COSTAMBAR ILLEGAL DRUGS, Punto de Droga "La Laguna", Costambar, Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
costambar,
Given the nationality you have mentioned, that also gives you another option. The Canadian Consul for PP, Tim Hall, has lived here a very long time and is knowledgeable about the risks of reporting such activity. It might be an idea to have a word with him? If the activity is as blatant as you say, then info to this effect may have already reached him. He probably wouldn't divulge that to you, because of the confidentiality issue, but he may well act on it, which is, after all, what your objective is.

Our problem on this board is that we don't know you and whilst we're not disbelieving what you say, we have to be mindful that this could be an argument between 2 groups of gringos (it wouldn't be the first time the board has been used for that!). Plus also the post was made on April 1st. I believe. You have been very specific about the address and as far as I'm aware this is a private residence and not a business - I stand to be corrected on that if I'm wrong. It could be that the residents of that address are already reading this..................

However, I would absolutely support the advice not to use your own phone (or the number of a friend!) and not to use your own email address. If you have a trusted Dominican friend who is no way connected with drugs and who has some influence in PP you could alternatively refer the problem to them.

Wish you well.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Sorry, I missed the 'edit' window. Just wanted to say to BigRich...........basically something unprintable but for now I'll stick with the observation that you appear to be a tourist and not a resident. Do not presume to speak for resident foreigners here on this board or in the DR. As Rocky & Squat (both long term residents) say, most of us care enormously about this problem because we remember the days when it wasn't so. And I actually believe that most tourists care deeply about the issue too. BigRich, you're in a minority so please don't try to give the impression that you know what you are talking about. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it isn't happening. There are many brave foreign residents doing all sorts of things behind the scenes, quietly so that they protect their own skins. There is even one in the Samana area who publically collects data on crime etc. Most foreign residents are not apathetic on this issue: if they don't know how to handle it they pass it on to someone who does.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Perhaps you would have to read the link I posted.......

Denuncia en Línea
You could post ANONYMOUS "Datos del Denunciante (Esta parte es opcional)"
It's just a "form" to report drug related activities. No I.P. will be collected and if paranoia struck, use a Internet cafe as Rocky suggested.

Any drug related activities should be reported!

WebDev

WebDev,

Perhaps you would like to explain that anyone who wants to anonymously report something should definitely not do it via the website or by e-mail. I would recommend, as someone else did, a public phone, or at least a phone that isn't associated with you.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
What is wrong on using the web site, to report

Add:
Or ask somebody from outside of DR to posted for you. Just do it!

WebDev

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Well............there is paranoia and then there is extremely realistic caution. Particularly when you read about the newly graduated DNCD agent (you know, one of the good ones being brought in to replace the large group who were fired for being involved in drugs business) who had a throat infection & took an ampoule of penicillin to the hospital to be injected and died, apparently as a result.............??? He was due to be appointed to PP airport, by the way. OK it could all be co-incidental, but..........leaves few questions.
El Nacional, la voz de todos
Homicide Dept. is carrying out an investigation.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I read the link you posted, it might or might not be true

Denuncia en L?*nea
You could post ANONYMOUS "Datos del Denunciante (Esta parte es opcional)"
It's just a "form" to report drug related activities. No I.P. will be collected and if paranoia struck, use a Internet cafe as Rocky suggested.

Any drug related activities should be reported!

WebDev

Dear WebDev,

Even if you were the DNCD or .gov.do/.mil.do webmaster you couldn't necessarily guarantee the anonymity of anyone who made a report via that web site. Please don't misunderstand, I am not trying to suggest you don't already know all this. My aim is to prevent anyone misinterpreting what you wrote as a guarantee that their identity would be concealed if they ratted someone out via webDNCD. The truth is that it might or it might not. After all, strict anti telephone eavesdropping laws have been flouted by all levels of government, military and civilian society for years.

My message is nothing more than: if you want to conceal your identity whilst making a report, do not rely on DNCD promises to do it.

C

costambar

In PP they change many dncd, police and some DAs about every 3 months.

Rocky, drug dalers are no allways black. If you are from Costambar ask around about these people, if you care.

Lambada,
I am not a tourist.
Yes, this house is residential. If you are so familiar with Costambar, and you dont know me, whay you dont ask someone you know to confirm ...

Last week the canadians treathened to kill small dominican child who live nerby at the same street, tourist police was called by mother of the child, many witnessess confirmed his complaint, but politur done nothing.

