decision made......re Immigration Canada

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
Exactly....live for the moment and dont put your life on hold....as I have been holding my breath..for a 13 months.....and this past weekend I celebrated with a bottle of Rum & tissues cause I might hear something tomorrow cause my MP is calling CIC Monday morning cause it's been 3 weeks since the decision made status and I have no idea what is going on. I just asked if a letter was sent out and where too!!!???
~Patience went out the door.....having my life on hold went bye bye......I'm living again!!!! Peace ;)
Boogirl

emj_08

Feb 9, 2006
our status changed to decision made last tuesday. havent heard anything yet, hoping to be contacted this tuesday... god knows they only get things done on ONE day of the week. disgraceful.

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Boo girl, emj 08!

Do not lose your mind now... I am sure you will hear something soon and I'm praying for you gals to get good news...I know it's hard but...try to be positive....

viajar

Feb 19, 2009
DD you got it

DD, congratulations

When they ask to redo the medical it sounds like a done deal. So great to see that. CONGRATULATIONS.

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
We got our letter this morning.....regarding decision made........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CanWest66

May 11, 2008
Canada
Request for more info.

Well my wife went to SD and they gave her a letter requesting more information. They want secondary identity information ie; baptism certificate, hospital record of birth, certificates from primary and secondary school, identification documents used prior to 1994, and she needs to complete form IMMH10a. I don't understand what they are doing here. We sent and affidavit from her mother witnessed by her aunt explaining the circumstances of her birth. This was translated and legalized by the lawyer. Her birth was registered many years late because neither parent had cedulas, and she was born at home, not in hospital. They have her baptismal certificate but she was baptized when she was in her teens. We went to great lengths to provide all this information beforehand because we knew her late birth
registration could be a problem.
As for the declaration, well what can I say, except she has no children, no Dependants, never married before and all of this she has made a declaration of in the application.
I am trying to remain calm but I can't help but wonder if the folks in the Haiti office aren't a bit dense. Perhaps completely dense.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Can west it's very normal for Haiti to ask for more documentation even when you sent it all in. They just want to see if you can come up with the same exact documents again. Blame it on the people that have used fraud to get here.

Johana

May 24, 2006
Canwest,

I'm sure it's very frustrating to have received the extra requests.
With regards to the extra info because of the late birth registration. I can understand them asking for the school records etc. I realize you tried to circumvent the problem with the afadavit from her mother witnessed by her aunt but these are the same people that registered the birth late. It seems they want independant corroboration - especially when the baptismal certificate was also later in life.

It seems the request for the IMMH10a is new and has been requested from other applicants prior to the visa being issued. On the bright side they asked for both things at once rather than waiting until your wife has supplied the other information.

It seems that there are some new measure put in place at least with Haiti that we were not seeing even a year ago. Perhaps it is due to the length of time it takes to complete the applications that they are requesting a new declaration regarding children.
There was some recent news of a Canadian woman finding out that her Dominican husband had been living with someone in the DR and had children - but he lied on the application. Not that this form prevents people from lying if they are going to but maybe it's just a way for the government to say that they checked. Lord knows that in the length of time it takes them to complete applications you could have a baby.

On the bright side someone is looking at your wife's file and is asking for more information. It means they are working on it :) Hopefully your wife won't have issues getting the requested school documents. Another poster had the same request for his wife. However, the school had had a fire and the records destroyed. It took him a while before he contacted his MP to help - so just some advice if the records are impossible to come by don't hesitate to get your MP to help resolve the problem.

Good luck!!!

viajar

Feb 19, 2009
Canwest

Maybe our story will help. We were asked for esentially the same information as you as my wife's birth was registered late. The exception is the form you were asked to fill in. In our case we were able to get a copy of the hospital record, but school records were distroyed in a flood. We sent a notarised letter from her father along with a letter explaining why the birth was registered late and why we could not get additonal records such as baptism etc. It all worked out in the end.

Good luck