Do Dogs Really Make a Difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I came here knowing I would live this way. No way is someone killing me in my house! Outside fine come get me but not on my property!!

I had the same safety stuff at my house in a very nice area in Vancouver.

Isn't the end result the same ? ;)

Call me spoiled, but I don't want be killed anywhere PERIOD :D

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
4. ...us INSIDE (you never go outside to investigate!) so we can pump the Remington 12 gauge with 00 buck shot...

You got an actual Remington here? I'd love to find another Mossberg but everything I've seen people carrying looks like a beat to hell knock-off.

OK to the people who never leave their house unattended, how many people live in your house? Or do you mean never unattended including workers being there to watch the place?

It would suck if I could never go out with the wife again...lol

I really should stop going outside to check things out, one day I may not like what I find!

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014
We have a Doberman and a Beauceron. They live with us at home. Daily we go out with them several times and the whole neighborhood see them and talk to us from a respectable distance……….
At night our dogs sleep in the house where ever they please to but mostly they sleep next to our bed.

We will never leave them alone in the yard because they could be poison.

Imagene when they start barking and growl. Would you still want to try to get in?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I bought a 12ga. Mossberg here 17 years ago.
It's never been fired. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
But I'm still have HOPE !!!!!!!!!!!
I don't "FEAR" Dominicans, I "FEAR" thieves!
"OH",...wait a minute, I guess I DO FEAR DOMINICANS!!!!!!!!

I ALWAYS enjoy the "If You Hate The DR So Much, Just Leave"!!!!!!!
Comments.
ALWAYS from posters who don't even live here!!!!!!!
What man in his right mind would leave a country with so many willing young girls always available???????
NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I dont fear dominicans specifically...... I fear humans in general...... even more than zombies.....

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Dogs are a deterrent for burglars, nothing more.
It is true that most dominicans seem to be afraid of dogs, but don't let that give you a false sense of security.

Robbers that want to get into your house will get in, dogs or not.

More than once, i know of people who have trusted too much in their dogs.
Their maid, gardener or whoever, who are usually trusted both by the family and the dogs have pressure put on them (by the robbers) to distract the pets and give them doctored food (to put them to sleep - not permanently). While the dogs are gone the robbers show up in their police/dncd uniforms and have their way.

Obviously, if this happens, just do everything they tell you. They'll probably take your car as well. The dogs will appear a short time later. Usually the 'trusted' employee will not. If they do, they are the first to be arrested.

The dogs should appear a short time later.

Won't help if you keep yoir dogs in at night. The professionals prefer to see what is going on in daylight.

No, it has not happened to me.

Have to agree with some posters, if you think you are going to be in a place where you will be living in fear all the time, then look for an alternative.

May 5, 2007
Yes, model 870 Marine, stainless steel.
Pump Action Shotgun - Model 870 Marine Magnum - Remington Shotguns
Very convenient in this climate here.

Available on the last day we leave this place.

donP

Those used to be (An I assume still are) popular in Police Cruisers, we had them in vertical lock ups right beside emergency light/siren controls Most were nicked and banged up and I had no freaking idea what they cost now until I followed your link (Of course ours were blue but still, I think they were a couple hundred bucks tops) Do you mind saying how many thousand that thing cost in the DR?

TP666

Sep 6, 2005
Cameras are great but around here they wear masks. Also they give them Meat with 3 step the day before= dead dogs.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Dogs + Remington

Do you mind saying how many thousand that thing cost in the DR?

I have no idea whether they are still being sold and for how much.
{Actually I would like to know myself, so I could know the price to sell it for if and when I leave.}

I bought it at Ferreter?a Americana in 1997 and received it early in 1998 from I.G.M.B.F.A.

donP

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Just moved out of the general area you are talking about! (only just past the International School) It is not a place to live if you are going to live in fear, lot's of power outages and since your yard is not fenced that is an issue....we lived in a small gated community but only one guard and when the power was out our inverter took care of us but the common property was not lit nor the street lights. We had our electrical wires cut and the breaker from the electric box removed (it was located at the end of the road with others but only ours was touched) that was the last straw....no longer felt secure and moved to a place that has more people around, guarded gated community and further out of town....we have a walled yard with electrified barbed wire ontop and a nice large black rescue dog that will lick you to death if he knows you but if not he will protect you with his life! Look around and reconsider all your options, don't live in fear. It is usually someone on the inside that can pull these things off, not a total stranger.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Safe or Unsafe?

Just moved out of the general area you are talking about! (only just past the International School) It is not a place to live if you are going to live in fear, lot's of power outages and since your yard is not fenced that is an issue....

My boyfriend is Dominican and thinks the house is perfectly safe (...)

Hmm, whom will she believe now? :cross-eye

donP

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Without knowing the area, common sense just tell me that if the other houses are fanced, they must have a good reason. No ?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Without knowing the area, common sense just tell me that if the other houses are fanced, they must have a good reason. No ?

on our street there are both houses with really high walls (like ours) and with a fence low enough for me to pass without straining (our neighbour who thus created a point of entry to our garden for all homeless cats within 10 miles radius). so it may simply depend on the owner. i always prefer walls not for safety, really, but for privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.