decision made......re Immigration Canada

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
It's friday and still nada.....I'm actually trying to keep my vibes going into the more positive side now that I think about everything. My MP told me last Friday that they were going to make a decision forthcoming and it happened the very next working day! But what it all means, I'm not sure! Still crossing fingers as Haiti hasn't sent any information back to my MP's office to let us know what's going on. Waiting to exhale.
Boogirl

emj_08

Feb 9, 2006
Got a call from my MP today. Immigration told them they are now doing my husband's security check. Anyone know what this means? We sent medicals and a clean police report with the original application. Does this have anything to do with what they are working on now?

Anyways they have BFd our file for August. There goes my summer plans.. right out the window. They gave us 90 days to submit those last documents, but I submitted them RIGHT AWAY. But they still won't touch the file until the 90 days are up. What a process...

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
emj 08, and everyone else

Do you have the 90 day delay in writing? Or was it what your spouses were told during the interview?

Thanks

dominican_daisy

Apr 18, 2006
Hi,
My husband got a call from Haiti today asking why he didnt re-do his medical and send it with his documents. Of course we didn't re-do it because we were not sure that he was going to be issued a visa...so why would we do anything until we were told to??? We never did receive a letter after the interview asking for everything that the officer requested?

My husband will be off to SD to pick up the paper to re-do his medical.

I'm going to try and call Haiti to see if there is anything else we are missing???
DD

emj_08

Feb 9, 2006
At the interview she told my husband she didn't need anything else other than what he brought, and said she'd contact us shortly. Then 3 weeks letter I got an email requesting two more things (with a 90 day limit). I sent them right away. So I guess they still wait the full 90 days before ever picking up our file again. I will post more when I know something else... but now I'm worried about the medical.

Johana

May 24, 2006
DD

you certainly can't win with Haiti. It makes sense that your husband wouldn't redo the medical before they ask for it - why would you spend that money if they were going to deny him again?
There have been others that were told at the interview that they were going to be granted the visa was told to wait until they sent a letter to redo the medicals. But hopefully this is a very good sign that they've asked about a new medical :)

EMJ
as frustrating as the waiting is - at least you know that they are still working on the file.

dominican_daisy

Apr 18, 2006
What I dont understand is why don't they just finish up with all the outstanding applications before starting all of the new ones? if all the requested documents are handed in.....then why put it on the back burner????? get it off your desk?!?!?!?

DD

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
What I dont understand is why don't they just finish up with all the outstanding applications before starting all of the new ones? if all the requested documents are handed in.....then why put it on the back burner????? get it off your desk?!?!?!?

DD

This is just a guess on my part but we know of a few people through DR1 but not the actual number of applicants that were given that 90 days. Some will send documents right away some will take time and some might not send it at all. My thinking is that it all goes into the 90 day pile and when the 90 days are up they take the pile and review it rather than do one at a time as they come in.

Like I said I'm just guessing.

Ellie2008

Aug 8, 2008
Just to add my experience...my husband was told he was approved at the interview and needed to complete another document as he had worked for the police years ago. 3 weeks after the interview he received both the letter as well as a phone call.

He returned the documents and my MP told me our BF date was actually only 45 Days out so I have not bothered to contact anyone. It has now been 2 weeks since all doc's have been dropped off, we will wait in hopes this is completed before our medical expire. On the suggestion of my MP, was told to hold off on redoing the medicals as we may have visa in hand before they expire.....however we are really cutting it close!!!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
anna,

i think you are right.

everyone is assigned BF dates no matter if it is a new application or if you are finishing up.

if they have given 90 days then they shouldnt be opening your file before that.

think of it the opposite way...if they gave you 90 days but then reviewed your file after 30 days and you hadnt sent in your documents yet.

if the person handling your file received your documents in their hands personally then maybe it would trigger them to review them and make a decision...otherwise it probably means more waiting.

DD, Emj, Ellie
you are all so close to the end now...and it sounds like visas have been or will be approved for all 3 of you shortly....you just need the official word!

congratulations and be a little more patient....its almost over.

sangria

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
So what am i chop liver? We were given the 90 days and we brought the information in. They already made the decision from the information we provided. But your saying they dont look at anything and it goes into the 90 day pile. I dont think so. Every applicant is different and we can't compare them. Each case is totally unique. I still believe in my heart that the decision made can still come out with them sending a letter in the mail stating he is approved and then the next step will follow. Immigration officers are just doing there jobs. And yes there are 1000's of applicants out there, so I still can have hope that my husband got his approved, even though they didn't ask for his passport before "decision made". He did however was asked to bring it to the interview. Also we weren't asked to bring extra documents proving our relationship is real.....just the stuff he was asked to bring in the 1st place that he wasn't able to get before the interview in time. Thanks for listening. peace
boogirl

viajar

Feb 19, 2009
90 days

Just wanted to let you know when they requested additional documents with the 90 day period they reviewed them and called us about 15-20 d after they recieved them, in all about 45d -50d rather than 90d.

Johana

May 24, 2006
Boogirl,
you're definitely not chop liver!! As with everything else with Immigration you can never figure out what they will do. I'm sure there are officers that would not touch the file before the 90 days and others that once the documents are received will review it again.

Until you've received something that says it's a no - you have to remain positive that it could be yes :)

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Johana,

..And some make decisions before the 90 day delay is up...before they get the requested info...

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
You are all going to drive yourselves crazy if you are going to try to figure out what every little thing means...trust me, I was in your shoes. It drives you insane.

There is no way you can judge what will happen next as you can very well see from all the previous postings that not much happens the same way twice. All of your cases are different just like all our relationships are different and some need a little more investigation and others don't.

Just stay positive and relax as much as you can...the answer will be yours soon enough.

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
What do you mean drive yourself loco? I'm already Loca!!!! jaja anyways....I agree 100% that all our cases are different and there isn't rhyme nor reason behind this. We can't sit here everyday and pick out why some get there visas and others do not as we don't know everything behind each case,they are all different! All we can do is NOT give up!! I think the only thing that bothers us is that some have there spouses here and others do not.
I was told by my MP yesterday I am sure this is "difficult waiting for the decision but every day that passes brings you one day closer to knowing". And
that everyday is one day closer to being with your spouse!
I hope not to offend anyone. I know this is very hard to go through as I'm still waiting for that DECISION MADE status. Still having hope that my husband will recieve a letter saying he was approved. Waiting to exhale......
Boogirl

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
hi there when my husband came it said decision made it took a few more weeks before they asked to drop off the passport so keep your chin up

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
boogirl ... that is some hopeful news for you!

vintage...welcome back! how are things going with your husband? hope all is well & that you will come to the chat tonight at 9pm to share your story!

sangria

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
Oh wow you just made my day Vintage!!! I just can't give up hope and I have such positive vibes. Crossing fingers and praying.
Boogirl

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
it took eight months for me ,actually just short of eight months
after they requested the interview it said decision made
we still had to wait about 18 days
then it said medicals received
he was asked to bring his passport with him to the interview.
the passport is then sent to haiti for the visa
then it is sent back to be picked up
they will call him to pick it up

we had the french immigration lady too
she asked the same questions
what he would do if she refused the visa
she did give it to him
we did have to provide extra documents to take to the interview
my divorce decrees they asked for
keep in mind i am fifty he is thirty five
so i was worried about the age difference
it wasnt a problem she approved him