Crossing my fingers! (Job Opportunity in PC)

BostonBabyyy

Jun 20, 2013
Thank you for the tip! I like the "Southie rats" comparison, too funny.

Oh, and now I want a sub from Pat's! xo

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'm from "Slummerville"!
Now that "Whitey" is in the "Can", I'm thinking of going back to "Winter Hill" to take over!
Great "Subs", and GREAT Sea Food", you can't get either one here.
18 year old "Chicas" who won't "MACE" me, I CAN get THOSE HERE!!!!
"GO SOX"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Union Square, still a good place at night.
When you take over Winthrop make sure you go to Rossetti's Cafe.
Had some good Greek style pizza in the City of Sin a few months ago.
Chicken lobsters at 5 bucks a pound.
After last winter instead of 4 trips a year i decided to be a snow bird. 1 long one all winter.
Please try not to damage all the 18 yr old chicas before i get there.

mxcutie

Jan 12, 2010
Which school will you be teaching at? PCIS? I am from Canada and have been living in PC for 3 years.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Not To Worry Jumbo!!!!!!
The DR is like "Frito Lay, when it comes to "18 Year Old Chicas",... "Munch All You want, We'll Just make MORE"!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

sammy85430

Mar 31, 2004
Thank you for the recommendations! My roommate and I are looking forward to Danny's. She's from Liverpool and I am from Boston so dive bars would make us feel right at home. We were reading the reviews from the other posters on Danny's and both of us found it quite funny that the shady description made it seem like the perfect place for us! I will send you a PM with more details in regards to the school.

xo

First beer is on me at Danny's! Then let's get sick eating from the filthy kitchen. After dinner we can play pool on a crappy old table that needs recovered. Maybe we can mess with the "sankies" and meet some of the assorted expat trash that hangs out there too lol! And lastly we will get a late night cheap pizza!

BostonBabyyy

Jun 20, 2013
Can't wait to try a Presidente! Anywhere I travel local beer is a prerequisite. I'll miss you Wachusett Blueberry :(

xo

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
BostonBabyy I have sent you a pm. Congratulations on your teaching position :classic:

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Well, I guess I you can all now call me CaptnExpatTrash. Just got back home from P.C., (or is that back to the States from "HOME"??? it's getting confusing these days... LOL)... anyway... just back from 2 weeks on the island, and ate at DSB three times... and might have gone even more if left to my own devices. Love the burgers... (yep... even in the D.R. you can get a good burger.) Also mildly "in love" with the super-cute waitress that worked her stunning tail off one night with our very large group.

Danny's Sports Bar. Got it! I was just talking to my friend (the one that also will be moving down in August) and we were discussing what our itinerary will be as we have a week of "settling in"
before the school year starts. The first two days will be spent getting over the shock that we actually just left everything behind and moved to start a new life (together!) in PC. After that we will be looking for the fun stuff to do. Danny's is now on the list! So far we just have the beach and IKEA...

Thank you for any and all suggestions!

xo

Much better restaurants and bars than dannys, food prices are outrageous for the quality and $4 bucks plus for a beer, forget it.. you can find much better not to mention the place changes owners every 2 years.. That little strip is generally a meeting area for sankies and other assorted expat trash.. :smoke:[/QUOTE]

BostonBabyyy

Jun 20, 2013
I've been here since Saturday! I'm all settled into my new apartment, the beach is 10 minutes away, and I have taken my life in my hands on the back of a motor bike (thank God for speed bumps haha). I love the weather and I'm so grateful for the constant breeze. Met with the other teachers today and I'm really excited for the school year. Thank you everyone who has sent me well wishes and information on things to do in the area. Now that I'm here, I will be able to experience firsthand all of the topics I've read so much about.

Enjoy the day! xo