Corrupt Immigration Officer at Puerto Plata Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Abuse of Public Resources, Joblessness, Undereducation, and Flesh Rentals are the Dominican contribution to the world.

If you don't like people that break the law, then you don't like the essence of the Dominican species. The dominican way is to abuse/get over/take advantage at all costs.

When I get stopped by the police in the DR, I just throw 100 pesos in there faces and pull off.

Guess what Manigault! this is not the only island in the caribbean, you are very welcome to move to another island. If you hate the corruption so much, why don't you move to Puerto Rico or Bermuda.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Guess what Manigault! this is not the only island in the caribbean, you are very welcome to move to another island. If you hate the corruption so much, why don't you move to Puerto Rico or Bermuda.
Fortunately, he does not live here, but he says he likes to visit here, to exploit the Dominicans.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
but i was extremely fed up at people coming here to tell us Dominican how bad we run our country.

Actually, I would say it is more of an example that your country doesn't run/work at all and is a bordeline failed state. Come on, Puerto Ricans laugh at the DR...

Puerto Rican shouldn't laught at us Dominican, because before they became a U.S. colony, they used to come here in YOLAS to cut the sugancane, the same job that Haitian do now, and we Dominican welcome them, and intergrated them to our society, we even have 2 president of Puerto Rican decent, Juaquin Balaguer and Juan Bosch.

Puerto Rican seems to forget their history quite fast.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
When I get stopped by the police in the DR. I answer their questions and they let me go. I don't have to throw not even 1 peso. I know there is a lot of corruption in the DR. and it's obvious that you are encouraging it.

Undereducation!! Well well, educated people don't throw nothing in the face of other people.

Why do they stop you then?

If not for this?

In one country cop stops you to impress with his superpower and to make you feel miserable and helpless against the huge government/police establishment.

In another - just to get a little propina. Nice and easy. And instead of this mere hundred pesos you teach him a lesson? Because you are educated?

OK.

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
Well when I arrive the guy always tells me "if you pay me 500 pesos" I won't even look in your bag"
Are you referring to DR Customs? If you look on the back of the new, recently issued DR Customs forms, the allowance for bringing various things duty free into the DR in your luggage is pretty darn generous, more so than most other Caribbean countries. I have been traveling to the DR for many years and have never had an official ask for money. If you look around the baggage claim and customs area, at least at SDQ, you will see plenty of "observers" watching every move. I think it would be difficult for an official to pocket a "propina" without being seen.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
"I think it would be difficult for an official to pocket a "propina" without being seen."

You're kidding, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.