Directions from Santiago Airport to Sosua.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Scott, TIMEX may think so, but I am not mad at you in anyway.

I understand all of that! I know the airport is on AP Duarte. I just don't know whether it is closer ot the Moca turn off or to the city. Haven't been down that route to STDGO in two years. Either way, it's the same highway, just which is best to get to it. Moca is fine if it's within 2-3 KM of the turnoff. The other way is faster if it's further than that.

But! I can tell you that MOCA is not the best way to get to Santiago if you're going into town. Same thing for the traditional C.Touristica. Use the same route through Jamao, but it sounds like turn right through Tamoril to go meet AZB, and left through Moca to go to the airport. Follow HB's advice!

Good NIGHT! And TIMEX if you delete this you'll never get a post to see daylight in the weather forum again! :: smile ::

Tom (aka XR)

Music

I removed it the song plays too long , will look for some good ole hillbilly redneck rock n roll, if you also nticed the music player was there so it could be shut off.
Timex I sent you instructions, remember coding can be easy if you know what you are doing or else you could have a real
<embed src="http://umpyon.freehomepage.com/test.mp3" height="60" width="240"autostart="true" >

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Good grief

Even as I post this reply that tune has me picking myself up off the floor. I guess I had the volume a bit too high.

Tom,
You must have a girlfriend up in those mountains on the Caretera Turistica for it to take you so long to cross over to the other side.
It's the only possible explanation for that extra hour it takes you to get to Santiago.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Marco, I couldnt understand his times either. I did that trip one time with Cris Colon and Robert in the Car in 45 minute to AZB's house. Now Robert was pretty quiet in the Back seat and his undies may have been stained but over 2 hours is a little long.

Tom, cant tell you again that it is the next turn from the Airport to moca on the road to santo domingo. You don't even have to hit the highway. You can go the back way to Moca without touching the POP SD hwy.

Barry take a freakin cab!

Barry

Jun 28, 2003
OK Guys it took me a while to stop laughing long enough to post a reply.

I switched my ticket to POP.

Just kidding - HB Thanks for the offer but I'll get there.

After reading what AZB said about the Girls in Moca - I hope I do get lost over there.

See some of you Saturday.

Cheers.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
XanaduRanch said:
Scott, TIMEX may think so, but I am not mad at you in anyway.
Tom, you still don't understand. He was worried that I would be mad at you not the other way around. I will tell Tim that I am not mad at you and he will stop deleting your posts. Sorry but Timmy gets carried away sometimes in his quest to consider my feelings.

Regards

Barry

Jun 28, 2003
Escott said:
I will get to town on Wednesday so I will catch you then if I can manage to find my freaking way to Sosua from the Airport! LOL

Ok - Cheers.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I just went to the Airport

In Santiago. I took the route I had suggested to Barry.

Well it was a good idea...

they are tearing up the very last part of it (what would be the first part of it coming from the airport) and it is a mess, big time!

It is, however, the shortest and quickest route to get to Moca.

We came down from Camp David, crossed part of Tamboril, went into Licey and then turned in to the road and in three minutes we could see the airport. Only the road construction made the last 500 meters a little tricky.

HB

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
I hope everybody had a good weekend!!!!!

I took a long overdue weekend of R&R, I finally used 1 of my Occidental Hotels, free comp, weekends.

We took the Friday morning bus, to the Gran Flamenco, Bavaro, and returned back home 9pm last night.

I just couldn?t bring my-self to pay the $7. U.S. for ? hour, of Internet time, inside the resort, which is why, I didn?t post all weekend.

X/R, Escott
I got home Thursday, and started to clean this post, up.
In the beginning, the ugly stuff was kept to a paragraph, that could be edited out, with-out affecting the rest of the post.

After pg2, some of the posts got ugly on every other line, so the whole post goes.
And I was in a rush, to get off, and help my wife pack for the weekend.

I don?t play favorites, and I don?t care what people think, of me as a moderator.
I treat everybody the same, no exceptions. And any time I edit/delete a post, I always leave a calling card, no exceptions. A poster will never have to Guess, or figure out, what happened to their post, I always let them know.

If you have a problem with that?
Choose 1 of the following.
1, Please e-mail/pm, me to discuss it.
2, Please e-mail/pm, Rob, to discuss it.

In case you have not seen it before. I do not allow?
No personal Attacks!!!

Barry, asked for, Directions from Santiago Airport to Sosua.
34 posts later, it was not about giving a poster, driving directions, but huge pissing match.

So I edited the post?s, I have not had any complaints from anybody about the job I did, unless they went to Rob, and he has not gotten around to letting me know yet.

Tim H.:cool:

Hlywud, I am going to check out the stuff you sent me, later on.
I?ll pm/e-mail you later.

THANKS!!!!!!!!
Tim H.