Dominican Hipocracy wiith Haiti's delema

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I will neither confirm or deny your inconclusive insinuation of my identity,instead I will shield my dignity with the second part of my name, ENIGMA. peace;)

You can shield whatever you wish, The Clear Enigma, but my concern as always, on these boards is the posting of accurate information. You might have noticed recently there have been a number of posts from potential volunteers trying to get into Haiti, or seeking current information. It behooves us to answer accurately if we can, and if we can't or have no knowledge, then we should remain silent.

It isn't too difficult to spot how a journalist writes. The author of the Miami Herald piece has been writing for them for over 30 years. I received a mail from him this morning. He found your post 'a remarkable coincidence, apparently' and confirmed that he is not you.

Willowtears

Dec 17, 2009
Apparently some people's heart become's at times rough,tough,less sensible,less compassionate,maybe it's where they live,or it's just the Quisqueya air that you have been exposed to on the island that has created this predisposition to accept certain acts as just plain normal, bob

I truly understand and make sense of your point. However, if you have been following the recent reports, Haiti is in complete chaos. The desperation in Haiti has made most of those same earthquake victims lose their sense of humanity. In times of desperation we humans take desperate measures, in this case crossing foreign borders. If the DR does not take force in their actions by protecting the country?s borders, then the DR will be overwhelmed with Haitian refugees escaping the chaos and contaminating the DR with that same desperate chaos, which will not help either of the countries

I won't judge you sentiments over what you witness, but you must know and not forget the U.S. along with other countries use brute force to ?protect? what is theirs.

The DR government is being scrutinized because it?s the closest thing to Haiti.

The Clear Enigma

Oct 24, 2009
So you feel the DR should just open the borders wide, let everyone in, regardless of whether they have a criminal record, no papers, no legal status and may possibly be an escaped murderer or rapist? You are confusing compassion with practical reality. These penned men are not children, pregnant women, or people with severe injuries- They at most economic immigrants, like most illegals in the REST OF THE WORLD. Since the DR is a poor country, it doesn't have state of the Art holding facilities for illegal immigrants. The DR government already said they wouldn't repeat the illegals already in the country, but they did say no more. I think they are already doing as much as they can.'I may live in a Cold country but rest assure Canadians have warm hearts. I sponsor several children through Children international and bring suitcases of stuff for poor Dominicans each time I come. What do you do? Like many people I didn't need an earthquake to open my eyes and pocketbook.

:surprised Your clarification has been received with the utmost appreciation,and we do need more humans with your compassion,and again it all has a lot to do in my opinion with which world we are more exposed to,thus it changes our outlook and expectancy of things around us. peace,bob

The Clear Enigma

Oct 24, 2009
You can shield whatever you wish, The Clear Enigma, but my concern as always, on these boards is the posting of accurate information. You might have noticed recently there have been a number of posts from potential volunteers trying to get into Haiti, or seeking current information. It behooves us to answer accurately if we can, and if we can't or have no knowledge, then we should remain silent.

It isn't too difficult to spot how a journalist writes. The author of the Miami Herald piece has been writing for them for over 30 years. I received a mail from him this morning. He found your post 'a remarkable coincidence, apparently' and confirmed that he is not you.

I will not deny his article was read by me,but at the same time his observation in Duverge,is a sentiment not singular to himself,and I also observed the roadside scene just as thousands alike.Your concern to be appropriate Lambada,in respects to accounts,knowledge ect.,has been well received :classic:

The Clear Enigma

Oct 24, 2009
I truly understand and make sense of your point. However, if you have been following the recent reports, Haiti is in complete chaos. The desperation in Haiti has made most of those same earthquake victims lose their sense of humanity. In times of desperation we humans take desperate measures, in this case crossing foreign borders. If the DR does not take force in their actions by protecting the country?s borders, then the DR will be overwhelmed with Haitian refugees escaping the chaos and contaminating the DR with that same desperate chaos, which will not help either of the countries

I won't judge you sentiments over what you witness, but you must know and not forget the U.S. along with other countries use brute force to ?protect? what is theirs.

The DR government is being scrutinized because it?s the closest thing to Haiti.

I must concur Willowtears:ermm:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Your sense of smell is pretty keen:surprised Cobraboy,

Hey Fred, why don't you pause the pc button and get your baloney over to Jimani, which is currently overun with Haitians? I just called the DOMINICAN RC there and they are doing everything they can for the Haitans.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Your sense of smell is pretty keen:surprised Cobraboy,

And my eyesight is excellent...

Your IPs don't resolve to anywhere near Miami where the article was posted nor anywhere near the country you claim to have been in yesterday.

If you are caught not citing sources for direct quotes in the future there will be consequences. Also please remember one of the Terms of Service to which you agreed when signing up here was NOT to post copyright material without permission. I'm not going to even bother to check to see if the Miami Herald article you "read" is copyright or ask you if you have permission from them to use their protected work but in the future please "briefly" paraphrase the article and cite your source - a link is fine as long as it points to the original copyright article.

To the extent possible on the internet we take intellectual property and work seriously - you should too.

Gregg
Mod.

Reactions: Chirimoya

The Clear Enigma

Oct 24, 2009
]
And my eyesight is excellent...

Your IPs don't resolve to anywhere near Miami where the article was posted nor anywhere near the country you claim to have been in yesterday.

If you are caught not citing sources for direct quotes in the future there will be consequences. Also please remember one of the Terms of Service to which you agreed when signing up here was NOT to post copyright material without permission. I'm not going to even bother to check to see if the Miami Herald article you "read" is copyright or ask you if you have permission from them to use their protected work but in the future please "briefly" paraphrase the article and cite your source - a link is fine as long as it points to the original copyright article.

To the extent possible on the internet we take intellectual property and work seriously - you should too.

Gregg
Mod.

I will not resort to rebuttal, sometimes I just think that my name Enigma, supersedes me detrimentally at times,but your point was well taken and I will try to use the proper internet protocol next time. peace:classic: