Dinner Cruise in Santiago

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Just pick her up in a KIA rental (not limo) head to TGIF and she will feel like Cinderella.

Thats the problem: "The Cinderella High"

Fran509 :I like to treat woman I am dating with respect and treat her like she is the last woman on earth. I am not trying hard but that is what I feel like to do.

Thats cool and understandable. Treat her Like a Lady say The Temptations.

If it is impossible like it seems it will be then I will do with there is there. Flying to see or meet her is because she is special to me. There might be plenty fishes in the sea but the heart chose to care for only one and she happens to be in the DR.

Ok, translation: She is fine as a hell and women where I am dont look like that.

I do not think she really cares where we go but at the same time I would rather do something that the last man has not done.

Here is where you should heed the advice of the other dudes. Do a search and look for the Hillbilly Rules to Dating a person. It will help you hone your approach. You dont have to heed them but a little knowledge couldnt hurt anything could it?

In my opinion, these women are very nice but feel they should be spoiled, develop an undeserved sense of entitlement while putting in NO effort of their own, believe they deserve "the good life" and are too entwined in fantasy. In comes you, Prince Charming in this dysfunctional Cinderella tale. Now you want to make a good impression and do something the other guy has never done. I told you bro, any ONE step in the previous post is more than the other guy has ever done. What? A $50 dinner at TGIFridays? A trip to Samana for the weekend? Sitting on one seat by herself in a new car? Even a taxi ride in an Air conditioned car is a luxury.

You may think you are not overdoing it but really man you are. You have heard the saying "Do not cast your pearls before swine"? If you are really interested in this woman then see how feminine she is before you do anything. Your bill, take her to the supermarket(a nice one) and see what food she picks out to cook YOU dinner. You are paying for the food so cost is no object. If she loads the cart with things she always wanted to try dump her. Why? Because she is impractical and selfish and will just waste your money. You got things in the cart like Froot Loops, Twizzlers, Teddy Grahams, etc. If she asks you what YOU want to eat, how do you make it, and/or if she wants to make the best thing she knows how to make for you, you may have a keeper.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
In my opinion and that of several buddies who are very familiar with the DR Senor RacerX is correct especially as regards the food choice part. Ordering a Pina Colada y/o Shrimp/lobster is a tell tale sign of trying to get something they never had.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
If you feel that the answers are condescending it is partly the naivete you display in asking about a boat cruise in Santiago a land locked city in the middle of a country equal in size to Vermont & New Hampshire combined with a population well over 9 million people.

Feb 7, 2007
I like to treat woman I am dating with respect and treat her like she is the last woman on earth. I am not trying hard but that is what I feel like to do.
And this, my friend, will be what will "get you" into teh spiral of failure. You are digging your own hole and if you are not careful you will slip and fall into it.

PLEASE, PLEASE, read the Mars and Venus forum here on DR1, take the whole weekend to read at least 5% of threads in there.

MOST women in DR will take the niceness as weakness. And they WILL exploit it. You will be hit heavy and hard. Sooner rather than later you will find yourself within the vicious circle that will be hard to break from. Take the advise of people who are giving it to you in this thread. Most of them have lived through it, and those who didn't have observed many and many cases.

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
Hillbilly Rules to Dating a person.

"Hillbilly Rules to Dating a person."

Does anyone have a link to this original post, I did a search and saw mention of it but no actual rules. Should be a sticky!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Searching can be a *itch

Searching is not always easy, but I finally found some of Hillbilly's Golden Rules... :smoke: lol

But only found the "Diet" version, lot's of mentions in posts about "Hillbilly's Golden Rules" but could not find an actual link to them (Yet).

Hillbilly's Rules

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What is the age difference?
That is another "clue".
THIRD IS,HOW LONG IT TAKES YOU TO "kNOW" her,in the biblical sense!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

suavena

Jan 27, 2009
Not to mention that Santiago is in the middle of the country!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Thinking about it EL RIO YAQUE run thru the city. It could be a good investment buy a nice yatch and put it to work there. It could be a very good investment. I might try it someday.

suavena

Jan 27, 2009
Dude:
Answer just one question: Where does she live in Santiago?

Thanks,

HB

You might be able to know if she will be a good woman if she is from el hoyo baitola, los pepines, ensanchez bermudez, pueblo nuevo, los salados, camboya or los llanos de gurabo, cerro alto, el embrujo 2, la sursa, etc?

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
im talking to a female in sdq and i dont expected the best like every thing is going to be well she was so attached to me when i meet her on my vacation so i said ill give it a shot. but i think the key is to atleast see if she is attracted to you first

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You might be able to know if she will be a good woman if she is from el hoyo baitola, los pepines, ensanchez bermudez, pueblo nuevo, los salados, camboya or los llanos de gurabo, cerro alto, el embrujo 2, la sursa, etc?

So you can tell if someone is a good women based on where they live. Most young women, as in those just out of their teens live with their parents, so they really don?t have a choice in the neighbourhood they come from.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Bob: I am not saying that you cannot find something good, but there is an old saw in the South: "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear." That is a starting place. My next question, of course, is "Where is she studying?" That is key number two.

But really, let's be frank Bob, what are the chances of a really nice girl, university attending, fine family, going to one of these dating sights? Have you ever seen these women..? It is sort of pathetic, really.

Sorry, this is something silly and we all know where it is going..

HB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009

the concept is to determine the likelihood of her being a medical student and her whole tale being on the up and up. If she is from Camboya for instance or Buenos Aires she may very well be in UASD studying medicine. Or she can be running a rouse. The neighborhood would give you a heads up of what is next when you hear "Oh no! I have to register for classes and I dont have any money." A woman from a stable household would borrow the money from her family. A con-man would ask you, a stranger, for it. Fran says OK because he is a decent guy he will LEND her the 10000 pesos to register for classes with lab fees, books and the like because it is her education but where is that money actually going?

But really, let's be frank Bob, what are the chances of a really nice girl, university attending, fine family, going to one of these dating sights? Have you ever seen these women..? It is sort of pathetic, really.

HB

He said Dominican Cupid or something else? The generic ones like Facebook I think you could meet people because there is this new fangled Dominican feminism that purmeates the mind of the educated woman. She knows the Dominican man is not accepting of this ideology, so she looks elsewhere. I got some posts in the Debate Category about this.

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
two pieces of advice for our would be Don Juan

1....read every word by RacerX , several times, until you can recite it verbatim

2...ask a Dominican in your part of the word to explain the meaning and gravamen of the word PENDEJO.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Bob: I am not saying that you cannot find something good, but there is an old saw in the South: "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear." That is a starting place. My next question, of course, is "Where is she studying?" That is key number two.

Sorry, this is something silly and we all know where it is going..

HB
It may be silly, and we all know the likely destination, but seems to me that with the increased proliferation of internet access in the DR many, many more girls...and guys...are likely to join dating sites. I suspect the market penetration is such that a wide cross section of economic classes make it part of their daily lives....as DR1ers do.

'Course that's not to say the OP should blow a big wad on wining and dining and romancing a first date from a dating site unless he is lonely and doesn't have much of a life at home. Maybe he has a lot of pent-up physical and emotional needs.

When I tried the online dating scene my rule, unless there were significant overriding reasons, was an agreement of a short First Date going Dutch (with the evening left open, "just in case" :)).

Flying to a Third World country for an online first date was never on the table...

Taliban_Singles_Online.gif