Dominican Republic's Racial Strife

A

Abe

Re: This IS Titi's problem ...

"Yeah, this country is so poor that meanwhile every ignorant office clerk owns a Jeepeta, which people in other countries, where you have to work, would not be able to afford."

So, we?ve just found out the DR is so rich, you just have to be an simple office clerk to by a US$ 35,000.00 dollar SUV not even most people in the United States can come up with the money for.

You know you sound so funny saying that, I was rolling on the floor laughing, is what why you won't post with your own name?

>In this country it is always up to the other to pay

So, why should we pay for the mistakes of the Haitians?

Look, if you don't have anything cogent to say, don't say anything at all.

: ) Every office clerk owns a Jeepeta (SUV)??...

HAHAHA!! NOW THAT?S FUNNY

A

Abe

How the Canadian border...

Hello Maria,

And antoher question: Why is the US/Canada the largest unguarded border in the word?

Why can Canadians come into the US unmolested and the Mexicans not. Isn't that racial descrimination?

You see then worrying about how Haitians live in the DR. How about the poor Dominicans who live near Ca?adas, Barrancones and poor Barrios of the Capital, aren't they suffering from inhumane conditions too?, why don?t they go reclaiming to Aristide?, because they know the minute they start talking the Labalas people would take ?em away and shoot in the back of the head at sunrise.

The truth is, these people have not reason, their reason is to call Dominican racists that's how they hope to win the case of destroying the DR's people and culture, when you want to shut the other up, you call him either a racist or a pedophile, that?s the fastest way to win an argument.

J

Joachim

Re: This IS Titi's problem ...

Wrong, it is up to Haiti to solve its own problems!! Haiti should stop trying to pass the buck to others.

R

Richard. GabyCruz

Re: Right on!!

Okey this messagegoes for PISSED DOMINICAN .All what you said we Dominicans do for our neighbors the Haitians is very commendable for th saing Cast your bread uppon Water,.God willbless us and our country with prosperity good health and wealth, however I wonder what you have to say about our Compatriots tha come to the US to COGER LOS MANGOS BAJITOS" that work and collect Wellfare, Collect SSI and never have work in this country that suit Companies and insurances for fulliest reasons, what do you have to say about that? the people who abuse the sistem hurting the taxpayers etc. At least the Haitians cut our sugar caine for pinnuts, risk theyre life being a Watchiman protecting our houses. Compassion is a virtude my brother.

R

Richard. GabyCruz

Re: Dominican Republic Border

I always tought that if Dominicans and Haitians united their hands together like two suffering brothers, and help each other they could come up with a wonderfull unite island shearing all their assets and blesses that mother nature and God has given to the beautifull Hispaniola Island, why not we all are created equal,are we not? . So let unite our povertys dreams and ambition and create a better world for both countries,let forget about racism and cultural difference, please lets be better human being, children of God and it will reign peace.

R

Richard. GabyCruz

Re: Racism and Tourism

Cris you IGNORAMOUS, can you answer a simple question? why nothing intelligent come out of your mouth? .I feel very sorry for the poor election of your poor Dominican wife.

C

criss colon

I notice by your post that it was sent after 1am., perhaps you need a good night,s sleep.My wife is not a "political" person,and has never been involved in an election.Please have a "Nice Day",and try to get some rest.

O

Onions and carrots

Criss Colon A.K.A. Capt. Morgan is a racist. He thinks there are no white people in the DR. That everyone came from Africa.He even insults his wife by offering to move to Villa Mella. Boy ,what money can do to buy a person. But you can never buy a person's soul.

C

criss colon

Wow!,everyone but me knows what I think.OK,how do I insult my wife by moving to Villa Mella? A lot of her family live in Villa Mella.The rest of her family lives in Simon Bolivar.Anyone How can I ever repay you?who "knows" Santo Domingo,knows that these barios are "muy caliente".We go there on Sunday afternoons to have dinner with her family.Later we drink beer and play dominoes.This is really difficult for a "racist" like me! You can only imagine the shame I feel everytime my beautiful 4 year old son sits on my lap and says "I love you Papi",now that you have informed me that I am a "racist",knowing that he is a 1/2 black.I guess that I should now re-evaluate my relationship with my wife, as she is 100% black.Thank you for informing me that I am a "Racist",I could have continued to go through life thinking that you should judge a person by the depth of their character,not by the color of their skin.

O

Onions and carrots

By your own words in previous posts.Your wife doesn't consider herself a Negro like you love to state. You yourself said that she didn't want to live in Villa Mella. There are many people in the DR that don't want to consider themselves black but indio. So who are you to counter what the DR considers black or not. To most racists foreigners like yourself you would call ex-Prez. Leo Fdnez un negro or mulato but to us he's indio. So it ain't your place as a foreigner to classify races within the DR.My family came straight from Spain and are all white but I don't use that as a superiority thing like most foreigners do. Learn a little about the DR culture before you go offending Dominicans.

