Dinner Cruise in Santiago

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
It may be silly, and we all know the likely destination, but seems to me that with the increased proliferation of internet access in the DR many, many more girls...and guys...are likely to join dating sites. I suspect the market penetration is such that a wide cross section of economic classes make it part of their daily lives....as DR1ers do.

'Course that's not to say the OP should blow a big wad on wining and dining and romancing a first date from a dating site unless he is lonely and doesn't have much of a life at home. Maybe he has a lot of pent-up physical and emotional needs.

He could be an ogre. I have seen a lot of Ogres, Sasquatcheses, Bigfeet and Abominables get off the plane recently.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I don't see where he said he met her on a Dominican date site:confused:..

OH yea I forgot that the DR1 members are the only people capable of meeting the non hooker chicas:rolleyes:

suavena

Jan 27, 2009
So you can tell if someone is a good women based on where they live. Most young women, as in those just out of their teens live with their parents, so they really don?t have a choice in the neighbourhood they come from.

That was my same question to Hillbilly since he asked where this woman was from.

suavena

Jan 27, 2009
hmm, camboya is a decent neighborhood, seriously? I beg to differ..

Actually all those barrios 20 years ago were not bad to live. They use to be moral values regardless if a person came from a hellhole. And back then if a woman was seen with a foreigner she was marked as a whore and that was a no no with them. Nowdays it seen the politician put up the rule on the rest of the Dominican society.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I did not say it was on an internet date site, but then again where can you find your love if not on one of these?
He said: "I am planning to come see a girl that I am talking to for the first time in November but I am trying to find out if there is a Dinner cruise boat service around or near by. I feel the best place to see the sun sets and the moon rises is over dinner on the water. Any help would greatly appreciated. Also, if you can tell me the best restaurant in Santiago as well with contacts so I can order flowers on my table for her. How much is limousine service for about 4 hours? How does dinner cost in one of the best restaurant? Anything romantic, drop me a line por favor. Mucho gracias...

This shows that he has never, ever met her. Therefore, he talked to her on the Internet! (Mucho gracias? You gotta be kidding me!)

As for the location of this person, it is some indication of her socio-economic status. If it is a barrio, then she is looking to get out of the barrio, get a visa and get out of here. If it is Cerros de Gurabo, Los Jardines, Rincon Largo, or la Trinitaria, things might be different. Just a fact of life.

The total ignorance of the OP regarding this country was mind-boggling, so I think this is either a put on or just someone who needs to be jangled a bit to wake up...

But, hey! I really do not give a hoot. It's his nickle (or lots of nickles)...Whatever. Remember: "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."

HB