danilo wins the election

Jan 5, 2006
There will be some changes in style, but not much in the way of substance. Danilo is more of a consensus builder, as opposed to LF's bulldozer style. Although Danilo will be president, LF will remain the most powerful figure in the party, so the new president will not be allowed to stray too far off the party line, as the master plan is for LF to retun in 2016.

As far as corruption; there may be some small fish used as sacrificial lambs, but everyone's favorite target; El Gato Felix, will remain untouched for 2 major reasons. He paid for inmunity by financing a major portion of the campaign, and LF "loves him like a son".

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Yes Danilo and Felix el gato are from the same town. I'm sure their families know each other well, etc...so if you're hoping from prosecution you're out of luck. On top of that you guys forget that Felix is a senator and senators are immune from prosecution in The DR. The worst he may get is that some of the contracts he currently has making tons of money are "rescinded", meaning given to someone else in name alone of course.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
i will finally manage to achieve a completely flat stomach. miesposo will get me a tomcat i will never use because danilo will have all roads fixed. santiago will get a metro and jay-z will build a rap resort in puerto plata. gas prices will go down and salaries will match those in norway. dominican passort will be a commodity worth its weight in gold. there will be no hunger and all weapons will be melted into cooking pots.

and did i mention the world peace? that.

I LOVE your new world order!! Can I join?

1000an

Nov 28, 2007
I wish the other guy would have won, because this one is hungry, the other one not as much.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I wish the other guy would have won, because this one is hungry, the other one not as much.
guy

You think the other guy is not? after being out from power for 8 years? Also remember that in The DR when a new party wins they fire everyone from the old party...and I mean everyone from the head of the central bank to the lowliest government employee so that this new batch can have their turn at the trough. At least with Danilo you won't have a massive change in employees. He'll probably appoint some of HIS people to more important positions and so on, but you won't see a seismic change.

May 12, 2005
guy

You think the other guy is not? after being out from power for 8 years? Also remember that in The DR when a new party wins they fire everyone from the old party...and I mean everyone from the head of the central bank to the lowliest government employee so that this new batch can have their turn at the trough. At least with Danilo you won't have a massive change in employees. He'll probably appoint some of HIS people to more important positions and so on, but you won't see a seismic change.

In a way that is a good thing. Although customer service is sometimes a foreign concept, you have people doing their jobs for 8 years and are somewhat competent at it. Imagine a whole new crop of ignorant brutos in every government agency.

sgtjosephmiller

Jan 7, 2012
What do U think? What to expect?
i hope danilo stays true to his promise.i voted for the opposite party not for hipo but for change.change from a dictator(leonel) and his cronies.12 years as president and then he pushes his wife to be vp.incredible if that ant dictatorship stuff$%^(on a power trip) i don't know what is.the man doesn't want to leave.i guess thats why him,chavez and castro are close.from the same tree.i hope danilo is his own man and not leonel and the family fernadez reynas puppet.but its very hard to believe thats not the case.whats more scary is that leonel can actually become president again with the law this country pass.this country is butt back-wards.i guess josean is right.impossible to change this culture.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
i hope danilo stays true to his promise.i voted for the opposite party not for hipo but for change.change from a dictator(leonel) and his cronies.12 years as president and then he pushes his wife to be vp.incredible if that ant dictatorship stuff$%^(on a power trip) i don't know what is.the man doesn't want to leave.i guess thats why him,chavez and castro are close.from the same tree.i hope danilo is his own man and not leonel and the family fernadez reynas puppet.but its very hard to believe thats not the case.whats more scary is that leonel can actually become president again with the law this country pass.this country is butt back-wards.i guess josean is right.impossible to change this culture.

Are you sore? Or is that a sore looser? Se murio papa, quedo MAMA LOL

NotLurking

sgtjosephmiller

Jan 7, 2012
not sore,optamistic.danilos sucess can benefit everyone.first thing he must do it kick out felix bautista and put him jail lol.give him to the DEA there waiting

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
In a way that is a good thing. Although customer service is sometimes a foreign concept, you have people doing their jobs for 8 years and are somewhat competent at it. Imagine a whole new crop of ignorant brutos in every government agency.

Frank: That is a VERY good thing. Not only will they not have to train new people and all of that, but normally the state loses tons of money with these transfers, because the outgoing people will try to steal and take everything they can in the little time they have left and of course the new ones will come in very hungry and try to get all they can. I've heard of offices where the outgoing people will even take the chairs, desks, phones, etc...anything they can get their hands on...

Josephmiller: You may not like Leonel, but one thing you can say about him is that when his turn is up he's stepped down like a gentleman with any fuss. For instance he could have probably changed the rules for him to run again in 2000, but he didn't and as a result Hippo won. Now remember that the person who changed the rules so he could run again was Hippo and his cohorts. Without this rule change Leonel had not been able to stand again, but Hippo got greedy and that came back to bite him in his behind.

BTW Felix Bautista is not going anywhere for the foreseeable future. He's a Senator...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Frank: That is a VERY good thing. Not only will they not have to train new people and all of that, but normally the state loses tons of money with these transfers, because the outgoing people will try to steal and take everything they can in the little time they have left and of course the new ones will come in very hungry and try to get all they can. I've heard of offices where the outgoing people will even take the chairs, desks, phones, etc...anything they can get their hands on...

Josephmiller: You may not like Leonel, but one thing you can say about him is that when his turn is up he's stepped down like a gentleman with any fuss. For instance he could have probably changed the rules for him to run again in 2000, but he didn't and as a result Hippo won. Now remember that the person who changed the rules so he could run again was Hippo and his cohorts. Without this rule change Leonel had not been able to stand again, but Hippo got greedy and that came back to bite him in his behind.

BTW Felix Bautista is not going anywhere for the foreseeable future. He's a Senator...

Completely agree on the political patronage jobs that should be civil service jobs by now.

But is this really any different than Leonel still being in charge?

Minus his almost weekly trips around the world, of course.

sgtjosephmiller

Jan 7, 2012
well lets see what happens with danilo suarezn.hopefully he can forfill most his promises and stay loyal to himself and not be leonels and the family fernadez reynas puppet.and felix bautista should be in jail don't u agree.little inside info.i use to work the american government (can't say which agency)but speak to my friends in the organization almost everyday and they tell me the DEA is just itching to lock him up(feliz bautista).the problem is is that the dr just finish there elections and of course its politically sensetive.there waiting till danilo medina takes office.will see what happens.i'am just for a better dr and more efficent now that i'am retired out here.i might have to run for politcal office.i can iam dominican.