M

Marc

The Ignorant Racist

How is it that when someone speaks from their personal experience they are labelled as in ignoramus and racist? Are people arrogant enough to believe they have it all figured out and they can judge other's experiences to be ignorant and racist?

Keep posting, Criss. I find your posts are refreshingly honest, and your sense of humour and choice of words great, ...hope this doesn't make me an ignorant racist too..

marc

C

criss colon

"Nice Try", I am indeed the foreigner living in Sto.Dgo.,thats the point,I,m here,you are not!You like to live where the lights are "On" 24/7!Stay there,but you loose your "Rights" to comment about what is going on in Sto.Dgo. Oh!,I really never gave to much thought about the skin color of X-President Fernandez,I have better things to do than ponder the "tone" of someones skin.I just thought it was a pitty he could,t be president for 4 more years.I,m happy that you are so proud that your family came from Spain 350 years ago,and that they are white.I am happy that my family went to the USA.from England, and Holland,100 years ago,and that they were good people, worked hard, loved their new country,and did the best that they could for their family. I don,t like to comment on what happens in the USA.,because I chose to come to the Dominican Republic.I have an interest in what happens here because my wife ,children,and "family" are here.Come "Home",or Shut-Up! Criss

T

Teresita

Now I'm confused, are you a Rican born or a Gringo born? Just want to know, not trying to cause mal intent.

C

criss colon

Re: The Ignorant Racist

Not in my book, Mark.But I know how you feel.Oh!,excuse me Mark,I really don,t know how you feel,but I respect your right to feel the way you do,and I will defend till death your right to feel that way!Wow! these people need to get a "Life" Thank God I only use these "Posts" as a way to pass time when I should be "working."I would like to see more posts from you,like oxigen to someone who has been "suffocating!" Be prepared to be told what you "think",and "flamed",if your "lifestyle"is not to "their" liking.Thank you.Oh!,you are now a "racist" by association,I think that,s the "worst" kind!

Criss

C

criss colon

100% "Gringo" blood running through these veins,and proud of it!Oh!, I almost forgot,my family has been "Pure" white for 350 years,I add that because I know it is very important to O&C! If you go back more than 350 years there was a "Rican",(your words)in the family,who "claimed" he was "white", but you know that all "Ricans",(your words) are liars! "Por Dios", what is up with you people? We are who we are, by accident of birth! I didn,t choose to be "better" than you, it just "Happened",(Sorry, I couldn,t resist that one)I really dislike "Mean" people! Why are you so concerned about where people "come from",or what "color" they are? So your people came from Spain 350 years ago,Hey!, 350 years ago!,get the picture? Nobody but you and those "like you"give a "flying f--k" about 350 years ogo! It,s what "YOU" do,and who "YOU" are "TODAY" that,s important! Sadly, up until now what "YOU" have been doing "Sucks!"

O

Onions and carrots

That's my point. In the DR nobody cares what color you or anyone else is. The DR is probably the most mixed country in the world.The reason I bought my past is twofold. One i amproud of who I am as anyone else is. Second, the DR is not a black republic as so many of you would like to believe. If it were I wouldn't care but it ain't.The DR ranges from white to black and everything in between. I would rather be in the DR always than Miami but I have to tend to the family agricultural business here for months at a time.The fact that you are married to your wife who is black(YOUR WORDS) and your child is half-black(YOUR WORDS) doesn't mean you don't have racist overtones.By the way in the DR there is no racial classification termed half-black. That is also derogatory. The proper term in the DR is indio.Like I said before learn about the DR before you criticize.

M

Maria Obetsanov

Re: Nationalism is not racism

The problem with Haiti is not tourism, is is the undeclared invasion of the DR, with their poorer population similar to that of many imigrants into the US. They come in to use what little resources the DR has, when most of the Dominican are still not as well taken care by a system, or interstructure for school, medecine, food and the like. We need financial help to take care of the Dominican citizens, are there any offers from the beeding Hearts that think we should take care of the Haitians problem, while negleting our own people. Charity begings, at home, sorry, but this is a reality we all have to face. Each country has a border to point out it territory and boundary of responsibility for that government and its interstructure, otherwise there will be no laws.

B

B

Not Again

The usa invaded Haiti and so being they have lots of money let the usa take care of all of the worlds problems.

R

Richard. GabyCruz

Go, Baby ONIONS AND CARROTS. It is owr duty to show Cris how to find his roots. You go Girl/boy. HELLOW///