Dealing with Dominicans in a Professional/Business setting

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Don't "LIKE" Cobraboy's Comment Aboit "Chip"!!!!!!!!!

I L-O-V-E it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:classic::):):):):):):):):)

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

If Catholics don't believe in "IT","IT" can't be true!

I'm busy having sex with all the young "Dominicanas" I can,"Just-In-Case"!!!!!!!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I L-O-V-E it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:classic::):):):):):):):):)

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

If Catholics don't believe in "IT","IT" can't be true!

I'm busy having sex with all the young "Dominicanas" I can,"Just-In-Case"!!!!!!!

Well as far as I can tell we're both still here. :)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I don't really find all Dominicanos to be stubborn.

I have made suggestions to my people about doing things differently. Sometimes they prove to me that their way is better and other times they give my way a try.
And sometimes, they even keep doing my way when I'm not there !! Amazing!!

E.G.
I hate those cottons mops... leave puffballs all over the place.
I brought the synthetic mop heads from USA.... accepted and loved instantly by all concerned.

Window washing with paper towels -- kills me !!
Those special microfibre towels - "for glass only" - a huge success!!

Replacements for both are constantly on the shopping list.

Running water indefinitely for dishes, mopping, etc...... cannot make any headway ... even when i go and turn it off - it just goes back on again..... infuriates me!!
Cannot make headway here.

Life goes on......

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Use,"Old Newsprint" for washing windows,FREE!

Now than Yanadodo is banned,SOMEBODY has to "Save-The-World!"

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Tut Tut..... he would criticize you for choppingb trees to get the newsprint :))

My towels are totally synthetic from recycled goods

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
He'd say "Yes, but that newsprint will dissolve quickly, and your microfiber will clog something for eons."

;)

I don't see many paper towels being used, they're big on rags [cut up old clothes, old dishtowels, etc]. Don't think I've ever seen them use old newspapers for cleaning, but most of them [that I know, anyway] don't have glass pane windows like we do in US/Canada/Europe.

I love microfiber for cleaning, but it's a PITA to remember not to add fabric softener to the washer.....

AE

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
He'd say "Yes, but that newsprint will dissolve quickly, and your microfiber will clog something for eons."

;)

I don't see many paper towels being used, they're big on rags [cut up old clothes, old dishtowels, etc]. Don't think I've ever seen them use old newspapers for cleaning, but most of them [that I know, anyway] don't have glass pane windows like we do in US/Canada/Europe.

I love microfiber for cleaning, but it's a PITA to remember not to add fabric softener to the washer.....

AE

My microfiber will last for eons :)))

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Newsprint" made from recycled paper product and sustainable growth trees!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
You guys are fools if you guys think the world is ending today. It is not like that "judgement day fool" has a good prediction record, he was wrong before and anybody that reads the bible knows that god will come " como ladron en la noche"

Back to the OP "Relax, don't let your blood get too hot, find someone else hungrier and worthy of your business.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
"Newsprint" made from recycled paper product and sustainable growth trees!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

You filling the zapatos muy, muy well..... keep up the good work....

Obnoxious?..... you still have work to do!!

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
InsanelyOne;970909]I'll first give a little background. I'm a software engineer by trade. I work best with ones and zeros. I'm very logical and pragmatic. I'm all about the easiest path from A to B. I do okay in social settings but I'm not Mr. Personality. I'm generally regarded as a "nice guy but kind of shy". Unfortunately, my shyness is interpreted as rudeness here. As you might surmise, I have a hard time dealing with a lot of Dominicans when it comes to professional/business stuff (real estate, banking, lawyers, etc). I feel like it's a weird dance and I don't know the steps. I understand Dominicans are all about personal relationships but I just want to get the task at hand completed. I'm sure my directness is not appreciated.

I'm trying to figure out just how much I can push people. A classic example. I'm working with a woman on a potential real estate transaction. I invariably have to ask multiple times before I can get a useful answer. Trying to schedule anything is a chore. She will say something like "We can meet in the afternoon". I'll text back "how about 2:00pm?" ... no reply. I wait a while and text again.... still no reply. I finally call (for whatever reason, we do a lot of texting instead of calling) and she says she couldn't text me back because she couldn't meet me at 2:00 and that she was waiting until she knew exactly when she could meet me before she was going to text me with the time. My logical/pragmatic brain just explodes when I have to deal with crap like this. It doesn't make any sense. Just tell me immediately you don't know what time you can meet. In my opinion Dominicans have zero critical thinking skills.

This is just one of many examples of how this place makes me crazy. So, here's my question. How much can I bother and hound these people to get straight answers before they get fed up with me? I don't want to sabotage my efforts.

Thoughts/Advice?[/QUOTE]

It's Not You It's Them !!!!!!
Your post made me laugh !!!

I have the same experiences.
Logic and planing does not work, it's just the way they tick.
Any time a specific time and date has been scheduled they are not there, as if they use this for a reference to make sure they are not available.... Even though they requested the specific date and time ???????
Resistance is futile we just have to learn to live with this.
Of course there are exceptions, however generally speaking this seems to be the norm.
It is our job to learn their logic in order to understand.
Maybe we could start a new forum "Dominican Logic" on which only Dominicans can post and explain to teach the ex- pats.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Originally Posted by cobraboy
We're all gonna die!

Except for Chip...

Catholics don't believe in that. :)

See you soon, first cold one on me. ;)

Chip,
Are catholics also promised virgins......if so I may join the faith!!!!!

The Qur'an mentions that Muslim men will be rewarded with virgins:
"Each time we sleep with a Houri we find her virgin. Besides, the penis of the Elected never softens. The erection is eternal; the sensation that you feel each time you make love is utterly delicious and out of this world and were you to experience it in this world you would faint. Each chosen one [i.e. Muslim] will marry seventy [sic] houris, besides the women he married on earth, and all will have appetizing vaginas."
Al-Itqan fi Ulum al-Qur'an, p. 351 :eek::eek::eek:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Originally Posted by cobraboy
We're all gonna die!

Except for Chip...

Chip,
Are catholics also promised virgins......if so I may join the faith!!!!!

The Qur'an mentions that Muslim men will be rewarded with virgins:
"Each time we sleep with a Houri we find her virgin. Besides, the penis of the Elected never softens. The erection is eternal; the sensation that you feel each time you make love is utterly delicious and out of this world and were you to experience it in this world you would faint. Each chosen one [i.e. Muslim] will marry seventy [sic] houris, besides the women he married on earth, and all will have appetizing vaginas."
Al-Itqan fi Ulum al-Qur'an, p. 351 :eek::eek::eek:

Wow, some people will believe anything .......

SHALENA