Danilo Medina is back in the DR

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I think you and JD are handwaiving this
Honestly, I think you're too far away and isolated from what's cooking here in the country. When I was working in Cabrera it was like being on a deserted island.
The most excitement I experienced was talking to the slim girl with big ba-booms in the internet cafe at the gas station.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Honestly, I think you're too far away and isolated from what's cooking here in the country. When I was working in Cabrera it was like being on a deserted island.
The most excitement I experienced was talking to the slim girl with big ba-booms in the internet cafe at the gas station.
You see there you go again! Your reply is a distraction. Where has there been progress?
1. Certain tourism infrastructure
2. Road paving (not as grand scale as you make it seem, this was going on long before Abinader)
3. Water sources? Ok a few towns
4. Corruption? Ok going after political opponents

Where are we failing big time?
1. Education
2. Food costs, power costs, general cost of living
3. Electricity, easy we are 10 years ago
4. Still no water to most .poor areas. Constant water shut-off
5. Corruption in PN, corruption in power management, corruption in legal system, corruption at the municipal level.

You may have some valid points but I just see the same ole rate of progress! It's just business as usual

Reactions: JD Jones and aarhus

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I go back to when Education was 4 hours a day if you decided to send your kids at all. No such thing as AMET or Digesst. No one even needed a license to drive. Sometimes on the right side of the road, sometimes not. Electricity was OFF more than it was on. No such thing as roads with lines in the middle, let alone the NEW divided Highways like we have now.

I can go on and on, but if you were not here then you have no clue.................

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I go back to when Education was 4 hours a day if you decided to send your kids at all. No such thing as AMET or Digesst. No one even needed a license to drive. Sometimes on the right side of the road, sometimes not. Electricity was OFF more than it was on. No such thing as roads with lines in the middle, let alone the NEW divided Highways like we have now.

I can go on and on, but if you were not here then you have no clue.................
You are correct, however I believe the issue on debate was this "overwhelming" progress being made by the current administration. Why don't you just roll back to the Trujillo times if you're gonna timeline this properly 😂

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Rome was not built in 3 years....................
Sky man, I enjoy your posts, but as I said, we were discussing the amazing progress by the current administration. Anyone can go back 15, 20, 30 years and show progress!

Edited to add you are right. And my main point is this admin is not making any more progress than any previous. It's all business as usual.

Reactions: NY-DR Commuter

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sky man, I enjoy your posts, but as I said, we were discussing the amazing progress by the current administration. Anyone can go back 15, 20, 30 years and show progress!

Edited to add you are right. And my main point is this admin is not making any more progress than any previous. It's all business as usual.
Not "business as usual" when you lock up the previous President's brother is it?...........

Reactions: JD Jones

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Not "business as usual" when you lock up the previous President's brother is it?...........
Progress is not going after political opponents, regardless if they are found guilty of crimes and misdemeanor. You should know that.

What it does, however, as I said up a ways, is create a precedent for future administrations.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
So far in 2023, the progress on the luz in Boca Chica has been astounding. We suffered thru a lot in 2022, especially towards the end. We had a fairly large oops a week or so ago with random blackouts. It appears to have been resolved.

Education is another matter. It appears to me it's not a priority for Domincanos/as.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
You are correct, however I believe the issue on debate was this "overwhelming" progress being made by the current administration. Why don't you just roll back to the Trujillo times if you're gonna timeline this properly 😂

I still say that the key thing that is being achieved is eliminating corruption, at grass roots level. Government officials have to turn up to work, they have to earn their salaries, they can't be seen to take backhanders. The police are definitely getting better, more professional. Starting from a very very low base, but three years ago they did nothing without money changing hands, now they do some work. Everyone I know who works for government says times are changing rapidly.

And it's the same in the electricity companies. They have kicked out the guys who were up to their necks in theft, and now they are left with a long hard slog to try and put things right, but you get the impression they are beginning to try. Again from a very low base, but they are on the right path.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I still say that the key thing that is being achieved is eliminating corruption, at grass roots level. Government officials have to turn up to work, they have to earn their salaries, they can't be seen to take backhanders. The police are definitely getting better, more professional. Starting from a very very low base, but three years ago they did nothing without money changing hands, now they do some work. Everyone I know who works for government says times are changing rapidly.

And it's the same in the electricity companies. They have kicked out the guys who were up to their necks in theft, and now they are left with a long hard slog to try and put things right, but you get the impression they are beginning to try. Again from a very low base, but they are on the right path.
You can't be serious. Please tell me who was kicked out of the power consortiums now that there's no more corruption there. You are on something that I would like to be on! The corruption in the power game is so deep, I'm betting it can't be fixed in our lifetime. Do you not realize the gamut and scope of the racket within these organizations? The contractors are one of the biggest issues. The kickbacks, and the corresponding shoddy work to "fix" broken stuff lol. Windy calls it incompetence but it's really intentional. We fix stuff to break so we can come back at night, weekends and holidays and bill double and triple time. This, in turn, feeds back to the kickback amounts. This hasn't stopped and I bet it's more rampid than ever. That's just one area. How about we say we put a new transformer and it hits the books as new, but is actually 25 years old? Is this going on? We may not ever know until all of the shit hits the fan

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
In addition to the thousands of land titles being given out, here is one example of the hundreds of homes given to the poor.

And another 3000 titles given out to poor folks, with another 6000 being given this week.

He has now given out more than 60K titles and homes.

SANTO DOMINGO. -The President of the Republic, Luis Abinader, carried out several activities yesterday in Greater Santo Domingo, where he delivered more than 3,000 property titles to the same number of families, two Children's Rooms and 96 apartments from the Happy Family program.

The president's agenda began in the La Ciénaga sector, of the National District, where he led the act that will benefit 3,366 families.

During the act, held at the sports center of the Nuevo Domingo Savio project, the president exclaimed; «Today is a day to celebrate, we are doing justice.

While others looked the other way for a long time, we look towards you, to dignify the lives of the inhabitants of La Ciénaga, beginning by placing in their hands a title that certifies that their houses are theirs and that no one can invent with that”.

Housing
Subsequently, President Luis Abinader went to Santo Domingo Este, where he led the delivery of 48 apartments of the first stage of the Residencial Trapiche housing project, Prados de la Caña, in San Antonio de Guerra, through the Happy Family National Plan, project that will have 288 housing units and will be built in three stages.

The Minister of the Presidency, Joel Santos, explained that of the 48 families, women constitute 64.6% of the beneficiaries (31) and men 35.4% (17).

"Of these 31 women, 14 are beneficiaries of the Bono-Mujer, a subsidy for women in vulnerable situations or who, for reasons of gender, have difficulties accessing decent housing," Santos said.

The president, together with the director of the National Institute for Comprehensive Care for Early Childhood (Inaipi), Besaida Santana, inaugurated the Comprehensive Care Centers for Early Childhood (CAIPI), Villa Liberación and Villa de Palmar, located, respectively, in El Tamarindo, Santo Domingo Este and in the Palmarejo Villa Linda municipal district, in Los Alcarrizos.

Abinader stated that children's stays are being inaugurated every week to benefit early-age education for boys and girls.

Deliveries

— UTECT
During the administration of President Luis Abinader, the State Land Titling Executing Technical Unit, UTECT, has delivered 61,665 thousand titles nationwide. In the next few days another six thousand titles will be delivered.

Reactions: NanSanPedro