I beallive that many DR officials have someone read this board for them, because so many posts, to find what gringos are saying about dominicans.
Maybe this discussion alone will help to getr rid of the drug dealers.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Maybe............and no I don't think you're a tourist (those remarks were for BigRich). I think you've been here longer than I have.......;)

Whose idea was it to call Politur? National Police have got to be your better bet, every time. The Dominicans living there must know that, surely? Or was the worry that National Police would refer to DNCD and we're none of us certain that the fine upstanding folk in DNCD are...........fine upstanding folk!

C

costambar

I dont know whos idea was to call politur, perhaps they knew one is stationed on the beach.

But for any arrest not immediatelly winessed by policemen, there is must be issued order of arrest by penal judge, then arrest must be effectuated in presence of DA or assitant DA, under the new penal code.

The child victim is from the family of locally known german chef Peter.
Those from Costambar ask him, please.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky, drug dalers are no allways black. If you are from Costambar ask around about these people, if you care.
Did I say something about drug dealers being black?
I am not in Costambar, but I do care.
If my advice sounded like I didn't care, it wasn't meant to.
I care very much, as I also care about your well being.

C

costambar

Sorry Rocky, I misunderstood, I thought you reacted too fast after I wrote canadians.

The blacks I placed there like ironic joke, since all complains in this board are generally against colored people.

C

costambar

Sorry, I know you did not say anything about blacks, it was ironic joke.

I also misunderstood, I thought after my writing "canadians", you reacted too vigurously so I thought that you are happy canadian from Costambar.

I know you care.

C

costambar

Community Divided

It seems the DR1 community is divided on:
1. No to drugs
and
2. I don't care

I only speek for myself, not for the whole ex pats community. I say no to drugs.

My Answer to Rocky:

I know you care, I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

I know you did not say anything about blacks, it was my ironious joke, then my mistake was I thought, that you were happy canadian from Costambar, becouse after I wrote "canadians", you vigurously answered.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
as I also care about your well being.

Yes, probably best not to give too many clues as to your identity at this stage, costambar.

Rocky is a Canadian, btw, but not from Costambar.

I think we all say no to drugs, I'm sure everyone who has lived here any length of time can see the difference now to 5 years ago.

There are Costambar people who post on this board. I wonder if any of them will comment on this issue?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yes, probably best not to give too many clues as to your identity at this stage, costambar.

Rocky is a Canadian, btw, but not from Costambar.

I think we all say no to drugs, I'm sure everyone who has lived here any length of time can see the difference now to 5 years ago.

There are Costambar people who post on this board. I wonder if any of them will comment on this issue?
Drug dealers read message boards too and they must not be happy to see themselves being exposed on the www.
Perhaps the OP can rally some of the neighbourhood together to defeat the problem.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It seems the DR1 community is divided on:
1. No to drugs
and
2. I don't care .
As Lambada mentioned, DR1ers are of the "NO" to drug opinion.
We are painfully aware that the vast majority of violent crime, stems from the drug problem.

I thought, that you were happy canadian from Costambar.
I understand.
I highly doubt that the drug dealers will come onto this forum and try to defend their position.
One of the clues to look for, if you doubt a poster's sincerity, is the amount of posts he has.
If he has more than 100 posts, you can be pretty sure he is a regular DR1er and isn't just replying to you to be a troublemaker.
When in doubt, you can contact a moderator by PM. (Chris, Rick Snyder, El Tigre, Anna)

C

costambar

Stop Seeling Drugs To Kids!

They should stop to sell drugs to kids, both dr and gringos!

jcarn

Jun 28, 2004
I think drugs are a very big problem nowadays in DR. While I was in Sosua, in march I was offered to buy drugs 3 times. One offer on the street for weed by a shady motoconcho driver while walking to the orange store. Another offer for weed on the street on another day. Then after taking a motoconcho I was offered coke by the driver after I told him I was cuban. I said no to all of these offers. Come to think of it, most of the people offering appeared to be motoconcho drivers or at least were standing next to a bunch of motoconchos.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I think drugs are a very big problem nowadays in DR. While I was in Sosua, in march I was offered to buy drugs 3 times. One offer on the street for weed by a shady motoconcho driver while walking to the orange store. Another offer for weed on the street on another day. Then after taking a motoconcho I was offered coke by the driver after I told him I was cuban. I said no to all of these offers. Come to think of it, most of the people offering appeared to be motoconcho drivers or at least were standing next to a bunch of motoconchos.
Motoconchos offer fast getaways.

Status
Not open for further replies.