Delancer becoming too slow to use

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
guys i am not exactly employee of delancer i'm more of a contractor and for my personal curiosity i was one of the first clients of starlink. i do have it just in case with minimal use so i haven't reached any limits. here is speed test from starlink in the rain 3pm 16th of April 2024 center of El Batey Sosua gives me 28Mbps download and 10.2Mbps upload 46ms latency - failed on the first try.

and the second test is speedtest with delancer done around the same time on the 1G/1G line i9 CPU.
What does Delancer charge for the 1GB plan that you get 861 mps?
Have you complained you aren't getting the full 1G ?

• Haha
Reactions: Bred

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
there is no plan like that, but i discussed it this morning with Mr. Delancer and they will publish today, my understanding it will be 7900.00 DOP (with 3TB monthly volume limit) upto 1000M download and 250M upload.

the modem has 1G port means real maximum bandwidth is about 960Mbps. anybody buying plans with high bandwidth has to realize that this is hard to get all of it in one single device. plans like that needed to keep latency low or connecting multiple devices so you don't hit bottleneck.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I don't think any ISP anywhere guarantees the exact promoted bandwidth... We're in EU, pay for 1GB down and the most I get with ethernet cable is around 970 mbps down. Upwards we get in fact more than we pay for...

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Unlimited data is for commercial use you would need to quote directly with them.
Starlink is straightforward with the prices - 2900 Pesos monthly. Why DeLancer is a top secret? 1000 Dollars a month? 2000 Dollars? Or more? Why do you advertise "DeLancer super-speed" if you don't want to put monthly service fee next to it? Afraid to scary us with the monthly fees?

delancerguy

Feb 15, 2018
are they straighforward? are you sure?

Standard Service Plan. The Standard Service Plan assigns an unlimited amount of “Standard” data each month to customers. The Standard Service Plan is designed for personal, family, or household use. See the Starlink Specificationsfor details on the expected performance per Service Plan. Starlink seeks to distribute Standard data among our users in a fair and equitable manner. If bandwidth patterns consistently exceed what is allocated to a typical residential user, Starlink may take network management measures, such as temporarily reducing a customer’s speeds, to prevent or mitigate congestion of the Services. Bandwidth intensive applications, such as streaming videos, gaming, or downloading large files are most likely to be impacted by such actions. Standard Service Plan customers with high bandwidth needs should consider upgrading to a Priority Service Plan. See the Terms of Service and the FAQs for more details.

they do not offer guaranteed speed - they offer priority that vastly different. see screenshot attached from their page.

here are delancer prices https://cabledelancer.com/services.html
maximum unlimited is 220Mbps.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 9.03.46 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 9.03.46 PM.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 11

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
are they straighforward? are you sure?

Based on the info I've seen, I think they are. They also offer the interactive speed map on their website. I don't have Starlink, but definitely interested in in the future.

they do not offer guaranteed speed - they offer priority that vastly different. see screenshot attached from their page.

here are delancer prices https://cabledelancer.com/services.html
maximum unlimited is 220Mbps.
Yes, they do not offer guaranteed speed and they even state that 100 % uptime is not guaranteed, but I would keep in mind that their infra is completely different compared to fiber optics. A local fiber optics provider with cable connections, in my opinion, needs to think completely different obstacles than an ISP using satellites as their key infra. The only risk for fiber optics provide I can think of (in the DR) would be someone hitting one of those concrete poles so that all the wires are cut off... Where we live at the moment in the EU, the cables are buried underground, so no weather conditions or traffic accidents affect our signal - hence practically 100 % uptime. With a satellite connection the case would, I think, not be so, but again, this is mentioned on their website.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Based on the info I've seen, I think they are. They also offer the interactive speed map on their website. I don't have Starlink, but definitely interested in in the future.

Yes, they do not offer guaranteed speed and they even state that 100 % uptime is not guaranteed, but I would keep in mind that their infra is completely different compared to fiber optics. A local fiber optics provider with cable connections, in my opinion, needs to think completely different obstacles than an ISP using satellites as their key infra. The only risk for fiber optics provide I can think of (in the DR) would be someone hitting one of those concrete poles so that all the wires are cut off... Where we live at the moment in the EU, the cables are buried underground, so no weather conditions or traffic accidents affect our signal - hence practically 100 % uptime. With a satellite connection the case would, I think, not be so, but again, this is mentioned on their website.
So your point being?

Except for the mobility I don't really understand why there's so much hype about Starlink in this area.
The latency is compared to fiber really bad, and the speeds are as already been mentioned not up to par with what you can get with fiber for the same price.

This topic has really changed from the OP's original concern which has already been suggested to talk to Delancer and ask them to verify the connection.
I personally don't use Delancer but Cable La union, and at least with them I don't have anything to complain about. I have 200/100mbit connection and I just checked and I get 201/98 mbit. And honestly IMO outside of any business or work related necessity, no private household need more than a 100mbit connection. So I'm very greatful that this exists compared to when I first arrived here 12 years ago and had to live with a 3/1 mbit connection for basically the same price as I'm paying now for my current connection.

trspencer

Aug 27, 2023
Sosua
So your point being?

Except for the mobility I don't really understand why there's so much hype about Starlink in this area.
The latency is compared to fiber really bad, and the speeds are as already been mentioned not up to par with what you can get with fiber for the same price.

This topic has really changed from the OP's original concern which has already been suggested to talk to Delancer and ask them to verify the connection.
I personally don't use Delancer but Cable La union, and at least with them I don't have anything to complain about. I have 200/100mbit connection and I just checked and I get 201/98 mbit. And honestly IMO outside of any business or work related necessity, no private household need more than a 100mbit connection. So I'm very greatful that this exists compared to when I first arrived here 12 years ago and had to live with a 3/1 mbit connection for basically the same price as I'm paying now for my current connection.
Couldn't agree more. Between work and personal needs I've sampled quite a few providers in the US, rated speed is always presented a target but never a guarantee. Delancer's performance against rated speed is on par with what I see with Xfinity, and their update is every bit as good (if not a little better).

Celestial providers all seem to suffer from the same two issues: performance during inclement weather and very limited upstream bandwidth. Depending on your needs, that might be perfectly fine. If you work remotely and are pushing a pile of data upstream (I fall in this category), Starlink is absolutely not an option.

Delancer's price relative to US providers, for both speed and performance, is still a great deal.

Reactions: delancerguy