Do-it-Yourself Temporary Residency Renewal Procedure

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
No argument but what makes the SD doctors so honest_
The government knows how widespread the corruption is to the point of paranoia. They have, I think, two specific clinics that they've thoroughly investigated and "fraud-proofed" and that's what they're sticking with.

Meanwhile, you had to get a medical to get the initial temporary residency and can live here for years just fine, but the moment you want to change to permanent, suddenly they need to check your health again.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Think about it. They had approved clinics everywhere that were certified to check for and issue covid test results, but a simple blood and drug test and a x-ray from a machine that was made in the 50's can only be done in SD,

zeferus

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Quick data point of renewing the Residencia Temporal

Did everything online a few weeks ago including paying using the Banco Popular debit card following the instructions on the official site.

Appointment was set for noon today but I showed up early at around 9:35. Had to show my passport to get a ticket “turno”

Waited until 10am watching the lcd screen for my turn number. Was then asked to give photocopy of cédula and photocopy of passport photo page.

Photo were taken around 10:30, name was yelled out along with a few other by someone in window 9.

Residencia signed and picked up in window 14 at around 11am. Names in that window are called 1 by 1.

JCE entered and left in less than 10mins

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
called twice today. said they would send it twice, no dice. gotta wait to charges are posted to dispute. just lock my card til tomorrw.
Actually, if you had received that policy today, that would have been a miracle. Nothing happens that fast here in the DR. Give it until tomorrow.

Reactions: Paxter

jfk66

Dec 31, 2004
Hi, just got my definitive residency yesterday. For the cedula, I found out the hard way so I share, please note that for the cedula, the location for the issuing/renewal has changed, it is no longer on the Luperon avenue in Santo domingo but at the junction of Buenaventura Freites Street and John F. Kennedy Avenue in Santo domingo as per the following link:
https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2024/02/07/jce-relocates-immigration-department-to-john-f-kennedy-avenue-building/

Took me about 20 minutes total before walking away with a cedula valid for 10 years.

I hope this helps

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Hi, just got my definitive residency yesterday. For the cedula, I found out the hard way so I share, please note that for the cedula, the location for the issuing/renewal has changed, it is no longer on the Luperon avenue in Santo domingo but at the junction of Buenaventura Freites Street and John F. Kennedy Avenue in Santo domingo as per the following link:
https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local...department-to-john-f-kennedy-avenue-building/

Took me about 20 minutes total before walking away with a cedula valid for 10 years.

I hope this helps
Is this for both Residency and Cedula ?

jfk66

Dec 31, 2004
Is this for both Residency and Cedula ?
No only for cedula, once you get your residency as the usual place DIRECCIÓN GENERAL DE MIGRACIÓN. Autopista 30 de Mayo, Esquina Héroes De Luperon, Santo Domingo

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local...department-to-john-f-kennedy-avenue-building/

I hope this helps
There was a Scotiabank at that location. Same building?

1709299220959.jpeg

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete

I hope this helps
How much was the cedula for 10 years? I am getting my definitive residencia next week and will go to the new cedula place to get my cedula. It used to be that you can only apply in person, there is no online platform and you have to pay in cash (unlike the residencia where you can do everything online). Is this still the case and how much is it now?...many thanks.