COSTAMBAR ILLEGAL DRUGS, Punto de Droga "La Laguna", Costambar, Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dominicangringo

This is very bad what they are doing, why do not residents from Costambar stand up?

C

concernedcitizen

For those it may concern.
Owner of the house where the suspects live La Laguna #1, Costambar, Puerto Plata, was sentenced by PP penal court and affirmed by supreme court to 6 months in prison, RD$700.000 fine plus court costs and RD$200.000 restitution to victim for reclessly driving and injuring pasola pasanger.

What I understand from the sentence she did not appear in supreme proceedings and one may guess what was next....

There is nice company in La Laguna #1 ....

C

concernedcitizen

Conculta Sentencias SCJ.

It is in spanish, I was allwed by board rules to post link on cecond post.

Owner of the house where the suspects live La Laguna #1, Costambar, Puerto Plata, was sentenced by PP penal court and affirmed by supreme court to 6 months in prison, RD$700.000 fine plus court costs and RD$200.000 restitution to victim for reclessly driving and injuring pasola pasanger.

What I understand from the sentence she did not appear in supreme proceedings and one may guess what was next....

BigRich

Mar 31, 2007
Reply to the Prohibitionists

I am not a regular poster, I have far less than 100 posts, nor am I a drug dealer. But I would like to shed some light on the situation.

The fact is that violent crime is a side effect of drug usage. I don't think that can be disputed.

However, that side effect is an artificial one created by the society that outlaws drugs. There are three factors at play.

The first is that people on drugs need money to buy drugs. Because the drugs are illegal, the markup is terrific because those who are risking jail won't bother unless it is worth their while.

For those of you who smoke or drink, imagine if cigarettes were $30 a pack and were relatively difficult to come by. And beer was $20 a can.

And testing was done regularly by your job and you would be terminated if they kept finding nicotine or alcohol in your urine or hair. Some would just quit. But many others would simply find the $20 or $30 the best way that they could, and without a job, or prospects, because you are a junkie, there are a limited number of ways that pay off.

The secone is shady lifestyle. With just the posession of substances being illegal, those who indulge are on the fringes of life with all of the other fringers. Living a life of deception all the time takes it's toll on you physically, mentally and spiritually. Imagine if you had to buy your cigarettes or alcohol from some elusive character on the street or back in the alley. How would you feel about yourself? How would you feel about other people and the society that is doing it to you?

The third thing is related to the second. It is the concept of desensitization. Living any lifestyle becomes the norm for you. When your chosen lifestyle is made to be criminal, the only response is to have no regard for criminal laws. Therefore, you are more likely to violate any law.

Prohibition ALWAYS breeds a subculture that will simply depart from the main culture. We saw that during Alcohol Prohibition. We still have the mafia today as a result.

People still drink, some to access, but, rarely, does a drunk assault someone to get money for another drink. When it was illegal, they certainly did. I can only imagine what would happen if the sale and posession of cigarettes were outlawed.

But somehow, we just won't learn. The more things that are illegal to simply posess, the more people that you will have who are simply outside of the law and, thus, have no problems with violating any other law, such as assault, and even murder.

The creation of that subculture is a conscious decision of that society. It is no accident. Therefore, all such murders are committed by those who continue that prohibition. They should be held responsible.

As Lambada mentioned, DR1ers are of the "NO" to drug opinion.
We are painfully aware that the vast majority of violent crime, stems from the drug problem.

I understand.
I highly doubt that the drug dealers will come onto this forum and try to defend their position.
One of the clues to look for, if you doubt a poster's sincerity, is the amount of posts he has.
If he has more than 100 posts, you can be pretty sure he is a regular DR1er and isn't just replying to you to be a troublemaker.
When in doubt, you can contact a moderator by PM. (Chris, Rick Snyder, El Tigre, Anna)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I am not a regular poster, I have far less than 100 posts, nor am I a drug dealer.
I did not mean to insinuate that a new poster, or one with few posts has no opinions of value. I was mentioning that to the OP, to assist him in understanding who's who on DR1, but also to point out that he is also a new poster himself, and none of us here know if what he is telling us is factual.
One develops a reputation with time and activity on this forum, and in time, the general public gets to know the level of sincerity coming from a given poster, while it is difficult to establish how genuine a post is, coming from someone we don't know.

But I would like to shed some light on the situation.
The fact is that violent crime is a side effect of drug usage.
For the most part, that is true, however there are exceptions, like Crack, for example.
The mental & emotional distortions it causes, could also drive a person to a whole assortment of insane behaviours, including violence.
Furthermore, some drugs are extremely dangerous for one's physical and/or mental health, so unfortunately, the solution is not quite as simple as just legalizing drugs, then violent crime will cease,
I wish it was that simple, but it's not.

We often mention that violent crime is perpetuated by some drugs, ie: Crack, as the offending criminal may be in a state of desperation to get the funds necessary to pay for his addiction, but it is also true that drugs, such as Crack, empower a person to do things outside the realms of normal behaviour, which can include being violent with other people.
Certain drugs will allow a person to cross barriers he/she would not normally cross.

Therefore, all such murders are committed by those who continue that prohibition. They should be held responsible.
Although you make a lot of good points in your post, these last two sentences are simply flawed logic.
It is illegal to own a nuclear bomb, but you could hardly hold the lawmakers responsible for the actions of the person who does own and use one.

Putting all of the above aside, for a moment, I ask you this.
How would you feel if you found out that your brilliant well behaved 13 year old daughter, was frying her brain on Crack?
How would you feel when she told you to screw off with your stupid adult rules and regulations about drugs, while she stopped going to school and went about her life doing insane things, that eventually led to her death?
HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Conculta Sentencias SCJ.

It is in spanish, I was allwed by board rules to post link on cecond post.

Unless you are willing to let us know who you are, and that you can be identified as a serious poster, we take eveything you say with a grain of salt.
What you say, may or may not be true, but until it can be substantiated, do not expect any help from us.
I might mention that the little checking I could do from afar, has provided no evidence whatsoever of the allegations being made here.
If it is true and you want to post it here, put some evidence on the table, or have it substantiated by someone of known good reputation.

C

concernedcitizen

Rocky, you forgot to click on this link Conculta Sentencias SCJ.
There is the sentence aginst the owner of said house.

This is website suprema gov do - dominican supreme court, this is pretty high authority, this is exactly "evidence on the table" but it is in spanish, I know it is english speaking forum.You can roughly translate in AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation write there the page url.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky, you forgot to click on this link Conculta Sentencias SCJ.
There is the sentence aginst the owner of said house.

This is website suprema gov do - dominican supreme court, this is pretty high authority, this is exactly "evidence on the table" but it is in spanish, I know it is english speaking forum.You can roughly translate in AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation write there the page url.
I understand the Supreme court decision, however, other than the common address mentioned in the OP, there is no mention of any drug related charges to any Canadians.
The sentence posted concerns a vehicular accident that occurred in August of the year 2000.
I am not saying that your OP is or is not true.
I simply don't know, and a Supreme Court decision concerning a traffic accident 7 years ago, offers no proof, one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.