Dish network

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The dish hopper is for recording shows and movies, but you should not use this outside of the US since it needs to be hooked up via internet and they will see its outside the US. Maybe you can mask it but i wouldn't risk it.

You buy or sign up for the Go Anywhere option on your DISH account.
It's not available to non-DISH customers as far as I know

It should work perfectly here on a laptop, etc.

In Canada, we laptop Amazon video and hook it into the big TV.... HDMI cable
That's about as hi-tech as I get.......... and I need help for that !!!!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
http://buyiptvserver.com/

windyguy - How does IPTV differ from pirated free streaming live TV? After paying for the IPTV, there are no additional charges to access those hundreds of channels?

The difference is the "provider" attempts to keep the channels up and you don't have to fight dead links. There are no additional charges over the annual donation. I think the link you have is a either a different provider or another way to get to to the same one.

affald

May 17, 2004
How is this iptv different \ better than kodi on an amazon fire tv?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
How is this iptv different \ better than kodi on an amazon fire tv?

Kodi, from my experience, has a lot of dead links. You spend a lot of time trying to find things that work. The IPTV also has on demand movies if that is of interest to you.

By the way, I understand you can run the IPTV service on a FIRE/KODI set up. It can also be run on any computer that can run KODI with the IPTVSTALKER add on, which the new versions of KODI already have.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Yes.
Box first, hook it up and get the "subscription/donation code".

So I've been to find where you purchase the actual yearly access. But are you saying that process will start once you fire up your new iptv box? And you'll pay then for the access?

Or do you get the subscription/donation code elsewhere?

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So I've been to find where you purchase the actual yearly access. But are you saying that process will start once you fire up your new iptv box? And you'll pay then for the access?

Or do you get the subscription/donation code elsewhere?

The donation/subscription/code/access are one in the same and is purchased whenever you want to purchase it. . It just makes sense to have the box before you pay for a year of service.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Where did Affald claim there would be no cable run from the dish to the receiver? No more coffee for you today.

No I didn't say that. I am asking how he would pick up reception? He seems to be going to a lot of trouble to do something that is illegal? Just curious?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Isn't that the beauty of the DISHANYWHERE concept?

All you need is an internet connection and Shazam---- you have TV

affald

May 17, 2004
How about a link to the best hardware?

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Do you mean that you don't turn off the service in the USA or you leave the USA receiver powered up and on in the USA 24/7? Thanks

I leave both receivers (Model VIP722DVR) on all year. Whenever I arrive at either location (NJ or POP) the previously recorded shows are ready and waiting for me.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
How about a link to the best hardware?

From reading on some IPTV forums, it looks like the Mag 254 is one of the better ones. I may order later today.

Don't know where you are, but here are some ebay listings. But watch out, some are for foreign locations: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro....H1.Xiptv+boxes.TRS0&_nkw=iptv+boxes&_sacat=0

Is anyone here actually using IPTV? I saw a scroll on one forum saying that IPTV had went dark, and no answers currently available.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Is anyone here actually using IPTV? I saw a scroll on one forum saying that IPTV had went dark, and no answers currently available.

My MAG254 is working properly as of 60 seconds ago. Acquired in SD by my friend for ~$9000 RD. There are some dead channels, but I think the feeds from them just go up and down. The main ones seem to work properly 24/7.