Crossing my fingers! (Job Opportunity in PC)

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Danny's Sports Bar. Got it! I was just talking to my friend (the one that also will be moving down in August) and we were discussing what our itinerary will be as we have a week of "settling in"
before the school year starts. The first two days will be spent getting over the shock that we actually just left everything behind and moved to start a new life (together!) in PC. After that we will be looking for the fun stuff to do. Danny's is now on the list! So far we just have the beach and IKEA...

Thank you for any and all suggestions!

xo[/QUOTE]

Much better restaurants and bars than dannys, food prices are outrageous for the quality and $4 bucks plus for a beer, forget it.. you can find much better not to mention the place changes owners every 2 years.. That little strip is generally a meeting area for sankies and other assorted expat trash.. :smoke:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Tango", thanks for letting me know about "Danny's".
It's now on my "Bucket List" of "Must CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCs"!!!
Sounds like MY kind of place.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCyou there?????????????????????????????
c
Too Many "CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCs" already.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Hello,

I have spent many days studying these forums and finally have decided to join. I have a job interview today for a school in Punta Cana (via Skype) and I really hope that I get it. My friend has already been hired, she's from England, and leaves in August to move into her apartment (provided by the school) I hope to be joining her! I am from Boston but have spent time all over the Caribbean for work. I have been living back in Boston for 8 months now and I have come to realize I am no longer the city girl I prided myself on being.

I hate the city rush, the cold weather, and the PUSH for me to get married and have children, ugh, the pretentiousness of it all. I miss the tropical weather, the food, the casual care-free living, and the simplicity. I will be happy working with children, lounging on the beach on off days, and stuffing my face with arroz con frijoles (I have family living in Puerto Rico so my Spanish is, mediocre at best).

Because of my travels I have some friends already in PC working at the resorts and if I get this job I will be able to work with my friend from England again.

I really hope I get this job! I will have many questions that follow if I do...

xo
If you don't get the job contact me regarding an alternative - send resume to

Last edited by a moderator:

sammy85430

Mar 31, 2004
Concerning Dannys. Wow you are so wrong! Typical of someone on here posting just to show their complete ignorance lol! You must have been kicked out of there at one time or another for such an idiotic statement....clueless!

Last edited:

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Concerning Dannys. Wow you are so wrong! Typical of someone on here posting just to show their complete ignorance lol! You must have been kicked out of there at one time or another for such an idiotic statement....clueless!

The bakery to the left of Dannys is NICE, not bad for PC.. I'll admit Dannys has those cheap pizzas upstairs if you are starving. Personally its just me and my friends don't like the place or the ambiance..

sammy85430

Mar 31, 2004
Danny's Sports Bar. Got it! I was just talking to my friend (the one that also will be moving down in August) and we were discussing what our itinerary will be as we have a week of "settling in"
before the school year starts. The first two days will be spent getting over the shock that we actually just left everything behind and moved to start a new life (together!) in PC. After that we will be looking for the fun stuff to do. Danny's is now on the list! So far we just have the beach and IKEA...

Thank you for any and all suggestions!

xo

Much better restaurants and bars than dannys, food prices are outrageous for the quality and $4 bucks plus for a beer, forget it.. you can find much better not to mention the place changes owners every 2 years.. That little strip is generally a meeting area for sankies and other assorted expat trash.. :smoke:[/QUOTE]

Beer is $100 pesos or $120....$4? Where did you go to school at lol? Lol and some of your nicest people from all walks of life go there! Zero, nada "sankies".....what is a sankie exactly lmao?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Much better restaurants and bars than dannys, food prices are outrageous for the quality and $4 bucks plus for a beer, forget it.. you can find much better not to mention the place changes owners every 2 years.. That little strip is generally a meeting area for sankies and other assorted expat trash.. :smoke:

Beer is $100 pesos or $120....$4? Where did you go to school at lol? Lol and some of your nicest people from all walks of life go there! Zero, nada "sankies".....what is a sankie exactly lmao?[/QUOTE]

Look dannys sports bar is considered a hole by 90% of the condo owners in the area.. The kitchen consits of an unsanitary hot dog type cart guy in the front, have you looked at it, its filthy, and there are no inspectors coming around going to save some poor tourist from getting food poisoning..

Inside Dannys is an OLD ugly pool table that needs to re surfaced badly in the middle of the room, the furniture is all broken the chairs are uneven... Maybe you like a run down type fake sports bar...

Its not personal, im just stating what myself and at least many others already know..

sammy85430

Mar 31, 2004
Beer is $100 pesos or $120....$4? Where did you go to school at lol? Lol and some of your nicest people from all walks of life go there! Zero, nada "sankies".....what is a sankie exactly lmao?

Look dannys sports bar is considered a hole by 90% of the condo owners in the area.. The kitchen consits of an unsanitary hot dog type cart guy in the front, have you looked at it, its filthy, and there are no inspectors coming around going to save some poor tourist from getting food poisoning..

Inside Dannys is an OLD ugly pool table that needs to re surfaced badly in the middle of the room, the furniture is all broken the chairs are uneven... Maybe you like a run down type fake sports bar...

Its not personal, im just stating what myself and at least many others already know..[/QUOTE]

Lol OK to each their own! I guess we will just agree to disagree! I enjoy it. But not to say I disagree or agree on all your points. Maybe you can invite me to one of your hangouts sometime and let me experience something better. After all, I am relatively new to the area. Enjoy your night.

drdirectional

Aug 6, 2011
www.pristinepads.com
Congratulations Boston. Where will you be teaching? what grade levels, subjects? I have a daughter about to start school soon, and we haven't selected a school yet.
By the way, Danny's is ok on certain nights, they have special venues that are worth going to. Check out Onno's on the beach in cortecito. They are recently opened and have excellent happy hour food and drink specials. Bavaro is very clique as you will soon find out. I hope that you meet the right people from the start and make the best of your journey. Good luck!

BostonBabyyy

Jun 20, 2013
Thank you for the recommendations! My roommate and I are looking forward to Danny's. She's from Liverpool and I am from Boston so dive bars would make us feel right at home. We were reading the reviews from the other posters on Danny's and both of us found it quite funny that the shady description made it seem like the perfect place for us! I will send you a PM with more details in regards to the school.

xo

BostonBabyyy

Jun 20, 2013
Sounds like you drink on Dot ave. Life is a journey, not a race. Good luck on the new job.

I was born and raised in Dorchester! Blarney Stone is my favorite Dot Ave bar! Wow, I guess it's true:

"you can take the girl out of Dorchester but you can't take the Dorchester out of the girl!"

Nothing like being spotted from a mile away lol xo

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Lower Mills pub is my dive of choice. Use your Dot smarts and think of all the sankies as Southie rats. And i am sure it will be nice not having to use your kitchen chair to save your parking spot this winter. I hope not to also. Enjoy and be careful out there.