ok
Screenshot_20200730-133105.png

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Oh for God's sake.
It is all very fine and dandy to spout that argument like so much libertarian literature but when the itshay hits the anfay, and the going gets real, it is a whole different story.
What do we do with the dam fool who arrives in the D.R. with no travel/accident insurance and gets sick or has an accident a few days in?
Should we honor his all-mighty "libertarian" right and leave him on the side of the road to die like a dog?
Or do we do the humanitarian thing and deal with his injuries/illness?
Do you have any idea how much time is spent and expense incurred by multiple parties dealing with the guy with the libertarian rights?
Suffice it to say that... his right will, in fact, constitute an obligation on many men living.
Many people say that libertarianism is just another word for narcissism.
Really touched a nerve there I see. As a Libertarian, I can certainly say that it is everyone's right, in my opinion, to do what they want within the laws.
Yes I understand the rights are costly . They always have been and always will be. Wars are fought constantly for them.

At this time the DR has no laws about people being required to have insurance. The USA tried that, to some extent, and it didn't work out.

If you are on the DR and don't have local or travel insurance then you either get treated at a public hospital, or pay a private clinic or they won't let you leave until you do. It is all about personal responsibility and some people do not get that concept.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Well I can see my views are somehow considered extreme left or something. But yes I am ok. I will have another cortadito.

Reactions: slowmo

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I already did after reading fly's sad, lonely post. The paramedics were great. They had masks and gloves and sprayed a H2O2 mist on my arm before injecting me with Thorazine. Now I'm on my second grande and drooling away.
You should try natural homo Pathic ways treat disease THC brings on paranoia so don’t use that...I hid in basement for week once..

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Well I can see my views are somehow considered extreme left or something. But yes I am ok. I will have another cortadito.
Me too. My problem is I am having a hard understanding libertarianism. Our self proclaimed libertarian thinks it is swell for the state to round up law abiding citizens and throw them in jail overnight.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Me too. My problem is I am having a hard understanding libertarianism. Our self proclaimed libertarian thinks it is swell for the state to round up law abiding citizens and throw them in jail overnight.
I’m still trying to fiquire out pansexual...

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
you could make the argument that is exactly why a foreigner should be required to have an insurance so they don’t become the DRs problem in a public hospital. Public hospitals are for Dominicans.

You ever see the inside of a public hospital here?
The DR does not have to worry about spending money on foreigners in their public hospitals as the quality of care and general conditions are sad and cannot cost much to keep in such a pathetic condition.
I would not bring my dog for treatment in a public hospital.
No foreigner coming to the DR would stay more than 5 minutes if they are ambulatory.
Foreigners and Dominicans who can afford it all go to private care facilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.